Epcot meal?

Katy Belle

DIS Veteran
Hello all!
I booked my ADRs yesterday and now I'm thinking of changing one! We are a family of 5, 3 sons ages 11,9,6. This is our 2nd trip to WDW and we've had one trip to DisneyLand Paris. We are on the Dining Plan.

I have booked 3 character meals, Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace and Garden Grill. I'm considering cancelling Garden Grill. Would you and which other restaurant in Epcot would you choose? We already have an ADR for Le Cellier. I'm considering San Angel Inn, or Coral Reef. With the Dining Plan I think it would be fun to try the different appetisers and desserts. It has been so hard to make the decisions! Thanks for your help.
Katy :sunny:

We don't eat saefood so I can't comment on Coral Reef, but I do remember Garden Grill be enjoyable, the restaurant moves around in a circle showing
different scenes in the background, the character interaction but fun.
We like to restaurant in Mexico also but when we went our ds4 hated it and
gave us a hard time because it was dark and there was the picture of the
volcano that scared him, so if any of your kids are remotely afraid of the
dark you might want to rethink that. Basically I think it is a matter of what
you are looking for characters or a different menu. Good luck and have a
magical trip.

We loved, loved, loved Coral Reef! I have a 12 y/o, 10 y/o and 17 m/o. I highly recommend it!

We love Coral Reef and Les Chefs de France. Coral Reef is better for young kids. You don't have to order seafood--they have great steaks, etc.

I went to the Garden Grill for the 1st time in May and really enjoyed it. It was just me and my DD so I really appreciated that it was preplated instead of a buffet. The dessert platter of brownie, pecan pie, lemon pie, and cheesecake was great. The kids get a decorate your own cupcake with frosting, M&Ms and gummy worm.

I was thinking my DH would enjoy Coral Reef when we all go in Aug because he loves seafood but he doesn't want to eat seafood while looking at fishies. :teeth:

I haven't eaten at San Angel, so I can't help you there.

We ate at Coral Reef on our last trip (May - on the dining plan). I DO like seafood, but for some reason I didn't see anything on the menu I liked, so I got a steak. As mentioned above, it was very good. DW had salmon and it was excellent.

For your boys, though, I think Coral Reef would be an excellent choice. You sit right there and the whole aquarium is right in front of you (or if you happen to be in the first row -- right NEXT to you!). If the food were equal -- or anywhere near equal -- I think Coral Reef's "floor show" would make it an outstanding choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter