Epcot world show case entrance- crowded now?

AGP

Mouseketeer
I am a BCV owner and have enjoyed the ease of walking to Epcot and entering through a very short (or sometimes non- existent) line. Can anyone tell me if the new gondola stop there has made that back entrance much more crowded? We are going in a few weeks and I am wondering what to expect...

There are more people entering, but the entrance has also been expanded. Besides rope drop, I wouldn’t expect long lines. They were way shorter then the main entrance when we went through.

Last edited:
A couple months ago the lines were atrocious. It took 15-20 minutes to get through bag check in the heat (at low times) but I heard they recently modified the entrance and made it faster to get through. I would expect it might take a little bit longer than usual.

Reactions: AGP
A couple months ago the lines were atrocious. It took 15-20 minutes to get through bag check in the heat (at low times) but I heard they recently modified the entrance and made it faster to get through. I would expect it might take a little bit longer than usual.
I never have a bag, but my DW and DD do. We have seen it where you can have one bag checker take 2 to 4 times as long to check bags. Their line does not move. There are others who are quick. You just never know which line your in till it’s too late.

It's not as awful as I feared and definitely still better than the main entrance of any park … but I do miss the "good old days" (fellow BCV owner). As others have said, they have expanded the entrance with more lanes for both security and the ticket tapstile entries. BUT they are not always staffed (even at rope drop). The skyliner provides an almost continuous flow of people now in addition to those walking in and then of course the boats still drop off large groups at a time. On my last few visits I'd say it's 10-15 min on average to get in. I have yet to have the experience of just walking right up and through that I had from time to time in the past.

We were there last week, just got home yesterday and it was certainly more crowded then before the Skyliner. Not horrible since we go through the no bag line but there was a wait a time or two, we didn't go through during rope drop. The parks themselves were mad crowded last week so I'm not sure if it would be that way during a less crowded time. (and why weren't those kids in school?)

It was super crowded in November (bag check lines, not tapstiles). Also, the exit (which was still under construction and narrowed down to a double-file line) was super claustrophobically cattle-chute like on the exit after fireworks. Hopefully, that gets better.

We find it’s crowded no matter when we go. We avoid rope drop. Also leave well before park close although we did stay in MK to see fireworks, but we picked a strategic spot up watch so we could be a little ahead of the crowd. We walked quickly to the Coronado springs bus slot (way down the line). Missed the first bus but there was a second already waiting to pull in. Better experience than at Epcot in December when we left fairly early and waited in the rain forever.

It was super crowded in November (bag check lines, not tapstiles). Also, the exit (which was still under construction and narrowed down to a double-file line) was super claustrophobically cattle-chute like on the exit after fireworks. Hopefully, that gets better.

The exit is wider now so it's not shoulder-to-shoulder like it was but it is still crowded post-fireworks. We used to always smile to ourselves when turning left over the bridge from France to exit and the masses went the other way. We're still smiling but with a LOT more people. It thins out significantly after the Skyliner entrance.

Maybe we were just really lucky with timing, but we never experienced much of a wait in mid-December walking over multiple times from BWV. We also didn’t experience much of a wait for the Skyliner either. Although since we’re west coasters with young kids, we don’t get up super early and never tried to make rope drop.

Currently at WDW, arrived 1/19 and IG has been very crowded more times than not. Also you now have to go through security to get to guest services, didn't have to do that last year or in years past. I needed to purchase a new TIW card, had to wait in long line just to get to guest services. Not a positive change for the consumer.

The parks have all been very crowded, it seems that Jan isn't a great time to visit anymore if looking for less crowded parks. Based on what cast member told us at check-in they are pretty much always busy. With the new resorts that will be coming on board I think Disney does need to think about a 5th gate. Of course that would probably take 10 years to complete.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter