Eliza61 ?

Lookin' good Red! :thumbsup2 Maybe you ought to PM me your name, SS number, address, phone number, email, computer passwords and bank card pin - in case we ever have to come after you! ;)

Nope. If I ever find the Shrangri-La that Eliza and WillyJ now inhabit, the last thing I'd want is to associate with DIS people. :snooty:

This thread makes me think we should all have "DIS next of kin" who can track us down IRL to let the boards know we're okay. Lol. If anyone ever starts missing me, ask @ronandannette my whereabouts. She has enough of my personal info to find me. :magnify:
And in addition to Tipsy, if you're ever looking for me you could always ask @kimblebee, @CdnCarrie, @Magpie, @declansdad, @Teresa Pitman, @lisaviolet, @Disneylover99, @NFLDERS or heck, even @tvguy's Sasketchewan cousins. 'Cause all Canadians know each other - right? :laughing:

Speaking of people who are missing, I've often wondered what happened to TDC Nala. She was a mod & regular on the restaurant board, then seemed to just disappear. She was always so helpful. I asked another mod, if she knew what happened to her, but she was wondering too. If anyone knows anything about her, please fill us in.

Last edited:
And in addition to Tipsy, if you're ever looking for me you could always ask @kimblebee, @CdnCarrie, @Magpie, @declansdad, @Teresa Pitman, @lisaviolet, @Disneylover99, @NFLDERS or heck, even @tvguy's Sasketchewan cousins. 'Cause all Canadians know each other - right? :laughing:
What is this, you want to gang up on me? You trying to start a Canadian war?

Also, you forgot @quandrea. She's Canadian. Come on @ronandannette, how hard is it to remember everybody? There's only, like, 37 of you up there.

Last edited:
What is this, you want to gang up on me? You trying to start a Canadian war?

Also, you forgot @quandrea. She's Canadian. Come on @ronandannette, how hard is it to remember everybody? There's only, like, 37 of you up there.
Calm down @TipsyTraveler - you and I are still in this together.
upload_2017-11-17_18-46-43.png

Oh, and hi @quandrea - I look forward to meeting the only living Canadian I don't already know. :wave2:

:blush: Sorry, eh! I didn't mention @Frozen Canuck either but here's hoping you both find your way home soon! :wave2:
View attachment 283960

:)

Funnily, I was talking to the person in the office next to mine (I started here (Switzerland) over the summer) and she mentioned that the person who used to be in that office was also Canadian. She started talking about what she (the person in my office before) did and I realised that I did know her! We worked at the same organization in Canada. Then I took a conference call and it turned out that person leading the Canadian organization and I had done our PhDs together (and knew each other well). I was informed that I wasn't helping the "all Canadians know each other stereotype".

I've wondered about Eliza too. I enjoyed her posts and we took a few conversations to PM after or to avoid the points we knew were coming if we continued participating on a thread, but I wasn't around much for a while and when I came back, she was gone. I hope she's off traveling the world and just doesn't have time for us little people, or that she said something highly gratifying and got a time-out that made her decide not to come back. :stir:

This thread has me thinking - my husband has a list of e-mails to send should anything happen to me unexpectedly, mostly groups I've been a part of for decades that don't have other members close enough for me to get together with IRL often. The DIS isn't on that list, though, so if I disappear it will remain a mystery.

:)

Funnily, I was talking to the person in the office next to mine (I started here (Switzerland) over the summer) and she mentioned that the person who used to be in that office was also Canadian. She started talking about what she (the person in my office before) did and I realised that I did know her! We worked at the same organization in Canada. Then I took a conference call and it turned out that person leading the Canadian organization and I had done our PhDs together (and knew each other well). I was informed that I wasn't helping the "all Canadians know each other stereotype".

We went on a Disney cruise a few years ago and we were talking to a couple one night and when they found out we were Canadian they said "Our dinner table mates are Canadian, maybe you know them". We rolled our eyes and laughed but we all got together for a show it turned out we DID know them! They were actually former co-workers of my husbands lol.

Yeah, I didn't quite understand it myself. I don't know if they discovered at some point that they lived near each other and exchanged info or what. All I remember is that she was going to check on him because everyone was so worried. She never came back here. Someone else had his phone number and tried calling, but he was not returning calls. In that case, I believe Willie gave his number to that person.

I pm'd with Willie for awhile after his mom passed. He was really in a bad place at that time. He was struggling being her caregiver then when she passed I think he felt some guilt. We were able to relate on that because I had lost my mom and was her caregiver. If I understood she was the last of his family and he felt very alone. My last pm to him he never responded back. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter