Effective 2/25/2018, you need at least 75 direct points to qualify for Membership Extras

I definitely think that DVD is riding the economic growth to these higher prices, wonder if during the next down turn that they will be forced to actually reduce prices though.

Reduce prices, no. Higher incentives when you buy a certain number of points, yes.

Hey, I like to look on the bright side of an economic recession.......
Points for effort, I'll give you that!

I'm sure, for the "live" properties (ones they're actively selling, CCV and AUL right now), there will be discounts or dealer incentives or whatever else they want to call it. But reduce the base price, very unlikely.

I definitely think that DVD is riding the economic growth to these higher prices, wonder if during the next down turn that they will be forced to actually reduce prices though.

Well, they wouldn't have to too badly. Let people buy resale. If it gets too cheap, ROFR it and force prices up closer to direct. Hoard those points and rent them out at a hotel room discount to ride the wave.
Then add lots of incentives to sell not sold out resorts, making the price seem high, but actually not be too bad.

Alright! My guide Randy came through, got me the Dec UY that I wanted. I was ready to settle for Feb UY and researching the contingencies but I'm happy as a clam! Wasn't really planning to buy direct or 50 points direct but in the end I'm happy that I'll be an owner soon!
Nice! What resort? I’m anxiously awaiting a call but nothing yet. How long were you on the waitlist for 50 points?

Nice! What resort? I’m anxiously awaiting a call but nothing yet. How long were you on the waitlist for 50 points?
AKL, I've been on WL since Tuesday afternoon. I think they are busy trying to get everyone under the wire, churning through the list. One of the unpredictable parts is some people will be on WL and then not go through with it, then ends up the next one down.

I am also a resale buyer on several wait lists for an additional 25 points. Is it possible to "return" points after you have bought them? I'm thinking of the scenario where my 2nd or 3rd choice resort has 25 points come available in the next few days and I buy them, but then the next day points become available at my top choice. Would I be able to void the first purchase and get the one I really want? Is there a return period? Thanks!

I am happy that people are getting what they want but it amazes me the Disney creates a situation where we are excited and feel special that we are allowed to spend money with them. They are geniuses when it comes to marketing.

:earsboy: Bill
Haha my husband said the same thing! Only Disney can enforce a policy change and we are like please call me and take my money (as I wait by the phone myself). You win again, Disney

I am also a resale buyer on several wait lists for an additional 25 points. Is it possible to "return" points after you have bought them? I'm thinking of the scenario where my 2nd or 3rd choice resort has 25 points come available in the next few days and I buy them, but then the next day points become available at my top choice. Would I be able to void the first purchase and get the one I really want? Is there a return period? Thanks!

They would mail you the contract. You can sit on it for a few days and see if a other one becomes available. If this is the case, just call your guide and decline to sign it. Even if you do sign it, you get up to 10 days to rescind (fitting right in with the 25th cutoff)

Thanks, Ben! So what needs to be done by the 2/25 cutoff?
I need to have a physical contract signed by that point? They need to have charged my credit card and the payment has been made? Or they need to get the signed contract back and record it somehow?

Haha my husband said the same thing! Only Disney can enforce a policy change and we are like please call me and take my money (as I wait by the phone myself). You win again, Disney

And you are buying to go to Disney to spend even more money! :flower:

My guess is that once you buy, your other waitlists will be canceled.

Thanks, Ben! So what needs to be done by the 2/25 cutoff?
I need to have a physical contract signed by that point? They need to have charged my credit card and the payment has been made? Or they need to get the signed contract back and record it somehow?

I don't know myself. I would guess just make the first deposit, which you would do via the phone, by then. I do not know this with any certainty, though. Call the guide and ask about this as well.

I don't know myself. I would guess just make the first deposit, which you would do via the phone, by then. I do not know this with any certainty, though. Call the guide and ask about this as well.
My guide says the agreements need to be in the system, after the deadline passes, rewrites can’t be made. Supposedly this came from the VP of the division, that the computer program doesn’t allow exceptions.

Wow, I definitely didn't expect this, but my 25pt Poly WL came through (I was added on Sunday afternoon). But I love CCV so I'm not sure if I want to switch the CCV 50pts for the Poly 25pts now :P My Poly contract is still in ROFR (it's been there for a week... I hope they didn't take it to fulfill my WL haha).

I decided to keep my 50 CCV pts instead of the 25 at Poly. But the crazy thing is I think they may have lost the Poly points! If I was set on Poly, I would’ve been really upset!!!

On Tuesday the guide called to say my waitlist came through, took my information and credit card, but I never saw the charge on my credit card and the points in my account (which happened same day for CCV). He even emailed me the next day to send a PDF of membership extras. I’ve since emailed the guide twice and left a voice mail, but no response... so weird, right?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!