Escape to Concierge

Time to wind down this baby so I can move on the next cruise report where we actually “did stuff” other than eat and drink. popcorn:: :drinking1

First though a few photos that were hiding on Rob’s phone and my final thoughts of cruising Concierge.

More Stitch photos from our "private" meet.

4 IMG_1119.jpeg

5 IMG_1120.jpeg

Rob's entree and desserts from Palo.

Artichoke Ravioli. He said it was good. I bet my Chicken Parmesan was better. :thumbsup2

3 .jpeg

Like I said, we are not "sweet" people.

2 IMG_0018.jpeg

Rob's dessert from the Royal Palace.
1 IMG_1126.jpeg

Final thoughts and teaser photos of our Spring Break cruise.

Would we travel Concierge again? Oh yea, in a heartbeat, someday but not in the near future! Traveling in Concierge is not necessary for having a great trip and it is very expensive. Think of all you could spend with the money you save by having a regular stateroom. And while we enjoy a verandah, I think we would also be happy with an inside room. My advice for newbies, don’t travel in Concierge since it is such a joy to be on a Disney cruise and it gives you something to look forward to doing “next time”.

First teaser.

IMG_7474.jpg

This was our first cruise on one of the “larger” ships and I was thoroughly impressed with the Dream and the cast members. Everything was great, food, stateroom, ship... This past March we were on the Fantasy and we were not impressed with most of the cast members, the food, etc. BUT, there were also a lot of cost cutting going on with amenities, etc. so maybe that was affecting the Disney magic we have always experienced. It will be interesting to hear other folks' take on these issues as they spread across ships.

Second teaser.

20190304_027Iguana.jpg

For years, decades, I have had an old flip phone that would not take photos so I broke down and bought a mini-pad for reading and photo-taking. It works great for reading but I realized after our last cruise (March) that it is not the best camera, especially in low lighting. We had been discussing signing up for a cell-phone family plan since there are three of us but I had resisted giving up my $16.90 a month phone plan. Finally, the time was right and we moseyed down to Crickett to sign up for a three person plan. To be on their plan though I had to buy a new phone and I chose one based on its ability to take good photos. I do not like talking on a phone and rarely call anyone but being able to snap a photo and having it come out decent, that is important to me. I spent way too much money on a phone just so I can take photos. :faint:

Third teaser. I bet these chickens cannot not read. :rotfl2:

IMG_6096.jpg

Fourth teaser.

20190306_021Mountains.jpg

Now, a bit of advice, writing trip reports makes you want to sign up for another cruise so be aware. Actually, when I shampoo my hair with left over cruise shampoo it makes me want to sign up for another cruise. I guess that will not be a problem in the future though since DCL is installing “big” dispensers in the staterooms instead of providing the small individual tubes, another cost cutting ploy passed off as Disney being environmentally friendly instead of just padding their pockets. They could provide the individual shampoos in small water-proof cardboard cartons instead of plastic…just saying….

And the final teaser. I will be back soon with another report. Thanks for sharing our trip!

20190302_011Port.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much for sharing. I truly loved your report - now looking forward to your new one. I hope you post the link here!

Last edited:

Thank you so much for posting your trip report! It was lovely to follow along. And it was lovely to get you to know a little better through the report! Looking forward to your next report!

Ok I'm caught up and I agree with your concierge conclusions.

We are plenty pampered with regular sailing and don't need concierge. Looking forward to hearing about your Fantasy cruise!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience sailing concierge! Your trip sounded so relaxing and fun! Loved your pictures and wit!! I'm looking forward to your next report.;)

What a wonderful report! Makes me want to sail concierge but I can never justify the cost. Maybe when I win MegaMillions tonight I treat all my friends to concierge!

Jill in CO

Looking forward to it!!!!

I will start posting next week if all goes according to plan.

Thank you so much for sharing. I truly loved your report - now looking forward to your new one. I hope you post the link here!

Thanks for reading. We are supposed to have a good weather weekend and will be busy in the garden if that is the case but I hope to start the Spring Break report next week. Yes, check here for the link.

I enjoyed reading! I agree about the shampoo dispensers...sad.

I am so environmentally friendly that we use recycled paper grocery bags for our garbage but for some reason the "shared" shampoo dispensers really creeps me out. I hope they find a different solution.

Thank you so much for posting your trip report! It was lovely to follow along. And it was lovely to get you to know a little better through the report! Looking forward to your next report!

:grouphug: There are many of you here on disboards that I feel have been my friends for years, even when I was hiding. Thank you for sharing your past reports and encouraging me on this one.

Ok I'm caught up and I agree with your concierge conclusions.

We are plenty pampered with regular sailing and don't need concierge. Looking forward to hearing about your Fantasy cruise!

Agree completely, concierge was fun but certainly not necessary for a great trip.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience sailing concierge! Your trip sounded so relaxing and fun! Loved your pictures and wit!! I'm looking forward to your next report.;)

Ah, thanks, the biggest problem with writing a report is you want to immediately book another. We actually went off the ship on the next cruise. :goodvibes

What a wonderful report! Makes me want to sail concierge but I can never justify the cost. Maybe when I win MegaMillions tonight I treat all my friends to concierge!

I keep telling Rob we need to start buying lottery tickets but we are both too cheap to gamble on a dollar for a lottery ticket... Concierge was fun and this one was "cheap" in comparison of the others I have priced. I have no idea why unless it was because of hurricane season. :confused3 Ummm, if you are going to treat your friends to concierge, count me in! I am on facebook also. :cool1: Hint, first name Kate and the first three letters of my last name... I hide from my students but not my disboards friends.

Hi, Great report, I loved all of the pictures. I too have a college-aged daughter named Sarah that we also nicknamed Squirrel. We used to say "Sarah-girl" very fast and it just turned into squirrel. :D

Hi, Great report, I loved all of the pictures. I too have a college-aged daughter named Sarah that we also nicknamed Squirrel. We used to say "Sarah-girl" very fast and it just turned into squirrel. :D

I love this. Two squirrels! Do you have a favorite photo of your squirrel you want to share? I love it when folks add to trip reports. Our squirrel is home this summer and working on the seasonal grounds crew of our local parks system. She is the only female and could not start until a couple of weeks after "the guys" since she was still at school. I wish I could have seen "the guys'" faces when this itty-bitty barely 5'3" and just over 100 pounds female walked in to work. She is tough though and is willing to tackle anything.

Really enjoying your trip report. We have only sailed concierge once, and I'm enjoying reliving it through your report.

Really enjoying your trip report. We have only sailed concierge once, and I'm enjoying reliving it through your report.

Thanks! We are both introverts but having the concierge lounge to hang in was a true benefit. We kept bumping into the same folks and eventually struck up conversations. The end result is we are still in contact with some of the other folks that were in the lounge with us.

I have loved reading your report. Thank you so much for writing it. We hope to sail concierge one day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!