End of the Disneyland Show??

I'm not surprised by this change. The Disneyland show felt like it was floundering the past year or so. No real pizazz unless the WDW crew was there. I really did appreciate the level of expertise and passion that the original cast brought....but even that was feeling very "old" and not fresh. Having Morgan join the WDW crew is a great idea. She's got that energy and youthful perspective that is sorely needed.

Whatever business decisions were made, the outcome will be fine in the long run, or it won't and there will be more changes.

I'm a west coaster, so any Disneyland coverage is fun. I hope the WDW team still goes out there and does occasional pieces.

Thanks to everyone for all of the kind words you had for our original show and the DL show that picked up our torch to take it further. My girls were 6 and 4 when we started the show and are 14.5 and almost 13 now. Yes - that little girl from the most watched DIS video is in high school now - and maybe thinking of a career in make-up artistry! We've gone through many changes with the DIS and life has taken all of us back and forth with the DIS, like waves to the beach. The timing of the OG show's transition was actually a blessing for me to shift some additional focus on personal and family things, while still maintaining alternative aspects, like DIS livestreams on Facebook.

Mary Jo and I will still be popping up with livestreams on the DIS Facebook page and I'll pop up occasionally on DVC Fan, so we aren't gone by any means. Thanks for welcoming us into your homes and keeping us in your hearts!

Nancy Johnson

PS: I'm glad y'all love Morgan. MJ and I adore her as if she was one of our own kiddos! She has an amazing way of playing with her love of Disney - from her amazing cosplays to her creative ways of looking at the parks. Keep showing her your love and support, just as you encouraged all of us!

Last edited:
I really enjoyed listening to the show every week. I thought the team had good chemistry and the conversation was often funny. I haven’t been to DL, but watching the vlogs made me want to plan a trip to DL. Thank you for your hard work and I hope a replacement show is in the works.

With the old Disneyland podcast, the excitement and enthusiasm of Tom, Mary Jo, Nancy, Michael, et al was contagious and palpable! I really enjoyed listening when I could. But unfortunately with my schedule, it was difficult to find time to listen to an episode (which usually only happened during my commute home).

I will always appreciate the fact that the Disneyland podcast was there. Being in California, I stumbled upon the Disneyland podcast first before discovering there was a whole other team in Orlando, which really inspired my wife and I to actually visit Disney World for the first time.

Performing audio broadcasts, whether it's radio, podcasts, or your local PA announcer, is so much harder than it looks. Hats off to @WebmasterMaryJo, @YellowMickeyPonchos, Tom (@ImTooExcitedToSleep ), Michael (@Merry Mousketeer), and the rest for making it look so effortless!

I guess P Dub has his reasons...they're "too overloaded" was the strange reason they gave. Relevancy is key. Placing shows on a weekly schedule seems a little old school in today's world. I don't see why shows seem to be every week. The content begins to get a little yawnish. Keeping the DVC Show weekly seems to pander to one of their largest advertisers but really what more can be said about owning a timeshare that hasn't already been said?

I guess DW is the money spinner for everyone. I for one think it's far harder from the UK to get to Anaheim than it is to walk into any travel agent here and ask to get to 'Disney', many people in UK dont even know about Cali. It's Florida or Paris and they are both called Disneyland. Cue biting of tongues. Just my limited 10 years (not sarcastic I know by comparison I have less booking experience than many and I'm sure I've missed things) experience in UK there is so much marketing for fl and Paris. I want to hear about cali! I would like to go there on a package. But it's not as accessible as DW right now.

While I'm sad as well that the Disneyland show is now gone, I can understand the difficulties of getting the DL crew on the show. We need to remember that there is a 3 hour time difference between the coasts so that made it hard for Tom, Mary Jo, Nancy and the others to get on Skype and take part. It's really filming at a time the West Coast was off work and could get on Skype but be a late night for the WDW group. Or film at a decent hour for the WDW group even though it meant the DL group would still be at work. Or else have the recording done on the weekend but then that would cut into what little time off the everyone had. It's a hard catch-22 no matter what why one looks at it.

That being said, I would love seeing the WDW podcast include any Disneyland news and maybe more Disneyland content on the Dreams Unlimited podcast or the Dis channel on youtube. And it could very well be that Pete and crew are working on more behind the scenes that we as fans don't know about.

I understand the realities of production and will never begrudge the decision to trim where it needs to happen. I am sad, though, I've lost Dis Pop, the Daily Fix and now the Disneyland show in the last few years. Even though we've never met in real life (aside from Michael), everyone on these shows is a friend and family member to me. We've shared good times and bad times, laughs and tears. I really appreciate all the work.

There was a really big push for Disneyland when the relaunch of the show happened and I guess the ROI wasn't enough to continue moving forward. I'm guessing we won't be seeing much from Disneyland from The Dis moving forward sadly.

The OG podcast crew made me fall in love with Disneyland before I ever stepped foot in the place.

Three of them responded to me personally on Facebook with tips before my first trip. Those tips made all the difference.

I still haven't met any of them, and probably never will, but I consider them friends, even from a distance.

agreed. I loved the audio version, but I just wasn’t drawn for whatever reason to the video. I did enjoy all the vlog content

I was a fan of both versions of the show. I am sad to see it go especially as I work towards planning my first Disneyland trip. I do think I preferred the original version though with people based in CA. I love Craig and Ryno but basing a Disneyland show in Orlando just didn't seem to work as well. I do hope Disneyland content continues after this.

sounds like me..
i'm starting to plan our trip to DL next october..
i was looking forward to following the DL podcast for some guidance..

Add me to the list of people bummed about this leaving. Moving the the Magic does not interest me and I don't see how that can be sustained but Disneyland can be. Such a heartbreak, will miss the show and hope we get some sort of DL updates at some point.
Cross-promotion with a realtor. They probably get some referral fees.

I like the idea of a Disneyland show (I'm a DLR AP), but it was never enjoyable or informative for me to listen to a bunch of Orlando locals talk about Disneyland when they only get out there a handful of times per year. I still sort of enjoyed the show when Pete was hosting because I just like Pete as a host, but once he bailed I stopped watching regularly. Tom is great, but it often seemed like Craig and crew didn't give him enough of a presence on the show since he was Skyped in. Morgan was a refreshing addition because she was actually in the parks on a regular basis, but with her in Orlando now, it makes sense why they would end it. For those of you looking for a good DLR podcast, I recommend Mousetalgia.

Very disappointed to learn that the Disneyland show has come to an end. I really enjoyed listening to the original audio-only podcast, which played a big part in inspiring my love and appreciation of DL. I was disappointed in the first version of the video reboot, but I thought that more recently, the Craig-Ryno-Tom-Morgan format was really starting to hit its groove.

I hope that the Dis continues to cover Disneyland in one way or another. Thanks to Tom, Mary Jo, Nancy, Michael, Tony, Morgan, Craig, Ryno, and the rest of the Disneyland team for your work over the years to bring this podcast to us!

After thinking about the show cancellation, I get it. I do feel DL is a far superior park than MK. Better weather, better rides, better location...it just all adds up. Having California Adventure and Downtown Disney within walking distance, make DL a massive place to visit for a great 4 or 5 night vacation.

WDW in its entirety is Mecca, I get that. You can't get it all in a week unless you simply check-off the greatest hits. Frankly, I don't see how the Dis folks cover all of WDW...Infact, there's so much more for them to do concerning all that's around WDW. For P Dub to hire actual staff that can be IN ANAHEIM versus having enough staff to simply cover WDW, I totally get the need to concentrate their efforts. A twice a year DL show would be nice to keep us DL faithful intrigued. Or, it would be nice for the DL Faithful to have a place to post their VLOG efforts under the Dis banner.

I know there are enormous costs Involved both financially and schedule wise, but honestly, how can you not devote some of your resources to a Disneyland show? Is there really more fan interest in DVC, and central Florida real estate? Sadly, the Dis appears to be headed in a decidedly more commercial direction, which is their right. Perhaps this will open the door for the original DL team to put together their own show....or does Pete have them sign non-competes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter