European Cruise Tips?

Chi_Kel

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
Hi Everyone! I am headed on my first European Cruise in a few weeks! Does anyone have any helpful tips? Anything would be useful - cruising, excursions, favorite beaches/towns, etc.

I have been on Caribbean cruises in the past, so I am familiar with cruising RC but this is the first time I am traveling internationally! We are on the Jewel of the Seas leaving from Rome on May 23rd - going to Sicily, Mykonos, Ephesus (Turkey), Santorini, Athens and Naples!

Also - if anyone happens to be on the same cruise let me know! It's a small world after all... (sorry im not sorry). :)

Mykonos, we walked thru town and took a local bus to Paradise beach--mostly only a few cruisers in the AM thru early afternoon, as it is more of a night time place. Reminded me of beach clubs in Cozumel. Chairs/umbrellas were a nominal fee with food/drink. Santorini--funicular to top (Thira) and then local bus to Oia. You can also take a tour. Athens, we did ship's express transport to Acropolis. It was easy and we felt very safe wandering raound afterwards. There was a HO-HO bus that came to the port and there might be an express tourist bus now. Naples--walk to outside of port, cross the small street, buy an all day ticket to Pompeiim take the tram to the station that circumvensia train picks up and take it to Pompeii, then also, on return, get off at Herculeum (Scavi Ercolano) and look at those ruins as well. Reverse to get back to the ship. We have done this 2X--look online to get step-by step instructions (and even photos of the station stops)--super easy if you know what you are doing--we went 1 stop too far the 1st time coming back--but just got off and took another train back 1 stop and then go the tram right back to the port. Less than $100 for a family of 4 for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter