Eurostar Luggage allowance

Dee8197

<font color=indigo>Those blinking rats get me ever
I wasn't sure how much luggage we can take on Eurostar.
I am informed that it is 2 suitcases and 1 piece of hand luggage per person. Seems rather a lot compared to flying but I'm not complaining

sounds right Dee - though to be honest when we fly scheduled I'm sure our baggage allowance is 2 cases each plus hand luggage anyway? So it's comparable I would think.

I agree Miffy, but there is a weight restriction when you fly, so I guess the size of your suitcases is limited - but there doesn't seem to be a weight restriction with Eurostar for obvious reasons I guess

My baggage allowance was 32kg per case with Virgin or BA Dee and to be honest I've never undertood how anyone could make it any heavier LOL I struggle to manage to move the cases around when they are waaaaay below 32kg!

That's interesting Miffy.
We have never flown with Virgin or BA transatlantic but they clearly have a larger luggage allowance than the operator we use. We were only allowed 20 Kg per person ( not per case ) with 3 teenage sons and a baby ( who had no luggage allowance ) it was a bit of a squeeze.

Did you fly with a charter before then Dee? I've only flown scheduled and had the (IMHO ridiculous) 64kg per person allowance. With me, DH and 2 kids that's over 250kg!! The mind boggles, we would never be able to carry it all!!

I think we could just manage with 20kg but it would be a squeeze for WDW. Will have to try and get used to it though as we are flying charter next time to WDW in 2006. To be honest, I think I would struggle to need over 20kg each for DLP because we would go for a "short break" rather than 3 weeks which is how long we usually go to WDW for :)

Miffy
Afraid so - we fly cheap and use the money we save towards AP's @ WDW
We have flown with a few charters but most recently Travelcity. We are into leaving it till last munute and getting the cheapest flights that we can, I book the accomodation direct with WDW - it works our great. ie 2 weeks at All Star movies, 2 adults , 2 children ,inc car £1600. That doesn't include the park passes of course.

Dee - I always go for the cheapest option as well and we have never found TCD cheaper than Virgin. We also book flight only as we are DVC members :)

This year we are flying with BA as they were £200 cheaper than Virgin - TCD were £350 dearer than BA for our dates. I must just be unlucky with TCD but every quote I've ever got has been the same or more expensive!

I'm too much of a chicken to leave it till the last minute due to inflexible leave dates for DH & fitting into school holidays. I wish I was a bit braver as I expect I could save money but I just haven't got the nerve :(

We've never paid more than £130 per person for fly - drive

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter