Epcot Construction Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could be a test. From what’s been said it’s supposed to be lap bars but obviously things can change.
That’s why I asked because I thought they said no inversions but when I saw half the train wearing the restraints I was like “wait?” Now if only I can find out the answer as to why only half the test car has restraints...

That’s why I asked because I thought they said no inversions but when I saw half the train wearing the restraints I was like “wait?” Now if only I can find out the answer as to why only half the test car has restraints...
Could be to test different types of restraints.

Nothing here that is any different than what is already well-reported on this thread and various blogs, but some quick pics from around Epcot this weekend FWIW....

View of GoG from the monorail just before it arrives at the Epcot station. I was at WDW a few months ago when it was a big steel behemoth and was honestly a bit worried at the size/scale of this thing - it’s just SO visible from all sorts of places all over the park. But I must say, with most of the walls up it does blend in a heck of a lot better than I thought it would. The blue really ‘minimizes’ the scale, if that makes sense.
IMG_2658.jpeg

A little closer to the station and zoomed in - that one piece of track visible. I pointed it out to DW and she was like “So?”..... :-)
IMG_2666.jpeg

My bigger ‘fear’ if you want to call it that was how big the structure would look from World Showcase, but even that’s starting to look pretty normal now too. Well hidden by Norway here, but the blue walls you can see blend in well.
IMG_2443.jpeg

A dusk view. The blue compliments changing sky colors very well.
IMG_2449.jpeg

It’s pretty much the same color blue building as one of the Soarin’ theaters that you can see to the left just over England.
IMG_2698.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!