Epcot SO Busy! - Jan 25, 2020

We were at WDW from 12/30 -1/7 and we expected the crowd over NYE but everyone said it would slow down by 1/2..uhh NOPE it was just as busy if not busier. We have been to WDW every year since 2010 and different times during the year but every year it gets more crowded which I don’t quite understand because every year it gets more expensive. I don’t think you can go by school calendars or crowd calendars or anything anymore because it seems like there are large groups from all over the world there at different times,

From reading all these comments, it seems like it was a "perfect storm" of events all at once. There is the festival and a Saturday at Epcot. I'm sure a lot of locals arrive just for that on weekends. Then concerts. The ProBowl and Superbowl coming up too. Sounds like there were tour groups too. And of course, add into the mix SW at HS. It makes sense that while waiting for their boarding groups, people just hopped on the skyliner and went to Epcot or to the other parks to make them busier. Wow, it sounded miserable to me! The crowds will probably the downfall for us going to Disney if this keeps up all the time!!!

The crowds will probably the downfall for us going to Disney if this keeps up all the time!!!

It doesn't look like there is any way there will be a decrease in crowds for the foreseeable future with Pandora and SWGE still in huge demand plus the "new" Furture World,Ratatouille,Tron,M&M Runaway Railway,GOTG all on the horizon.

And if the rumored Brazil Pavilion gets built,World Showcase will need Boarding Groups in January and July!lol :)

Last edited:
We also were at DW's 4 parks during this time (got home about 2 hours ago) and thought several days were insanely crowded this time of year. We have gone many times the end of January for our anniversary and this trip was a pain in the neck at times because of the crowds at the parks. We expected it at HS and even MK but definitely not at EP and AK except near Pandora. Yikes. The day of the 25th where the OP mentioned
We where at Epcot today, Sat, Jan. 25, and the place was OVERRUN with guests!
You never know whether to believe the things that you hear from random CM's, but we heard one CM say that today was an Epcot attendance record for this date.

We booked a Lyft back to our resort (I didn't want to try the buses with so many guests there) and the driver said that he'd never seen the Epcot parking lots so full.

Virtually all FPs were booked and nearly impossible to "change."

Wow, it's a busy, busy, BUSY late January at WDW!
TOTALLY agree with you. Added my comments in a post. I think I totally screwed up my comments (I should be unpacking since getting home from Disney 2 hours ago instead of typing this...) I'm probably duplicating what I said and please forgive me but this time of year was the worse ever...and we go every year at this time. Epcot Arts Festival was never a big deal compared to the rest but this year....wow..... The Security line was insane and a shock for a BCV owner like us. The Skyliner was backed up also. I expected HS to be insane because of Star Wars but not the rest of the parks.

Boy, I'm going to rethink the last week of January from now on. What a shame. It's really getting to be VERY annoying. Too crowded to be enjoyable now.

Is there anyone who was there last weekend and is still there this weekend who could compare the crowds? I chose last weekend this year b/c ESPN showed a cheer competition this weekend, but if crowds are lower, might choose this weekend for next year. Haha actually, we went this weekend last year and were the only people singing karaoke at Kimonos bc everyone else was watching the Super Bowl!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter