Electrical Parade

wetts1

Earning My Ears
My understanding is that the Electrical Parade is in California Adventure. Is this a permanent parade, or just for the 50th anniversary? Will it still be running next summer and what time(s) does the parade run? Thanks in advance.

The electrical parade is currently on hiatus, the block party bash is running in DCA instead. The EP will return for 2 weeks in December for Christmas. I think it will then be back in the spring once the parks are open late again since it must run at night. The Disneyland website still lists it and states it runs "seasonally".

Thanks samkj. So then do you think it will be running next summer since the hours are extended during July and August?

It's a possibility.

DCA has made it known that they're looking for ways to improve the nightime crowds. (Right now, DCA usually closes 2 hours before DL).

Maybe they'll figure a new night parade.

Problem is that DCA has such a poorly designed...well maybe it's actually too well designed...parade route.

It's an expansive large open space (even bigger than WDW Magic Kingdom route, which is pretty large), and without the compacted feeling of Disneyland, this small scale parade loses a lot of luster.

-"Who KNows?" is the most official answer I can give.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I saw this at DCA when I was there in May 2002. It was a Saturday night, but it's safe to say they are probably going to continue to run this parade, as it is quite popular.

It's been running since 2001 (we saw it in Nov of 2001 when we visited). I hope it will be back for this coming Spring Break, as it is my 7 yr old DS's favorite thing at DL.

What would be nice is to 'spice' it up a bit by adding a couple of new floats as a tribute to the history of Disney Films, such as Fantasia, Jungle Book and Aladdin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter