Evening fun with a 7yo

tjmw2727

DIS Veteran
My oldest dd and I are sneaking away for a long weekend at WDW (Yippee). With the early closings I am looking for evening suggestions, even my 7yo will stay up until at least 9-10 while on vacation! Of course one night at Epcot and perhaps another at MGM if we stay for fantasmic but that leaves us with 2 free nights. Other than pleasure island what have you done with children this age at night other than the parks? We have spent alot of time at the boardwalk so I am looking for something else. Is there anything to do at PI (other than bars) or downtown disney with a 7yo. We will be staying at the Polynesian and using Disney Transportation. Thanks!
TJ

How about:

Mini-golf? or

Fort Wolderness: Campfire Program:
Nightly sing-along, featuring a visit by Chip 'n' Dale and a classic Disney movie, weather permitting. In the event of inclement weather, a "Porch Jam" sing-a-long will take place at Meadow Swimmin' Hole.

You might check to see what the hours will be for Disney Quest.... If it is open later than the parks, you could spend a few hours there in the evening.

We wandered around the Poly on our last trip, and I'll tell you, my kids would have LOVED to have swum in that pool. The water slide down the volcano looks like a real blast. And then there's the beach right there, too. We got ice cream bars at the snack bar and took them out to the hammocks.

How about a character meal at Chef Mickeys or 1900 Park Faire?

My kids also wanted to check out the AK Lodge, but we didn't have time.

Great suggestions so far, esp a Character dinner, we have two character breakfasts planned but I think I will switch one to a dinner. Barb - do you think it will be warm enough to swim next week?
TX
TJ

We were there one November when it was definitely warm enough during the day, and cool in the evenings. And we were there one December when it was warm enough even in the evening. It can go either way. The pools are heated so that will make a difference. I'd definitely say you have a good shot at it!

BTW, we like character lunches best of all. Better food than breakfast, and cheaper than dinner. Unfortunately, Chef Mickey's doesn't do a lunch. (Crystal Palace and Garden Grill are both great.)

AKl is a neat suggestion -
We stayed there in June - if your DD is adventurous, you might try the buffet at Boma - it is excellent (especially the desserts) with some very unique African offerings - plus you could then tour the grounds and see the animals

There's some great ideas here! Definitely consider Disney Quest, or even Cirque du Soleil. When I took my 8 year old on a mother-daughter trip last summer, we did this for the first time and it was fantastic! My daugher was mesmerized for the entire show!

We always play at least one round of mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens in the evening, the kids love this They have also done the campfire at Fort Wilderness. The last time we stayed at the Polynesian the kids loved to spend the evenings at the resort, swimming and watching the fireworks and the Electrical Water pageant from the beach. Sometimes they are happiest just browsing through the gift shops and exploring the resort too.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter