Emm ?

Thanks! I was debating if I should do this or not. I just went ahead and booked an 8:05am breakfast at BOG instead. So for the week I'm going I'll be eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner at BOG. I figure if I'm going to eat breakfast at a park, it won't be for $74.

Just a note: The breakfast food brought into Pinocchio Village Haus comes from BOG.

Is BOG breakfast buffet? Doesn't look like it from the menus: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/be-our-guest-restaurant/menus/

So by my calculation,
  • one entree + coffee at BOG is $27
  • EMM is $69 for an adult; breakfast is FROM BOG, is all you can eat, and is more varied than just picking one entree (below); PLUS MULTIPLE rides on 3 attractions in Fantasyland; that's all worth the additional $42 to me

"Plus, in addition to rising with the sun for some early-morning fun, you can also get your fill of a fantastic breakfast at Pinocchio Village Haus—featuring such scrumptious breakfast fare as:
  • Chilled juices, coffee and teas
  • Seasonal fruit and berries
  • Freshly baked pastries
  • Cheese and cured meats
  • Scrambled eggs with assorted toppings
  • Vegetable frittata
  • Smoked bacon
  • Pork and chicken sausages
  • Fried potatoes with caramelized onions
  • French toast
  • Assorted yogurts"
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/early-morning-magic/

Last edited:
Is BOG breakfast buffet? Doesn't look like it from the menus: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/be-our-guest-restaurant/menus/

So by my calculation,
  • one entree + coffee at BOG is $27
  • EMM is $69 for an adult; breakfast is FROM BOG, is all you can eat, and is more varied than just picking one entree (below); PLUS MULTIPLE rides on 3 attractions in Fantasyland; that's all worth the additional $42 to me

"Plus, in addition to rising with the sun for some early-morning fun, you can also get your fill of a fantastic breakfast at Pinocchio Village Haus—featuring such scrumptious breakfast fare as:
  • Chilled juices, coffee and teas
  • Seasonal fruit and berries
  • Freshly baked pastries
  • Cheese and cured meats
  • Scrambled eggs with assorted toppings
  • Vegetable frittata
  • Smoked bacon
  • Pork and chicken sausages
  • Fried potatoes with caramelized onions
  • French toast
  • Assorted yogurts"
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/early-morning-magic/

We've done EMM twice and it ended up being the highlight of our trip.

You can go into the breakfast as many times as you want until 10am too. We ducked in more than once for coffee or to take bottled drinks for after.

Just a note: The breakfast food brought into Pinocchio Village Haus comes from BOG.

Makes sense but surprising, other than meat tray. Have had BOG breakfast a few times and was always much higher quality of food.

Makes sense but surprising, other than meat tray. Have had BOG breakfast a few times and was always much higher quality of food.

I don't think it's all that surprising. Mass-produced buffet food is just different. I thought the MK breakfast food for EMM was very good, actually. And we are strictly TS breakfast kind of people.

Last edited:
I don't think it's all that surprising. Mass-produced buffet food is just different. I though the MK breakfast food for EMM was very good, actually. And we are strictly TS breakfast kind of people.
Same here -- exactly.

I've done EMM twice and plan on going again in September. It's an easier decision for me when I'm solo. I was surprised by the breakfast. The bacon and other hot dishes were of a much higher quality than I was expecting-more like a TS than, say, the food court at Pop.

You're not restricted to one visit. I went in after riding Peter Pan and 7DMT a few times and picked up a pastry and coffee and then back at 9:30 or so (after riding a few things at rope drop) for a full on meal.

I'm willing to rearrange everything to do it this year, but I have a feeling it won't be offered during a holiday week.

I'm willing to rearrange everything to do it this year, but I have a feeling it won't be offered during a holiday week.

Yeah, they have a tendency to not offer it at those times. We go June 28-July 5 and there's none offered for 4th of July week or the week before. I was disappointed :/

I don't think it's all that surprising. Mass-produced buffet food is just different. I thought the MK breakfast food for EMM was very good, actually. And we are strictly TS breakfast kind of people.

I did the DHS one first and the food was excellent. I asked about the French toast and they said you can't get it anywhere, and all the food there was from Disney events. A whole different level.

I did the DHS one first and the food was excellent. I asked about the French toast and they said you can't get it anywhere, and all the food there was from Disney events. A whole different level.

I did both DHS and MK (twice) and felt the food quality was the same at each. We don't eat QS at the parks ever, so I am pretty picky and was hesitant about how the food would be. But it was really good. I've never seen anyone else complain about the food at MK EMM.

Sounds cool from a food perspective! From a rides-available-during-DHS-EMM perspective, it just didn't do it for us. That's why I love the variety of offerings these days -- something for everyone! :love:

Sounds cool from a food perspective! From a rides-available-during-DHS-EMM perspective, it just didn't do it for us. That's why I love the variety of offerings these days -- something for everyone! :love:

Food debate not withstanding, this was just a really nice, laid-back way to spend an early morning at Disney World. We loved both events and would continue to book them at any park.

We also felt the breakfast was terrific. We went in around 8:45am to get a pastry and juice, then had breakfast an hour later. We also felt it was laid-back and enjoyable (so much space around us was pretty cool). I'd also like to do DAH but they don't seem to offer it when we are there in August. I would pay for that event too.

Yeah, they have a tendency to not offer it at those times. We go June 28-July 5 and there's none offered for 4th of July week or the week before. I was disappointed :/

It's not being offered the Tuesday we'll be there either. We arrive July 23 and leave on the 28th. Next summer I think we'll try to have both a Sunday and Tuesday built into our trip so that we don't miss a chance to experience EMM. We're sad we won't get to do it this year.

We have reservations for EMM this August (first time doing it). We were planning on riding the three rides a couple of times each, grabbing breakfast at 8:45, then continue counterclockwise to Small World, Haunted, Splash (10AM FP), Thunder, etc. Does that sound like a decent plan with the goal being to minimize wait times?

We have reservations for EMM this August (first time doing it). We were planning on riding the three rides a couple of times each, grabbing breakfast at 8:45, then continue counterclockwise to Small World, Haunted, Splash (10AM FP), Thunder, etc. Does that sound like a decent plan with the goal being to minimize wait times?

I'd recommend using the 8:45-9:40 hour to ride as much as you can without waits. Then have breakfast. They keep it out until 10 and you can walk in as late as 9:55 and still eat.

Then FP things afterwards...

Last edited:

I'd at least ride something at rope drop before getting breakfast. We rode small world without a wait at 9 before eating.

I'm trying to remember but I'm pretty sure I was able to ride Haunted Mansion and Small World before breakfast and I ate earlier than 10:00, probably closer to 9:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!