Epcot Food & Wine and DxDP

Lauren Giddins

Earning My Ears
How does the Deluxe Dining Plan work during Epcot Food & Wine Festival? Can we only use our snack credits at the booths/vendors (not sure how it’s setup)? Can we use our QS or TS credits? How many credits does each vendor take? Are there any previous threads that go into specifics? Please help! Thank you!

How does the Deluxe Dining Plan work during Epcot Food & Wine Festival? Can we only use our snack credits at the booths/vendors (not sure how it’s setup)? Can we use our QS or TS credits? How many credits does each vendor take? Are there any previous threads that go into specifics? Please help! Thank you!

You can use your TS/QS credit to get THREE snacks at one booth, at one time, in one transaction. It's not the best use of your TS/QS credits, but if you're going to have some leftover, better to use them than lose them.

You can use your TS/QS credit to get THREE snacks at one booth, at one time, in one transaction. It's not the best use of your TS/QS credits, but if you're going to have some leftover, better to use them than lose them.

I agree, if you're going to trade in a QS meal for 3 Food & Wine Booth snacks, you can end up not getting good value for your credit. I'd choose 3 of something that is on the higher end of the spectrum (for example: the $8 filet in Canada, using last year's menu as a guide) and share those amongst my group. Use someone else's QS credit to get 3 more high value choices, maybe 3 Lobster Rolls at the American booth for $8 each. Each QS meal credit is worth about $18. Every time I spend more than that on a QS meal, I feel like I'm getting good value on the DDP.

Snack credits at Food & Wine are usually great value. Spend $5 or more per snack credit, which is really easy at F&W booths.

But on the DELUXE plan, each of those adult credits is worth about $35, so using DELUXE credits for 3 snacks, even at F&W, is a loss unless you have no other use for them.

@crabbygal902 BTW, adult QS credits are now worth about $21.

Right. A credit could be an app, entree, dessert, drink as a TS, a entree,drink as a QS, or 3 snacks. You can do it just know going in.

But on the DELUXE plan, each of those adult credits is worth about $35, so using DELUXE credits for 3 snacks, even at F&W, is a loss unless you have no other use for them.

@crabbygal902 BTW, adult QS credits are now worth about $21.

Point well taken, QSDP meal credits *are* worth about $21 now, I guess I was going off of old info. Thanks, you've saved me some money and value.

Getting your value by trading in a TS meal into 3 F&W snacks is going to be even more challenging but possible--only if you want the absolute most expensive options. I think that you are right, the credit is better spent in most cases at for a CS location, especially with a specialty or alcoholic beverage.

And yes you are right, breaking up a deluxe TS credit for F&W isn't a good way to spend the credit unless value means something different to you. I guess some folks value the convenience, but I want my dollars spent on the DDP to be lower (or at least the same) as what the credits cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts