Email notifications on 'watched' threads

hawaiiangal

Mouseketeer
I stopped receiving email notifications of new posts on all of my watched threads about a month ago. The timing was when I was out of the country for about 3 weeks, so I assumed it had something to do with that. However, I've been back for quite a while, and still not receiving the emails. I went through and unwatched all of the threads, and then 'watched' them again, with email notifications marked - and still nothing.
A couple of weeks ago I also tried sending an email about this, but never heard back. So I'm trying this technical support....any help appreciated!

Is it possible you have not viewed your 'watched' threads recently? When you have a thread on 'watch with emails', you will receive an email when the first post is made but then you will not receive any more notifications until you visit that thread.

To see if you need to visit your 'watched' threads, click 'Watched' in the bar above. Any threads that are bolded have new posts on them since your last visit. Once you go to those threads the emails should start again.

1695787300877.png

Is it possible you have not viewed your 'watched' threads recently? When you have a thread on 'watch with emails', you will receive an email when the first post is made but then you will not receive any more notifications until you visit that thread.

To see if you need to visit your 'watched' threads, click 'Watched' in the bar above. Any threads that are bolded have new posts on them since your last visit. Once you go to those threads the emails should start again.

View attachment 797112

Yes, I've done that as well. That's my only way of seeing what I've missed each day - by going to the watched threads, reading through all that are bolded. Still not receiving any emails after that either.

Unfortunately, receiving emails could be impacted by your email provider. Be sure to check your spam folder, but if the email provider has it blocked the email doesn't even show up there. There are several folks who get frustrated by this -- several posts in the Technical Support forum.

I'm having the same issue, started a few days ago. I changed nothing in my preferences - everything there is still the same as it was. I was replying the to the watched thread notifications, and even responding to the thread...not sure what the issue is. I even went on my preferences and turned everything off then back on again earlier today but no luck. I came to this forum to see if anyone else was experiencing anything similar.
Nothing is going to my spam/junk folder.

Hawaiian gal - any luck with your problem yet? (assuming you even see this notification that is!)

The email notifications are challenging. There have been several posts about it over the years. Webmasters have responded that the biggest challenge is due to various email providers who decide the emails are "spam" and block them. Unfortunately this is not something DISboards can control.

post from WebmasterAlex

Thanks for the response...very odd that one day last week that gmail decided to block them. Oh well.

I'm having the same issue, started a few days ago. I changed nothing in my preferences - everything there is still the same as it was. I was replying the to the watched thread notifications, and even responding to the thread...not sure what the issue is. I even went on my preferences and turned everything off then back on again earlier today but no luck. I came to this forum to see if anyone else was experiencing anything similar.
Nothing is going to my spam/junk folder.

Hawaiian gal - any luck with your problem yet? (assuming you even see this notification that is!)

Hi there,
I have tried everything and absolutely no luck. I've used the same email for these boards for 11 years, never had an issue, always received the notifications on threads I've followed. Then I leave the country for a long 3-week vacation and stopped receiving notifications. I figured it was just an international issue, but came home and have not been able to continue to receive them no matter what I've tried. I only saw this response by visiting the 'watched' section. That is literally what I have to do every single time I want to see any of my 'following' updates.
So frustrating!

Hi there,
I have tried everything and absolutely no luck. I've used the same email for these boards for 11 years, never had an issue, always received the notifications on threads I've followed. Then I leave the country for a long 3-week vacation and stopped receiving notifications. I figured it was just an international issue, but came home and have not been able to continue to receive them no matter what I've tried. I only saw this response by visiting the 'watched' section. That is literally what I have to do every single time I want to see any of my 'following' updates.
So frustrating!
Also forgot to mention that they are 100% not going to spam, and email does NOT have the boards blocked - so I'm at a loss.

Hi there,
So frustrating!
I have had issues with this for a very long time. It appears that my email carrier is labeling these notifications as spam. They aren't going to my spam folder, they are just not being delivered. I have "fixed" the issue many times by setting up a throw away email account, then changing my email for this site to the new account. I then have all email from that account forwarded to my main email account. The last time I did it though, my email carrier caught on within a couple weeks, and now I have done that so many times the email site won't let me make any more.

I have tried marking emails as "not spam". I have tried adding the Dis to my contact list. Nothing seems to stop it. So frustrating.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter