Epcot passport question

Trisa

Earning My Ears
I read that you can buy a passport for $10 for a child to take with them the world showcase. What is this and it it fun to do or is it a time waster?

We did this a few years ago when my DD was 2. We had a lot of fun with it. We bought a passport book at one of the shops in Epcot (I don't remember the price and anyway...I'm sure it has gone up! :D ) We took it to the different countries and they would put a stamp in the book and write a message to my DD in their countries language. They then read the message to my DD so she knew what it said. My DD is now 5 and still looks at it!

What a cute idea. It gets children a reason to visit the countries instead of wanting to bypass them. :)

The passports are great! They also have "kid cot" activities at each country ( at least they did in Nov 2002) My girls were wearing their guest of honor name badges so the CMs always wrote a personalized message in there passport. Most of the countries I could understand what they wrote... but Japan, Norway, and Germany forget it. The kids loved it! I am still working on my Nov WDW trip scrapbook and I am trying to decide how I want to display the passport pages. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Another idea to get through Epcot is the pressed pennies. We bought our kids each a pressed penny book and they loved trying to find the machines in each country. It became a game to see who could find the machine. We let them pick out one of the three types of pennies at the machine. The book holds quite a few pennies so they plan to bring it back next trip to get more.

This also worked at the resorts. Anytime we went to a new resort for meals, xmas decorations, etc, the kids would look for a machine.

I used the plastic sleeve that the passport comes in to make a flap on my page - the passport can be removed from the sleeve and looked through, and under the flap I have some journalling.

I will see if I can find the scanned image to show you

Bev

A guest of honor badge looks like a CM badge only it has your child's (or your) name on it. They are red with Mickey and blue with Minnie (I think). My kids had them and several CM's would call them by their name like "have fun on the tea cups Susie" or something like that. My kids liked the little extra attention. Some of the face characters used their names too.

I ordered theirs ahead of time from Gift of a Lifetime but you can buy them in stores at WDW for a little less.

We didn't want to spend $20 for the 2 books. But each Kidcot sight has cardboard masks on sticks available. You decorate it at the first location and get that countries stamp and a silouette representing that country clipped to a hole in the mask.

At each new country you visit you get a signature or in China a stamp representing the year they were born, in japan a headband was affixed to the mask. My girls went to every country and got every stamp etc and we saved $20. No button though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter