Event details for Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom

I am surprised they let people on the line that late if it closed at 1a. At the mnsshp, they shut the lines down based in the number of people that still have to go through so they are done by closing.

Thanks for the photos!

Naavi River Journey was a walk on when I did it (around midnight). I rode Flight of Passage twice. The posted wait time was around 55-65 minutes, but the actual wait was closer to 35 minutes until getting to the pre-ride show stuff.

Was there a line to get into Pandora at 9:30 or were people lining up at Flights of Passage?

Was there a line to get into Pandora at 9:30 or were people lining up at Flights of Passage?
No line to get into Pandora. Since you can start to enter the park at 7pm, you can enter Pandora anytime. I'm not sure how the line for FOP worked between 9-9:30. I got in line for FOP around 10pm.

Any predictions on whether DVC will cancel the 13th? We are primarily going down just for this and for a Halloween party. I know there are a lot more to get damaged in AK than the other parks due to the trees and all. Trying to decide if it is worth taking the risk to go down. We were scheduled for sat night but we may switch to tues arrival. I supposed we would have a better gauge of whether they will cancel at that point.

I'm assuming its on for tomorrow night...

Anyone who went on the 6'th, how long were character lines?
And what time could you get event merchandise? before 930 with band, or have to wait until 930?

I'm assuming its on for tomorrow night...

Anyone who went on the 6'th, how long were character lines?
And what time could you get event merchandise? before 930 with band, or have to wait until 930?
My receipt for my shirt/pin is says 21:21, and we had already been in line a few minutes prior, so they did not wait until 9:30. I had to show my DVC card also.
The character lines were fairly long, too long for us to wait in.

i am hoping my reservation for tonight's Moonlight Magic didn't get cancelled.

I arrived today and realized all of my fast passes for the next couple of days are gone, my reservation at the Poly for tonight only was messed up (luckily got that back and taken care of), charging still not working on my magic band so I need another trip to concierge to fix and my luggage went on to Baltimore.
Supposedly will arrive at the resort later today and I do have a carryon with enough to get buy for a couple of days if necessary luckily.

Having to cancel a couple of days because of the hurricane sure messed up my disney experience account this time for me!

i am hoping my reservation for tonight's Moonlight Magic didn't get cancelled.

I arrived today and realized all of my fast passes for the next couple of days are gone, my reservation at the Poly for tonight only was messed up (luckily got that back and taken care of), charging still not working on my magic band so I need another trip to concierge to fix and my luggage went on to Baltimore.
Supposedly will arrive at the resort later today and I do have a carryon with enough to get buy for a couple of days if necessary luckily.

Having to cancel a couple of days because of the hurricane sure messed up my disney experience account this time for me!

you should be ok b/c it is separate from the MDE account. Mine doesn't show up there.

For those who were there last week or for previous - do the restaurants stay open during the event?

Look at the first post to the bottom right.
I know Pongu Pongu was still open at about 10:45 ish, and I believe there were people in the other Avatar place also. The Dawa bar however, was closed by then. We walked by for a drink, and it was all closed up. Nomad told us they were going to stay open till midnight, but there was not a single person in there.

This was so fun last night. FOP only had a 30 minute line last night the 2 times I rode it.
I tried to see all the rare characters but only managed to do a few. I kept stopping to get food or ride an attraction.
The Safari I did was great. Animals were awake and moving, even the lions.

It wasn't busy except for a couple of character lines. Stooge and Launch pad were great as were the characters from Bugs life.

If I ever get the chance to do one of these events again I will.

Last edited:
We had a really good time. Crowd was essentially non existent once the day crowds left.

We got in just before 7 and tried to ride the Avatar rides but River journey was closed and FOP was an 80 min wait so we went over to Everest, which was also closed. I was thinking - this is not starting off well - But things looked up after that. We ate at Yak and Yeti. By then, Everest was open again and then went to Pandora around 9:15. By then, they weren't allowing anyone in the land without a wristband. River journey was walk on and FOP was 35min but really it was all the time it took to walk all the way up. I think we actually waited about 10 min once the line stopped at the top. What an amazing ride!!! We didn't do the safari because it was too late by the time we finished eating and there were no animals out in the park and we didn't do any character M&Gs but that's not out thing so it was fine. We did the river show as well. Really, we had time to do all we wanted to at least twice.

We did get ice cream and soda. Lines were no more than 5 minutes for snacks. If we hadn't eaten at Yak and Yeti, we could have easily eaten to our heart's content. The CMs were trying to give it all away. So much left over. I am guessing that people did not cancel their reservations for the event so the park was expecting so much more. I also think that offering hot dogs was not the best choice with the event starting at 9:30. People just don't want to eat that kind of stuff so late. I was thinking popcorn would have been better (but do they do popcorn in AK?).

oh, and cool lanterns they gave out at the river show!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!