"Emergency" weekend trip - need advice on room rates

molly2004

DIS Veteran
Since the airline prices have come down, we are planning an "emergency" trip. Emergency, because if I don't have a vacation soon, I'm going to crack! :crazy:

Anyway, we can only do three days, inclusive of travel. Planning on the Pop Century since we'll be going without the kids and want to maximize our time on the least amount of $$ possible. For a three day trip (Saturday - Monday) would rack rates be the only way I can go? Cannot get AP passes for the rates because we do not plan on returning again until the kids are old enough.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Free dining offer has expired, hasn't it? Figures.

What are your exact dates? The resorts are pretty full. I couldn't get anything through CRO for next week (my dh made reservation last week). You might be able to find something online like on travelocity or aaa.com if you are a member there. Rack is probably what you are going to pay. Are you a teacher or gov't employee? You can get the dolphin for $149 a night...

I would try to fly out on Friday night, after you get off of work. It will free up your entire Saturday for touring. :goodvibes

molly2004 said:
PS: Free dining offer has expired, hasn't it? Figures.

We booked free dining package on Saturday (7/02) and the CM on the phone told us that we had until July 14th to book it (this came up because they only had ASMu available and we wanted POP, so we were debating on whether or not to pay the deposit then or wait until the next day to see if POP opened up). After learning that they would not charge us if we wanted to switch to POP and it opened up, we booked ASMu, but the CM seemed very sure that we had until the 14th to book the free dining package. Don't know if this helps, but maybe they extended it. Can't hurt to ask!! :wizard: :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter