Essential Employees

Youngest is National Guard/student - he's been made active duty in our state, so he's essential
Eldest and my husband & I are all essential, that is if you all want your local WWTP & WTP to stay opperational!
Tip - for the love of all that is holy (not to mention your personal pocketbook if the clog happens on your property), don't flush ANY wipes, even if they say it's okay to on the pkg!

I work in higher ed, but my department is administration, so we're all working from home to support the move to online learning. The current plan is to be at home through April 30th.

My DH is a Director of R&D for a company that manufactures food, so yes, he's an essential employee. He's working from home as much as possible, but he's at the office today and tomorrow, because there are some things that can't be done from home.

I wish the various governments would make a definitive list of what they think is essential so companies don't have to get creative. Read an article the other day about craft stores handing out letters to their employees detailing why they are essential to teachers and parents.

I'm not essential to anyone but my immediate family and that's fine w/ me. Sometimes.

I wish the various governments would make a definitive list of what they think is essential so companies don't have to get creative. Read an article the other day about craft stores handing out letters to their employees detailing why they are essential to teachers and parents.
One category that was just removed from our counties essential businesses are “businesses that supply products that enhance one’s quality of life.” Not even sure what businesses that included but I’m sure it could be pretty much anything.

I'm a Licensed Mental Health Counselor - mental health services are essential. I'm doing all my sessions via telehealth from a home office at this point. It is actually a very, very busy time for my work - people really need support. I've been working a lot.
My state loosened the telemedicine requirement during our state of emergency, I'm not sure if it include mental health professionals or just more doctors, but I think that's nice. Normally they have to be licensed in the state but the loosened requirement allows for out of state licensed doctors so long as they still communicate with our state on xyz.

I'm all for giving people various avenues for their mental and physical health.

DW is a high-level civilian admin person in a non-essential area of a large police department, and she retires after 35 years on March 31.

Her previous boss (described by his colleagues as capable of drowning in a glass of water) decided that she was essential and required her to physically report for work, even though she could easily do her job remotely. He was in the process of being reassigned and his farewell lunch was Friday. Not sure how he justified having a group together for lunch, but DW couldn't go.

Her new boss reported for work yesterday morning, and within 10 minutes sent her home...YAY! Two hours later, they called in a panic and she had to go back in. But now she is working from home, she had previously scheduled her annual "floating holiday" for Friday, and she will work from home on Monday. And on Tuesday, she will go to HR to check out and begin retired life!

They put together a group of SIX people to handle the work that she did alone. Those six people may be somebody's faves, but they are not capable of doing the work. Not at all. It will be interesting...for them, not for us.

I work in an accounting firm. We're considered essential but I don't know why since the deadline was pushed back to July 15th. But people are still coming in every day to sign their paperwork and touch my stuff. o_O

I am "essential," for some reason, but I'm working from home. If I have to go in, I have to report ahead so they can adjust other people in the office if needed. I typically visit our plants across the country on a weekly basis (or close to it), there is absolutely no travel allowed right now.

I personally hate the handshake, and I don't like being terribly close to people. It's my natural defense. lol. I know where your hand has been.

My job is considered essential, but I could take calls and do my job from home if they were to allow that. Just got off of a call where they wanted to know -if we had high speed internet access at home and an environment that we could take calls. We were told that they needed to gather this information for the corporate office in the event that the government ordered a shut down of all offices, that they didn't expect that to happen EVER, and that it would have to be a "defcon 5" emergency for that to happen. Something was also said about being a hot spot state, which we are not.

YES I'm scared of coming to work every day. But I have to have to work and I'm scared to voice my concern out of fear of losing my job.

I'm a bookkeeper for the company I work for so yep, essential. It's a small 2 person IT firm that works for doctors and farms so it is considered an essential business. I only work 2 days a week and am the only person in the entire building. I went a whole year without seeing the boss. Right now, if he comes in he makes sure he does it when I'm not there. My boss has been pretending for 3 years that he was getting ready to retire and shut the place down, which I've been waiting for so maybe this will push him to do it. I've already got all my retirement in place.

I’m essential in the sense I process payroll and billing for fuel transportation drivers. So we need to make sure those truck drivers payroll is being processed timely. Thankfully I am able to work from home. My husband is considered essential. He is the maintenance supervisor of a food production facility.

We're all working from home (3 households), except DS who works for a major aerospace and defense corporation. He has the papers in his car so he can go to work if we go to lock down. He is shifting his schedule to go in at noon, so he can watch the kids while DIL works and then she will watch them while he is gone.

We are all essential here. Hospital X2 (RN and hopefully soon to be RN), medical food and security. We're just all trying to stay healthy by following all the recommendations.

The biggest issue with working in hospitals right now in direct patient care (depending where you are, I'm talking about high hit areas) is shamefully inadequate numbers of of PPE for staff. Doctors, nurses and other direct caregivers are now becoming sick and dying as a result, as we've seen in other countries. I've worked in hospitals for almost forty years and this is something new to me, so it's gravely concerning (pun intended). Yes, we knew what we were getting into and we're not shying away, but at least give us what we need to protect ourselves and our families. It is good to see that people are trying to rectify the situation, but much time will have passed before supplies become adequate, if that ever happens this time around.

I'm considered an essential employee in a state gov't facility. I'm completely fine with working. But what bothers me is all state offices have been closed, with the exception of prisons and hospitals. People in jobs in the closed offices can work from home if their job has things they can do at home, or if there isn't anything they can do at home, they just get administrative leave, which means they gt paid to be at home not working and not having to use any sick or vacation time. Meanwhile, the rest of us are working with no additional pay or time accrued, which seems kind of unfair. You know when you work these jobs you still have to be at work and you accept that. But it feels like there should be some additional benefit when the rest of the work force is sitting at home

I am still working so I guess I'm essential. I work for a large international accounting/consulting firm. We have all been working remotely since last Monday. I am happy to have a job that allows me to be able to work from home and continue getting paid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!