Event details for Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom

. I also think that offering hot dogs was not the best choice with the event starting at 9:30. People just don't want to eat that kind of stuff so late. I was thinking popcorn would have been better (but do they do popcorn in AK?).

On the 6th we saw tons of people sitting down eating hot dogs. The seating areas where the free snacks were, were pretty much full when we walked by.

Look at the first post to the bottom right.
Thanks for replying, but I was asking for confirmation from people who were there last week. The first post was not an official for members. It was for cm's as far as I can tell.

On the 6th we saw tons of people sitting down eating hot dogs. The seating areas where the free snacks were, were pretty much full when we walked by.
sure - people are going to eat what is free as long as it is edible :-). Point taken though. Maybe that's just me - eating hot dogs at 9:30 at night = ughhh. :P

Us too....quite a change from last year's event, when snacks, drinks and ice cream were set up outside on the sidewalks. We did the safari, everest and Bug before the park even closed....and waited 50 minutes for FOP, and spent another 45 minutes with the Rivers of Light show. I could have stayed all night, but the person I was with was tired. I think it was more crowded on the 6th....lots of people could not get there due to the storm and cancelled flights this week.

Thanks for replying, but I was asking for confirmation from people who were there last week. The first post was not an official for members. It was for cm's as far as I can tell.
The info was in your confirmation e-mail....and I kind of enjoyed seeing the "behind the scenes" info...it really did tell me all I needed to know.

I noticed on the DVC members website that the lounge at Epcot will be open thru the end of 2018!!!! Whooo hoooo~~~ that makes me happy!

The info was in your confirmation e-mail....and I kind of enjoyed seeing the "behind the scenes" info...it really did tell me all I needed to know.
my goodness. o_O I asked a simple question of *those who were at the previous party*. No, I didn't think to look back at an email I received months ago. Yes, I looked at the materials uploaded. No, I don't know AK enough to know what these places are or if they serve food.

I asked the question, coming off of a 14 hour car ride (that usually takes 8-9) and 3 hours of sleep/recovery. I don't know about others but I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and just answer the question if I know it, especially on such a small, member forum. If you know an answer and want to help, then kindly answer. If you don't, just skip over the post. Telling someone to refer back to a post that wasn't meant for guests/members or to refer back to an email I may have received months ago and don't have access to is not exactly in the spirit of these boards, which is to be helpful when you can - but that's just my opinion...

for the record, I appreciate those who took the time to post the printed material.

We had a really good time. Crowd was essentially non existent once the day crowds left.
...We did get ice cream and soda. Lines were no more than 5 minutes for snacks. If we hadn't eaten at Yak and Yeti, we could have easily eaten to our heart's content. The CMs were trying to give it all away. So much left over. I am guessing that people did not cancel their reservations for the event so the park was expecting so much more. I also think that offering hot dogs was not the best choice with the event starting at 9:30. People just don't want to eat that kind of stuff so late. I was thinking popcorn would have been better (but do they do popcorn in AK?)...

We tried to cancel via MS, but no one knew how to do it, including supervisors. So I'm sure they were afraid to guess at how many were coming. After the hour and hours I spent on hold cancelling our extensive plans, I gave up pretty easily.

We tried to cancel via MS, but no one knew how to do it, including supervisors. So I'm sure they were afraid to guess at how many were coming. After the hour and hours I spent on hold cancelling our extensive plans, I gave up pretty easily.
I don't blame you. I was on hold several times last week trying to rearrange our reservations as well. I was not dissing the people who didn't cancel. More just that because of that, they didn't know how many were really going. There was a way to cancel online but you would have had to keep the link you originally used, which most would not have done or remembered they could do it that way.

my goodness. o_O I asked a simple question of *those who were at the previous party*. No, I didn't think to look back at an email I received months ago. Yes, I looked at the materials uploaded. No, I don't know AK enough to know what these places are or if they serve food.

I asked the question, coming off of a 14 hour car ride (that usually takes 8-9) and 3 hours of sleep/recovery. I don't know about others but I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and just answer the question if I know it, especially on such a small, member forum. If you know an answer and want to help, then kindly answer. If you don't, just skip over the post. Telling someone to refer back to a post that wasn't meant for guests/members or to refer back to an email I may have received months ago and don't have access to is not exactly in the spirit of these boards, which is to be helpful when you can - but that's just my opinion...

for the record, I appreciate those who took the time to post the printed material.

You asked a question a couple of hours before the event. People had kindly posted things. Additionally, when I received my confirmation e-mail....there were instructions that said be sure to print out this e-mail confirmation and bring it with you to the event. I am very glad you got to take your vacation. I'm still trying to recover from the stress of trying to get out of dodge before the storm.....not a pleasant experience at all.....not having a room reservation but not knowing if your scheduled flight is actually going to take place. And where the heck would we stay?

We were happy with hotdogs, chips, popcorn, beverage at 9:30 at night. Was not into sitting down in a restaurant or getting a fast food meal that time of night. Since the event did not start until 9, we ate a light lunch.

Sadly this is probably the last time this event will be offered. But again.....the happy thing is the Epcot lounge remaining open until the end of 2018!!!! Whoo hoo and yippeee!

Enjoy the rest of your stay.

@planningalways is nicer than me. I don't even know what she said to warrant that overreaction.

I'm not sure what you were wanting. I think the initial response to look at the first page was the appropriate response. Likewise, planning's response was equally appropriate. How are we to know you are unfamiliar with DAK, tired from a drive, don't retain or look at confirmation emails, or don't believe Castmember bulletins?

Were you wanting someone to go back to the first page, and manually type out all the restaurants that were open, and then Google the menu and type that out, while also giving a description of what type of food it is and also give the location?

So if ever there was a time for "o_O"....

@planningalways is nicer than me. I don't even know what she said to warrant that overreaction.

I'm not sure what you were wanting. I think the initial response to look at the first page was the appropriate response. Likewise, planning's response was equally appropriate. How are we to know you are unfamiliar with DAK, tired from a drive, don't retain or look at confirmation emails, or don't believe Castmember bulletins?

Were you wanting someone to go back to the first page, and manually type out all the restaurants that were open, and then Google the menu and type that out, while also giving a description of what type of food it is and also give the location?

Reminds me of the commercial....for Angies List or something similar. Thanks for that Andysol...was beginning to think I was just an awful person.

THAT being said....I really did appreciate the OP's post. Made me aware that things were going to be different this year. Not bad but different. It never ceases to amaze me how people can just complain and trash DVC all day long....nothing is ever enough for some people. These extra things ....are a gift!!! I hope they keep on coming.

We went on the 13th and had a great time. We bought dinner at the Pandora restaurant around 7. Did Navi River ride with a fast pass and then rode FOP with a 55 minute wait. Went and got our bands and game tickets. We were a group of 5 and they gave us 8. Girls went and rode Everest and my husband and I got in line for Mowgli. Party started around 9:30. After that we walked in to see Jane & Tarzan, got our lanterns at River of Lights, did some dance parties and kept walking on all rides. We ended the night around midnight with walking straight onto Flight of Passage. We did grab some drinks along the way and my husband would have liked to sit and eat more hot dogs but he did manage to eat one as we were walking. I definitely prefered the ice cream stands that have been at previous events but would not complain on something that was free. I think it was an awesome event.

We went on the 13th and had a great time. We bought dinner at the Pandora restaurant around 7. Did Navi River ride with a fast pass and then rode FOP with a 55 minute wait. Went and got our bands and game tickets. We were a group of 5 and they gave us 8. Girls went and rode Everest and my husband and I got in line for Mowgli. Party started around 9:30. After that we walked in to see Jane & Tarzan, got our lanterns at River of Lights, did some dance parties and kept walking on all rides. We ended the night around midnight with walking straight onto Flight of Passage. We did grab some drinks along the way and my husband would have liked to sit and eat more hot dogs but he did manage to eat one as we were walking. I definitely prefered the ice cream stands that have been at previous events but would not complain on something that was free. I think it was an awesome event.

It was pretty awesome. Had the best ever Safari! I think the way it was set up this time around food-wise was better from the Corporate side (less waste) and cut down on people being gluttenous (last year I saw some people shoveling bags of chips and stuff into huge back packs). I'm so lucky I was able to do this special event two years in a row. Doubt it will be offered again...then again, we all thought that last year's event would be the one and only.

For those who were there last week or for previous - do the restaurants stay open during the event?

@planningalways

Finally getting around to read the boards again and just needed to give my last comments on this topic.

In my post, which I quoted above, I specifically asked for the help of people *who had been at the event the previous week* - people who would have known whether the restaurants were open or not. So not, I was not asking others to go back to the 1st page to retype the info. And knowing what I first posted, you feel that "see the first page" was an appropriate response? :confused: If the poster had been at the first event, it would have been easy to comment - yes/no, the restaurants were serving folks for dinner. If the poster had not been there, then there was no reason to have replied.

THAT being said....I really did appreciate the OP's post. Made me aware that things were going to be different this year. Not bad but different. It never ceases to amaze me how people can just complain and trash DVC all day long....nothing is ever enough for some people. These extra things ....are a gift!!! I hope they keep on coming.
I appreciated the OP post as well, when I first read it, but as I said, it hadn't occurred to me to check it at the time. Still, there is nothing wrong with wanting confirmation *from people who had actually been there the previous week*. Commenting (after the party) that DVC also sent an email with all the information that I should have taken with me isn't exactly helpful - after the party, it is just condescending, which is exactly how I took the poster's first reply - as in "stupid! , just check the first post!!"

As for your comment about trashing DVC - surely that was not directed toward me b/c I did/do not trash DVC. We have owned for 9 years and love it and have referred several people to ownership. The only comment I made was that popcorn may have been a better choice than hot dogs in terms of waste of food (a lot of premade plates were left over that night), but others commented they appreciated the hot dogs and I appreciated their perspectives and adjusted my comments accordingly.

Finally getting around to read the boards again and just needed to give my last comments on this topic.

In my post, which I quoted above, I specifically asked for the help of people *who had been at the event the previous week* - people who would have known whether the restaurants were open or not. So not, I was not asking others to go back to the 1st page to retype the info. And knowing what I first posted, you feel that "see the first page" was an appropriate response? :confused: If the poster had been at the first event, it would have been easy to comment - yes/no, the restaurants were serving folks for dinner. If the poster had not been there, then there was no reason to have replied.
I did go to the event the first night. I, too, would've said to look at the first page- you know, because it has the list of restaurants that are open and serving.
Yes/no isn't a good response- because the answer isn't that simple.

"So were the restaurants serving?"
I get to say "Some."
Then you get to say "which ones?"
Then can I say look at the first post?

You are high maintenance. Sorry you didn't get your perfect answer the way that you wanted. Let's lash out some more. Yeesh.

You are high maintenance. Sorry you didn't get your perfect answer the way that you wanted. Let's lash out some more. Yeesh.
Hmm, nice to make assumptions from one question and related comments, without knowing me on these boards or in real life... think what you will... I have said my piece and am moving on

I'm wondering if there are others who didn't get to go in September thanks to Irma are going to be attending the event/s in April. We're going to be at the 4/17 night. I'm so grateful that we just happened to reschedule our vacation for the time that this new Moonlight Magic event is happening! I was so, so, so, SO sad that Irma cancelled our 20th anniversary/Food & Wine trip. This helps make up for some of the disappointment.

We just booked for POP for the end of August. We did two MNSSHP parties last August so we were looking for something different. Do you think they will continue this?

We just booked for POP for the end of August. We did two MNSSHP parties last August so we were looking for something different. Do you think they will continue this?

All the events for 2018 have been announced I believe. August 15th is an Moonlight event at Epcot. The next one is Sept 19 at DHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter