ESPN...I have an ADR on a blackout date...WTH???

karensi

My Family and Disney are my two favorite things!
I have a confirmed reservation at ESPN for 3:55pm on Friday, April 19. Now I see that ESPN has posted blackout dates when they will not be accepting any ressies and April 19 to April 21 is part of the blackout dates.
How could I have a ressie with a confirmation number if its listed as a blackout date?

Thanks

I believe ESPN Club accepting reservations is relatively new - they never used to take reservations. I would imagine part of them accepting reservations now is that they reserve the right to impose blackout dates when they expect to be busy, and perhaps your reservation was made before they determined it to be a blackout date. Just a guess on my part.

Did they cancel your reservation? If not, they may still honor it and just not be accepting any new reservations. But you should call the restaurant directly to confirm.

Are you saying it would be best to actually call ESPN or to call WDW DINE?
Thanks
I would call ESPN directly and see if they know what’s going on. I just did a google search and there was a number listed. Hopefully that’s the number for the actual restaurant. I didn’t look for hard though

I would call ESPN directly and try to get a manager on the phone as a regular staff member may not be able to help you. We had a bit of a bad experience with a premium seating reservation we made directly through ESPN for NBA All-Star weekend. The manager tried to correct it as best he could once we arrived, but it was incredibly frustrating. I'm hopeful they will try to help you if you show up with your confirmation number or a print-out of your reservation, but the right hand doesn't seem to know what the left hand is doing at that restaurant.

Thanks all. I'll be able to call tomorrow. I'm a nurse and work nights, they open at noon time so I was asleep by then.
I know I could call in the evening but somehow I just feel better calling in the daytime to speak with a manager. I'll be able to call tomorrow and
will let you know how I make out.

Thanks all. I'll be able to call tomorrow. I'm a nurse and work nights, they open at noon time so I was asleep by then.
I know I could call in the evening but somehow I just feel better calling in the daytime to speak with a manager. I'll be able to call tomorrow and
will let you know how I make out.
Let us know what they say

Anyone know how many days ahead you can make adr at ESPN? I'm at 178 days but the calendar for ESPN only goes as far as 12/31/19...

I would agree, call ESPN directly. Calling WDW Dine is not liekly to give you anyone that can really help this situation.

Hi, I'm the original poster. Just thought I'd let you know that I made out fine.
I had called ESPN twice and left messages. Surprisingly, to me, I did get a call back. Can't remember his name but sounded like a young guy and very nice.
He said I was fine and gave me some explanation of why I was able to get an ADR on a blackout date. Can't remember the explanation but whatever.
We arrived for our ADR and I was really surprised to see that the restaurant was not crowded at all. Lots of empty tables. I think we could have gotten in without an ADR.
Anyway, I never found out why it was called a blackout date. Nothing special going on and less than half the tables occupied.
Just thought I'd let anyone who was interested in this know how it turned out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!