Epcot to Cape May Cafe Question!

robandpam

Earning My Ears
I was wondering about the time it would take to walk from Epcot to the Cape May Cafe for the Clambake Buffet. We have never been through the International Gateway to the Boardwalk and Beach Club Resorts (I understand they are on opposite sides of the lake) and would like to see both. And by the way would I be able to use the Gateway (we are staying at Riverside)? And finally, would the Buffet be worth the walk? Okay one more...can you cross the lake by boat and if so is there a fee? Thanks!!

The International Gateway is on the same side as the Beach Club. There are two bridges (one before and one after the Beach Club) you can take to get over to the Boardwalk.

It takes about 20 to 25 minutes to walk the Beach Club from the Gateway. There are boats which will save you energy (especially if it's a hot day) which go to both docks for the resorts.

10-15 minutes from IG to Cape May, the IG is like any other gate in that you will need a ticket to get back through but anyone can use the gate. Beach Club and Boardwalk are across a lake from one another and a boat does hit each resort, no fee, but there are walkways around the entire lake and it is an easy walk. You could also rent a multiperson bicycle and go around trying to run people over like everyone else. Alot of people like Cape May, especially if you like clams and mussels, i would rate those above average and the rest on par with buffets.

We walk over to Cape May from the International Gateway on each trip. It's not a bad walk at all - probably no more than 10 minutes (definitely not a 25 minute walk.)

This is one of our favorite restaurants - never had a bad meal here. We'll be bringing my parents with us to try it for their first time this weekend. There's also plenty of great food for those like me that don't enjoy the seafood. :D

The boat to the Boardwalk is pretty time-consuming, but OK if you'd like to relax. When standing outside the Beach Club, you can see the Boardwalk across the way. We frequently walk over to stroll the shops after the dinner at Cape May - it's a great way to walk off dinner & probably isn't farther than a 5 minute walk. :D

Yes,about a 10 min. walk from IG to Beach club. Cape May Cafe is in Beach Club.Boats take much longer.

Another vote for ten minutes tops from the International Gateway to the Beach Club. We love staying in that area and have had dinner twice at the Cape May Clam Bake. Very good food with a nice mixture of seafood and non-seafood so everyone is happy.
As others have noted, it is much faster to walk to the Beach Club rather than take the Friendship boats. The boats are a nice relaxing ride, but kind of slow with stops at the Boardwalk, Beach/Yacht Clubs and Swan/Dolphin before proceeding to the Studios. Then it returns to Epcot again stopping at these resorts.
You can walk from the Beach/Yacht/Boardwalk area to the Studios. From the International Gateway that will take you probably 25 minutes. A long walk but very nice it it's not hot.

We have made the walk at a brisk pace in little over 5 minutes. A leisurely stroll will take about 10. If you really take your time and look at the sights on the way, then 15 minutes, TOPS!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter