EVC & Wilderness Lodge Boats?

riopooh

DIS Veteran
We will be staing at the Wilderness Lodge and my father will be using an EVC to get around the parks. He is nervous on whether the boats can handle them and how easily? He can walk some ( although I think the boat ramp alone will be daunting) and thinks maybe he should wait until we get to the parks to rent one (but I'm worried about availability - we'll be there for Pres Week in Feb 2005).

Has anybody had experience with the boats and EVCs?

(I don't want to be pushy but I want to make it a healthy and happy trip for the whole family)

Although they frequently warn that because of changing water levels, you may not be able to use an ECV on the boats, that is rarely the case.

The boat captains make every effort to load the boats in such a matter to allow ECVs and electric wheelchairs to load.

They have portable "bridges" to get your ECV over the hump and will either load ECVs first or last depending on whether the boats are high in the water or low in the water.

If for some reason the water level will not allow the ECVs to load at all, there are frequent buses to the TTC where you can catch the monorail to the Magic Kingdom or Epcot and direct buses to the Studios and Animal Kingdom.

I hope this eases your fears. Most definitely rent that ECV offsite so he'll have it for the entire trip!

Carol

We stayed at WL last July and used the boats daily. I have my own ECV and I highly suggest that you rent one offsite rather than waiting until the parks. It's a LONG walk from the lodge down to the boat ramp and he'd be exhausted. It's a little tricky getting the ECV onto the boat as you have to make a pretty sharp turn as soon as you get on, but he'll get the hang of it. Also if the water is high or low the CM's know how to stand in certain positions to help or ease getting the ECV on or off. Have a great trip and don't be worried.
Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter