Entertainment Rate at resorts

weathernlu

Drew Brees for president!
Hey guys, I'm a newbie. Don't hold it against me! :)

I am getting my Entertainment 2004 book next week when my niece sells them for school. Gotta help the niece! Anyway, do I have to wait to make ressies using the card until I get it, and where do I call to make them. Do I just mention the card and then show it at check-in or do Ihave to have the card in front of me when I call?

Also, does the Entertainment card get you any discounts on tickets?

Thanks so much!

Hi, welcome to DIS!! :D

You can go ahead and make your Entertainment reservations without having the book. That is what I did for my November reservations since I would have needed a 2004 book and they hadn't come out yet at that time. I'm told you will need to show the card at check-in, but from what I've read, they don't always. I would have it just to be safe!

Sorry, I don't know of any discount ticket deals with the Entertainment book but someone else might. I've only heard of discounts with AAA and Fan Club.

Hope that helps!

Thanks, it helps tremendously. One thing though, where do I call to make those ressies?

Thanks so much!

I just called and make reservations. Someone please tell me I got a decent deal.

October 27-30 (3 nights)

Portifino Bay Hotel -- Deluxe Room

$180 per night plus tax

Did I get about the norm?

Sounds like a good deal to me! The PBH is supposed to be very nice (and usually the most $$), so $180 for a deluxe room should be the best going rate. I take it that is for this year? The Entertainment rates go fast so you're probably fortunate they still had some rooms left!

When the search function is up, do a search for the Portifino's deluxe rooms and I'm sure you'll find some posts about them.

You are the best nicole, thanks! Yes, it is for this year, here are the rates I got if anyone is interested.

Portifino Bay

Deluxe -- $180
Bayview -- $170
Garden -- $155

Hard Rock

Deluxe -- $160
Pool -- $135
Garden -- $125

What is the difference between the deluxe rooms at the Hard Rock and the PBH? I am 26, my wife is and we are going with her sisters who are 23 and 20. I am thinking the Hard Rock now might be more fun for us and my 2 year old daughter. Can anyone recommend to me which hotel would be more suitable for us?

Portofino is the best, It is on-par or better than Disney's Grand Floridian. Bathroom is the size of All-Stars at Disney room. Beds are the best, need a step stool to get in. Best sleep I ever had was at the Portofino. Very expensive to eat there, I think I paid $12.00 for a tuna sandwich. Parks and Citywalk are very close where less expensive meals can be gotten. Never Stayed at Hard Rock, So can't compare. Hard Rock is supposed to be more fun.

Sounds good. I called back the ressie line to give my Loews Hotel card number since you seem to get a couple of perks and I asked the rep what she thought. She said since you can hop to each resort and use the pools and amenities at all three resorts regardless of the one you are staying at, that you might as well have the nicest room.

I liked that assessment and I agree.

Welcome Weathernlu!

Suggest you checKout DISboard Budget, where I and others are
discussing possible changes and deletions with Entertainment.

Before making or arriving at the resort sign-up with Loews rewards card .
When you make your reservation request a room atleast on the 4th floor, the view from a garden view room would be above the palm trees.

ENJOY!!!

'THE MAGIC HAPPENS!!!"
:jester: :jester: :jester:

I heard that you do not get Loews First perks if you book the entertainment rate. I am about to book PBH for Dec and really would like those perks as we are Plat Loews. I would love a free upgrade to a suite.

Muffy, not sure, I just signed up. I do know that they booked my ressie with the entertainment discount and then added my new Loews First card number to it and said they would make sure I got my perks. Therefore, either they screwed up and didn't realize that rule or it's not a rule! :)

I can give them a call and find out if no one else knows for sure.

Muffy, just a suggestion, look into the Fan Club rate. We dont do ER's anymore cause I want the suite when its available too! I have been upgraded (loews Plat) to a Suite using the fan club card and was told specifically at both RPR and PBH I could not get the upgrade using the EC. Also you can now request and book your suite upgrade at time of reservation if you are Platnium. Good Luck to you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter