Ever taken a trip to Disney World and not gone to the parks at all?

tosha27

Mouseketeer
Anyone? I want to hear from you. What did you do and where did you go? My favorite part of Disney world is the resorts. I like the restaurants, the monorail, the boats, and I just like the atmosphere. We have been to Disney World and all of the Parks about 4 times staying off and on property. My favorite hotel is the Swan. If I could stay in a different resort every night I would. Lol

I've never done it, but a former coworker of mine had a timeshare in Orlando near WDW. They would go at least every other year (renting out the off years) but never go to Disney.

I am going for ten days in October (solo) and purchased an eight day ticket, specifically so that I would do some of the other things available. Resort hop, spa, Disney Springs, sleep past 6am etc...

Done that. We owned DVC and we preferred to relax by the pool. Esp when we had to go in the summer or peak seasons. I'd rather not fight the crowd.

Two years ago we did a trip that included 2 days/1 night at Universal, 1 night at Cape Canaveral, 5 nights on a RCCL cruise, and one night at the Beach Club.

We lazed in the pool all day, got out to go eat dinner, then got back in the pool all evening. We even watched the DHS fireworks from the pool.

I did it. First, I stayed at AKL, where there's so much to do right there. I could watch the animals for hours-either sitting on the balcony, or go down and talk to the cultural ambassadors outside. Once I was lucky enough to see the cultural graduation. I spent one day resort hopping-went over to the Art of Animation to eat and to walk around and look at the various statues. Spent one day at Disney Springs. Rented bikes one day. Went miniature golfing. Never ran out of things to do.

Cultural graduation-

Ever taken a trip to Disney World and not gone to the parks at all?

Sorry, no. Even as the years went by and we would spend more of our vacation time just relaxing we would always stop in to the parks. Of course we would stay at the Boardwalk so wandering over to Epcot is too easy. When we moved to longer off site vacations the ratio skewed even more towards relaxing but we would always visit each of the four parks once. And SeaWorld from time to time.

Yes,and we loved it- stayed at Dolphin, had daily dinner res.(non park) hung out on pool/beach, visited other resorts for snacks and wandering,found every little free show or offering all over the place and had a great time! (I love the boats all over property,we frequently ride to 'nowhere' just for fun.

We are doing exactly this in September! Staying at AKL for 5 nights and relaxing around the pool, visiting other resorts and hitting up Disney Springs.

We've visited twice without going to any parks. The first time, we had gotten off a cruise and spent one night at POR. We went in the pool, took the boat to Disney Springs, took the bus up to MK and rode the monorail around to those resorts. It was relaxing and nice to have a taste of Disney without the expense. Especially since we only had one night.

Back in February, we were staying in Tampa and drove in just for the day. We parked at Disney Springs in the morning, walked to SSR and got on the MK bus, from there we took the boat to WL and had lunch at Whispering Canyon. From there, we took the bus to DHS and then boat to Boardwalk and stopped for drinks there. We then walked around the Beach Club and caught a bus back to MK. Got on the monorail and went to Poly for Trader Sam's. From there, we walked to TTC and caught the Epcot monorail just for the ride. Then we got on the bus to Disney Springs. We walked around there stopping for a drink, and ended with dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express. It was a full day but I was pleased with all we got to see and do, for essentially no cost, without going into a park.

Yes we have. DVC for a very very long time. We also love hanging at the resorts. BW is our usual place with many restaurants in the Epcot resort area to enjoy and activity on the Boardwalk in the evening. Miniature golf within walking distance. Resort pool and quiet pool. And we, as others mentioned, do resort hopping. We'll either do the monorail resort run for lunch, dinner or just drinks. Shop or go to a movie at Disney Springs. I thought I'd have a tough time staying at BW and not roaming over to Epcot every night, but it wasn't too bad.....the twitching eventually stopped....:D

I've always dreamed of staying AKL with a savanna view, but as we spend all our time in the parks I cannot justify the expense. Last summer, DH and I went to Florida to visit a friend at Cocoa Beach, but before heading to Cocoa we stayed 2 nights at AKL- rented DVC points for a savanna view studio. I LOVED IT. I love AKL! We spent a lot of time at the pool and pool bar, did the Jiko wine tasting, took the culinary tour at Jiko/Boma. I spent two mornings just watching the animals from our balcony. We had dinner at Boma and California Grill (my birthday) from where we watched the fireworks. We sat outside around the fire pit, sat in the lounge with drinks and our books. It was the most incredibly relaxing time I've ever had at WDW... but we never went to a park! I'd love to do this again sometime... or maybe tag it onto the end of a park trip, so I go home rested and relaxed!

Yes. We spent 4 days at Yacht Club and Stormalong Bay for July 4th a few years ago. It stormed every night, but still saw fireworks from our patio from Epcot and Hollywood Studios every night. Boardwalk had the most beautiful gold glow on it one night because of the sun and cloud combination. We had a blast. Pool during the day and fireworks every night.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai5XTzLF89wXg59mVpRgGbjbwgi-Eg

s!Ai5XTzLF89wXg59mVpRgGbjbwgi-Eg

s!Ai5XTzLF89wXg59mVpRgGbjbwgi-Eg

Last edited:
Do it all the time. I prefer resort hoping and drinking most of the time. Once in a blue moon ill go into the parks or if something new opens to check it out.

Yes and it is so nice to do we’re going up in June to do it again! Spend the time at resort & Disney Springs. We’re only an hour & a half away so it makes sense for us. However, if we didn’t live so close I’m not sure we would ever visit without visiting at least one park during the vacation.

Yes. We visit other resorts. Ride the monorail and boats. Relax by the pool. Rent a boat or rent a bike.

I have done it before. I spent 1 day at Ft Wilderness, there is a lot to see and do there for FREE. Then I spent 1 day at Downtown Disney (Disney Springs Now). I did half a day at my resort (Port Orleans). And then went to Grand Floridian and people watched. It was the most relaxing trip to Disney I have ever had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!