EPCOT Festival of the Arts-reviews

No real suggestions or tips, but we enjoyed it! It was like a mini F&G with no crowds. Some interesting photo ops that were fun with my kiddo.

If you have kids, you can buy an interactive map and look for things around World Showcase (for the life of me I can’t remember the theme or what we were looking for) and turn it in at the gift shop for some little prize (can’t remember what it was either!). Kept DS entertained enough that I could enjoy some of the food/beverages.

There really wasn’t a ton going on, which was fine with me. Just a bit of something different to enhance the experience.

Kiosk-wise, what are we looking at? Like, under F&W but more than Holiday kiosks? Or what?

Kiosk-wise, what are we looking at? Like, under F&W but more than Holiday kiosks? Or what?

I think there were about ten kiosks last year (give or take one or two). The food took a longer time to make oftentimes because they were more artistic to look at than normal F&W or F&G meals. Despite looking pretty, we found the food to be less successful than either of the major festivals, though. However, it was the first year so perhaps things will get better this go-around. It's certainly a much smaller scale than either of the two major festivals, but it was an enjoyable diversion and the Broadway concert featured some fantastic singing.

(I haven't been to Epcot for Christmas in over a decade, so I realize I didn't answer your question about the Holiday kiosks, but maybe I still gave you a point of reference.)

We only had 1 day there, last weekend of the festival--and as we were taking DH's adult cousins around in their first ever visit...so limited time for the festival part. I wish we'd had more time! We liked the 3D chalk painting in Italy. We did go to the 'free' Disney on Broadway concert which we really enjoyed! (We had Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White.) We also got some food from the kiosks to eat while waiting for Illuminations to start. DH and I liked the meat/cheese palette. DH had some other savory item, but I don't recall what it was. Kids had fun with the 'paint your own' white chocolate jigsaw puzzle...though they really should have just split one as it was a LOT of white chocolate. The pop tart like thing was nasty. The color block cake was so-so, kind of dense. There was a chocolate pyramid like thing that was very yummy. The chocolate easels w/ paintings on them were sealed in plastic bags, so they just came home with us...and I think we still have them! But they look awesome...no idea how they taste! We also did the Figment scavenger hunt...which was a bit stressful for us trying to do in 1 day!

They have increased the number of kiosks for the holidays this year so I have been wondering if they will be increasing the number for the FotA as well. Seems like it would be easier to just change some signs and leave the kiosks in place with only a couple weeks between the two.

I went to the FotA in January and I thought it was the best festival they’ve had at Epcot. I am happy it will be all week next year instead of just the weekends.

We enjoyed it last year. My mom and I took a macrame class, which was fun since she had done macrame back in the 70's when I was a kid! (added cost for the class, but worth it) We also liked participating in a big paint-by-numbers mural that they had, that was just a walk-up with no charge. And the F&W kiosk aspect was nice, a little more understated than Flower & Garden, so it was nice and chill and we liked that.

Going in January, partly because it worked out with our schedules but also because of the FotA event. Looking forward to walking through and seeing what the kiosks have to offer. I'm so glad it is open all week instead of just on weekends, that should keep crowds down a bit.

Last edited:
We'll be there on opening day this year (Jan 12). We've done F&G, but not F&W so kind of looking forward to it.

I was there earlier this year and, frankly, I hope this year is an improvement. Since it was the first year, I'm sure they were cautious about how much or little to do in order to make it enjoyable. To my mind, they undershot and it could have had more art media represented. I have hope that it will evolve.

Since last year was the first Festival of the Arts (FotA) and it was not open every day of the week, I think things might be a bit different this year. Last year, there were booths and various options, but not to really a big "festival" feel.

I do agree with the PP that I hope there is an improvement this year with more representation of the arts. The music was nice and the food was mostly good, but there was so much more that could have been done, especially after having seen F&G and F&W events put on at Epcot.

Last year's festival was put together very quickly, and without a lot of lead time. With a whole year to get the next one ready, one would expect the '18 festival to be quite different, and presumably somewhat more ambitious.
I would not be surprised if there were *fewer* food booths than last year, since there has been more time to get other sorts of offerings prepared. The booths last year may have been a case of "use what we already have".

We'll be there early FEB, and looking forward to experiencing this new event. From looking at the food from last year, the food is more artsy, with food presented in a much higher end fashion. Also seemed to be 20%+ more expensive. Still, we never experienced the Arts event at Downtown Disney, so this should be fun.

When do we expect to see more details released? (My daughter and I are telling ourselves that this festival is our consolation prize given Splash Mountain will be closed.)

What sort of things do they sell? Is it all Disney?

Lots of artist booths with people selling
photos and other artwork- some were disney but many of the booths had nothing to do with Disney.

I attended a free class by one of the Disney photographers on how to shoot fireworks which was quite good.

If someone can tell me how to post photos now that photobucket doesn't work I'll be happy to post some.

Lots of artist booths with people selling
photos and other artwork- some were disney but many of the booths had nothing to do with Disney.

I attended a free class by one of the Disney photographers on how to shoot fireworks which was quite good.

If someone can tell me how to post photos now that photobucket doesn't work I'll be happy to post some.
If you have pictures on Facebook it's as easy as copy paste

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter