Epcot Sketch Swap~Interest Thread

morgansmom2000

DIS Veteran
This is an interest thread for the Epcot Sketch Swap...

Below is a list of "other" topics. We will need at least 22 if we have 11, 24 if we have 12. Please give me ideas and/or thoughts about what I have listed. I'm very open to suggestions.

Depending upon the number of people who are interested in the swap, you will pick ONE country and make 2 2-page layouts for it and then 2 other titles and make 11 sets of a 2-page layout for each of those two. Each 2-page layout should include a title, room for at least two 4x6 photos, an embellishment or two, and a spot to journal (can be a box, shape or paper strips).

You may choose any sketch you wish, as long as it meets the above requirements. You may rotate the sketch however you wish, as long as it meets the above requirements.

The page that has your title should be ALL stuck down (not just the title, but whatever completes your page). For the second page, you will send a page of background paper and whatever else is necessary to replicate the other page of the sketch (photo mats, borders, layers of paper, etc.), NOT GLUED DOWN. This way, however we hold our camera, we can all use the page.

Packaging Instructions

Please pre-sort your pages. You will put all three 2-page layouts/kits (6 pages) into one bag for each participant. You will send eleven 2 1/2-gallon baggies with 6 pages in each. Please label like this:

MorgansMom2000
Jennifer (Last Name)
Bag #1 (Number your bags 1-11, so I can send all of one number to each person)
(You will then list your four rides/lands/attractions)
For example:
American Adventure
Entrance
Test Track

Please also include a copy of the sketch you used. (You may put all four on one page, they needn't be full page copies). Please include all measurements clearly marked, include which sketch is for each layout, and if possible, a list of supplies for each layout.

Lands/Rides/Etc., each person gets 2
  1. Future World East and West
  2. Universe of Energy
  3. Spaceship Earth
  4. Mission Space
  5. Test Track
  6. Character Spot
  7. Innoventions East and West?
  8. Imagination
  9. Journey into Imagination with Figment
  10. Captain EO
  11. The Land
  12. Circle of Life
  13. Living with the Land Boat Ride
  14. Soarin'
  15. The Seas
  16. Nemo & Friends
  17. Turtle Talk with Crush
  18. Bruce's Shark World
  19. Outpost
  20. Entrance?
  21. Fountain
  22. Art of animation store
  23. Club Cool
  24. Dining/Snacking
  25. Illuminations
  26. World Showcase Overview
  27. Topiaries?
  28. Mouse Gears?
  29. Hellos Around the World
  30. Agent P's World Showcase Adventure
  31. International Cast Members?

The list of countries as well. If we get 12 people, we can move Outpost to this section.

Countries - Each person gets 1
  1. Mexico
  2. Norway
  3. China
  4. Germany
  5. Italy
  6. American Adventure
  7. Japan
  8. Morocco
  9. France
  10. United Kingdom
  11. Canada

Holidays Group - Each person gets 2:
  1. Mexico
  2. Norway
  3. China
  4. Germany
  5. Italy
  6. American Adventure
  7. Japan
  8. Morocco
  9. France
  10. United Kingdom
  11. Canada
  12. Generic Epcot Holidays
  13. Generic Epcot Holidays
  14. Generic Epcot Holidays

Signups will be May 11th, 8:30 am (eastern). I'll ask each person to list their top 2 choices for country and 3 choices for "others." Pages will be due August 15th.

Please give me your thoughts and an idea of whether you'd like to join. I won't hold you to it ;) :p

I am in. If we end up with 2-2 page layouts for each country I would like to see the last 6 topics removed as I would include those pictures with the countries.

I agree, Cassey :)

Possible Players:

1. morgansmom2000
  2. JJ&JHsMom
  3. tyniknate
  4. PN96
  5. 3pletprincesses
  6. panda8899
  7. JLD
  8. BAMB
  9. Urbkols
  10. AWM

I'm in and I agree with Cassey about the last 6 topics being removed and technically you could also remove the sounds around the world.. I was thinking about that one being the bands you see.. We always stop and get photos of the entertainment in the countries!

But I am in and have my alarm set already... now to pick my topics and have them ready to go too!!!

No problem.. I need to be up because I think we have games by noon next Saturday... so it's just as easy to get it done... and you need to be up early to get recital tickets! ;)

I think Buffy is planning on this one too...

With my upcoming surgery and not knowing about recovery time, etc. I'll be sitting this one out :(

No problem.. I need to be up because I think we have games by noon next Saturday... so it's just as easy to get it done... and you need to be up early to get recital tickets! ;)

I think Buffy is planning on this one too...

I know Buffy had mentioned something about a swap with 2-pagers for the countries, so I hope she's in :)

I'm in if you still want me around LOL

Always!

With my upcoming surgery and not knowing about recovery time, etc. I'll be sitting this one out :(

:( We'll miss you!

I'm in. We go to Epcot quite a bit so I am sure I can easily use these pages.

Amanda

:yay::yay:

I am definitely in!! I need 2 page layouts for the countries.

Now to come up with some ideas.

May 11 is hard for me because it's prom day!!
If I'm not here, I will give Nan my list just in case.

Jen, I'm sitting this out too! already have 2 -2 pg LO for each country all the storytellers/holiday pieces, plus a bunch of kits, etc.

do think I'll be in for the DHS one though, don't have a lot for that one :thumbsup2

Jennifer,

I'm so excited for this swap... that I'm willing to do a 2nd country to get us to the 11 and only want one set in return.. so I'd do 2 countries and 2 other spots! :)

If this is an option that gives us 10 country spots filled... is Vgrandy going to participate??? I'm sure she has lots of photos to scrap just coming back from their vacation! :)

I already have been scouring my sketches and pinterest for new sketches.. I have found one sketch I dearly LOVE!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!