Evening activites for the Solo DLP'er

Ruthie25

Mouseketeer
I'm away to DLP on my own this weekend, for the second time. Last time I was there I just sat in my hotel room when I got back from the parks, either reading or watching the TV.

This time I am determined to make more of the fact I'm at DLP and actually DO something - so any suggestions on the best things to do as a singleton? I'm staying at the Holiday Inn if that makes any difference.

Alternatively, are there any other solo travelers that would like to meet up to do something on Friday or Saturday evening? Please PM me if you would :)

What about the Buffalo Bill Wild West Dinner Show? Dinner and a show and you are part of a big group, especially during the participation bit. There is also the cinema - I know they have 1 English screen.

I think I'd spend time ambling round the shops in Disney Village - I'd avoid the shops during the day so that when the evening came it would all be fresh! Could also be a good chance to explore the other hotels, maybe having a drink in each bar!

If you like Sport then the Sports Bar will be showing something or other.

You could grab your camera and wonder around the complex taking all kinds of great photos and then post them here in the knowledge that we'll love you for doing that.

Whatever you do, I hope you have a really great time and be sure to tell us all about your trip :wizard:

I've done Solo DLP visits myself on two occasions. The first time I went I did as you did, retreated to my room to soak my aching feet :rotfl2: However on my second visit I went back out after and ambled through the village. Unfortunately I had left it too late to book for the wild west show but that's on my list for my next trip.

Most people are friendly and I frequently found myself in conversation with total strangers and the bars and cafes in the village are great for 'people watching'. The shops stay open really late so you can soon be divested of your hard earned :goodvibes

They do have open air shows of an evening in the village and I managed to see those when I was there last.

I would suggest saving the village itself for one of your evenings - you can't beat the atmosphere and getting your shopping done at the same time

I would definitely spend one night in the Village :teeth: as I love it there.

I also agree it would be fun to look round the other hotels.

Have a wonderful trip Ruthie :) :)

Just had a look on the official DLRP site and found the following:

For Buffalo Bill there's this in addition to the show:
Celebrating 100 years of the show an Exhibition at Colonel Cody’s Saloon: from 5 February to 31 December 2005. Free admission for guests attending the show.

At the Gaumont Cinema now showing
Monday 19th september 2005, 7.30pm & 10.30pm : Bewitched
from Nora Ephron with Nicole Kidman

Comedy / Fantasy / Romance

A producer remaking the classic sitcom " Bewitched " unknowingly casts an actual witch for the lead role.

I assume this is in English it doesn't say otherwise on the site.

At Billy Bob's :
23/09/05 Ian Scott
(Country) 21.30 & 23.00
24/09/05 The Freak
(Pop Rock) 21.30 & 23.00
25/09/05 Big Joe & The Space Cowboys
(Country) 21.00 & 23.00

On the Central Stage :
Belgium as guest of honour on 24 September Central stage at 8:30 PM
Four groups directly imported from Belgium will interpret a series of eclectic rhythms and sounds: Ritmo Bros, Dexter Connection, Alexia Waku and our "Surprise Guest", not to be missed…

Hope there's something you fancy there - have a lovely time. :cheer2:

..... I'll keep you update on what I get up to.

Better go to bed now as I have to be up at 4am, hope I can get to sleep as I'm so excited!! :banana:

Hope you have a great trip :)
I agree with Karen about visiting the other hotels, have a cocktail in the Hotel New York.

Reid

I would take a trip into Paris for the evening. Guided bus tours leave the HNY most evenings and take you past all the major attractions and it is supossed to be all lovely lit up at night. That's definitely what I would do!! You could take the RER and see a show in Paris. Simon's Brit guide recommends Le Lido (I think that is what its called). He rates it as one of the best shows he has ever seen as says it is far superior to Moulin Rouge (which would be another option). I could think of plenty of things I'd love to do if I was on my own in Paris but unfortunately I don't have that luxury. Enjoy it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter