Elusive Ohana

worldfamous

Mouseketeer
Ok, so I let the reservation date slip by...but I'm looking at mid September and O'hana is already booked :(

Should I keep checking back in case people cancel, show up and wait, or pick someplace else?

We were hoping to check kids into Neverland Club and eat an adult dinner. What do you think?

I would book something else then if Ohana opens up, you can always cancel the other reservation. I have never been to Ohana. We are doing this for the first time on our next trip but I have heard that this is not really a romantic restaurant. It is very loud with lots of children's activities. Not sure if you were trying to have a romantic dinner without the kiddies. :)

I can't classify Ohana as romantic but neither is it 'kiddie.' Bottom line is Ohana has superb food. Eat there if you appreciate that.

Keep checking. Online is fast and easy and cost you nothing but your time.

While your waiting, book something just incase 'Ohana doesn't open up.

Keep checking. I doubt restaurants are fully booked. I believe Disney does not release all available reservations all at once. This is especially true if they're planning to offer FD as they'll need to hold back enough to handle those bookings.

Every year I've had ADR's I could not get early on and always have been able to in the months prior. Call early in the morning, 7am FL time every few days.

'Ohana is also on my DH's list of restaurant wants - and it is booked for our entire vacation. In the meantime, I booked something else we'd enjoy, but I check back daily (sometimes multiple times a day) in case 'Ohana opens up.

I've found some decent cancellations while checking online "after hours" when the dining hotline is closed. Many things do tend to open up, as people (like me) horde reservations until they make up their mind on their final schedule. So just keep checking and be flexible.

Best of luck!

I kind of see 'Ohana as a kiddie type place. It has a character breakfast, and every time we've eaten dinner there, it's been a big family choice, with lots of kiddos running around. I would make another res so you have a plan, and then keep checking to see if anything opens up at 'Ohana.

Keep checking!! I did ADR's 8 weeks out and was able to get Ohana twice, one for a late dinner and then I was able to change it to a reasonable time when another slot opened up.

What dates are you going to be there.

Does this web board have a place to share reservations cancelations? I have seen it on other boards. People post what res. they are looking for and some people just exchange res. no. with each other and some people just post they have canceled the following. It helped a lot on our last trip.

Ok, so I let the reservation date slip by...but I'm looking at mid September and O'hana is already booked :(

Should I keep checking back in case people cancel, show up and wait, or pick someplace else?

We were hoping to check kids into Neverland Club and eat an adult dinner. What do you think?

Hi dont know if it helps but just checked online and they have atable for 2 @ 8.20pm on 19th Sep 2010.:banana:

Ohana may not be romantic, but DH and I are going alone in September and are going to enjoy our favorite food at WDW for our annniversary. We love Ohana.

I agree with the PP, book an alternative, but keep trying. I just looked last night for our July trip that I just booked on Friday. On Friday there was nothing available, but on Saturday there was an opening during my trip at 8:40pm. Too late for my crew, but possibly not for 2 adults. There is always hope. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter