Epcot - best attractions for a 5&3 yr old

rhazz

Earning My Ears
Would like to see Epcot with 5&3 yr old. What are the must/must not sees? How about best lunch for that age group?
Thanks

When my boys were that age, the things that they enjoyed at EPCOT included: Food Rocks, Tha Land boat ride, Cranium Command, the fountains, making masks in World Showcase and all of the live Street Performers.

They also enjoyed the Original Journey into Imagination and the Image Works exhibits, but I cannot vouch for the newest incarnation.

I also highly recommend lunch at The Garden Grill in the Land Pavillion. Good food and GREAT character interaction.

My kids have always enjoyed the Living Seas. There are also several things at Innoventions that cater to the younger kids. That is always fun, especially if it is raining. You can spend a lot of time in there.

For our 4 yo these are the Epcot highlights:

Living Seas - we spend forever here. Our 4 yo loves the manatees and the fish. Our 1 yo loves to ride the escalator :crazy:.
Land - Food Rocks is fun, haven't done boat ride with the 4 yo yet (might be boring?).
Maelstrom - or the boat ride with the mischief guys (as our 4 yo calls the trolls).
Rio del Tiempo - or the volcano ride as our 4 yo calls it (beacuse of the 'volcano' in the background of the Mexico pavillion).
Illuminations
Tapestry of Dream Parade (ends at the end of Feb?)
The model trains next to Germany.
Kidcot Stations and those @#$% masks. I really hate those masks (and the time it takes to make them) but our DD likes making them.

Other things that weren't hits.........

O' Canada movie - 4 yo had enough about 3/4 of the way through.
American Adventure - great show, but kids get bored.......but sometime fall asleep ;) (although sometimes I even find myself nodding of on a long, hot day :().

Other things we will do next trip...........

Journey Into Your Imagination - now that it is back to Figment (was closed for rehab on our last trip).
Test Track - might try this one out on our DD - she will be 4.5 on our next trip and is somewhat adventurous.
Cranium Command - a lot of funny action, but a 4 yo might not 'get it'.

Don't forget to let the kids play in the shooting fountains right before you enter the World Showcase. My niece loved them and we could hardly talk her into coming out and drying off so we could go to dinner.

tinkl.gif

The Living Seas, Journey To Your Imagination with Figment (this one is HUGE with that age group, and the line is never long), Spaceship Earth, Rio Del Tiempo, Maelstrom, Living with the Land boatride, Circle Of Life, Food Rocks, Cranium Command, the Kidcot stations, Illuminations, Tapestry of Dreams, the Living Statues in Italy, the model trains outside of Germany, the talking water fountains, the fountains in which they can play... there are some outside of Innovations on the Test Track side, and others between Future World, and World Showcase, Ice STation Cool, and Image Works.

The 5 year old might enjoy Universe of Energy and Test Track, as well as Honey, I Shrunk the Audience (this is 4 -D and can be somewhat scary at times).

Things they likely will not like:
Body Wars, The Making of Me (you will have to answer questions that you may not be ready to tackle, if you go to this one), Impressions de France, American Adventure show, and Wonders of China,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter