Epcot lounge?

My DH won't go there, because the one time he was in there, he complained constantly about how cold it was. So for me, it's only for solo trips, or at least solo days.

It was nice, free drinks and lots of places to sit and relax

I am constantly amazed at the praise that place gets. I have gone twice. Both times I had to wait 20-30 minutes for people to leave to be able to go upstairs. Then had to wait in line quite awhile to get a drink. Then had to wait, standing, for people to leave, to grab a seat. Had to hover, like driving around a parking lot at Christmas, waiting for someone to leave so you can park. The furniture is very uncomfortable. People either don't know how to use the drink machines, or just take an incredibly long time and make a sticky mess too.
Apparently other people have polar opposite experiences for all the good things people say.
Also never got the alleged snacks either. :sad2:

I've only been once, during Food and Wine Festival in October 2017. No wait to enter, no wait for anything. I liked that you can get sugarless flavoured sparkling water. It was a nice little break, I would go again if I was in the area, but wouldn't make rearrange anything else to go to it. I thought the park was very busy when I was there, but I guess not. You must have been at a busier time.

I really hope they continue to have it open for DVC members. It's certainly not a must-do, but for days when we just "can't" anymore with the park and need a break, it's perfect. I don't think we go during the super high season so we've never had a problem with getting a drink, snack, or seat, and never had a wait to get in. Cast members are very friendly and helpful if you have questions in our experience!

In the past two months, DVC Lounge has added furniture, reupholstered existing furniture, and has new carpet. It looks fantastic! Now, I hope members and their guests will help keep it a bit more clean and as stain-free as possible so our dues don't go through the roof :)

My DH won't go there, because the one time he was in there, he complained constantly about how cold it was. So for me, it's only for solo trips, or at least solo days.
I think they set it extra cold to combat the impacts of the sun. It defines feels cool when it’s cloudy and raining.

I am constantly amazed at the praise that place gets. I have gone twice. Both times I had to wait 20-30 minutes for people to leave to be able to go upstairs. Then had to wait in line quite awhile to get a drink. Then had to wait, standing, for people to leave, to grab a seat. Had to hover, like driving around a parking lot at Christmas, waiting for someone to leave so you can park. The furniture is very uncomfortable. People either don't know how to use the drink machines, or just take an incredibly long time and make a sticky mess too.
Apparently other people have polar opposite experiences for all the good things people say.
Also never got the alleged snacks either. :sad2:
Sorry you had that experience. We've been twice, and went right up both times, no waiting. First time was February vacation around 11AM on a Thursday while DH helped his cousins pack up their car to leave BWV--kids and I just relaxed in the lounge to wait for him (and wait for our Soarin' fastpass time). The snacks came by twice while we were there (DH got to get a snack the second time they came by). The second time was during Food and Wine Festival to get out of the thunderstorm...but it was 10 minute until closing time--they did let us go up, and we got drinks. 10 minutes was just long enough to have the worst of the storm pass. DH liked taking pics from there.

I have had good experiences, probably 5 times. Had to wait once to get in, not bad. I am happy they have phone charging facilities. I do enjoy the gummy bears and the resting places. I look forward to seeing the “ new “ look.

We really enjoyed it when we went for F&WF. Never had to wait for entrance and didn't experience lines for drinks. We were even able to get seats near outlets so we could grab a quick charge for our phones. Our timing was always off for snacks, though, so we always seemed to miss those. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of it during our next trip too.

Yes, we loved the gummy bears and the Keurig machines since it was freezing when we were there! Hopefully guests will start watching their kids and taking better care of the area because it was fairly nasty. Drinks spilled and trash left - I felt bad for the CMs who were swarmed anytime they brought the snack cart out.

We were there Dec 24th and 28th. No wait, got seating both times, and snack cart came around both times. We loved it. I'm hooked on the Vitamin Water from the machine. So good!!!

How many guests are we allowed to bring up with us?

I think on the Member website it says the member and 5 guests are allowed. Not sure if that is enforced or not. We went two summers ago and got in right away and really enjoyed the respite from the heat and the snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!