Ever Uber to Contemporary and walk to MK?

TraceyPoppins

Indubitably
Guys,

Anyone ever try this to save time? We're staying at AoA over New Year's and I'm thinking this might be quicker than the bus to TTC.

Guys,

Anyone ever try this to save time? We're staying at AoA over New Year's and I'm thinking this might be quicker than the bus to TTC.
Buses haven't gone to the TTC in several years. The bus from AoA will drop you off right at MK and will be faster than taking an Uber

Buses haven't gone to the TTC in several years. The bus from AoA will drop you off right at MK and will be faster than taking an Uber
Right! I forgot. We've not taken a bus to the MK for the past few years. I'm just concerned about the large number of people who will be vying for early morning buses, especially that weekend.

Disney runs more buses when demand is higher.

Taking the bus to MK is always smarter than driving, but much more so when crowds are high. Buses have dedicated lanes so they don't get stuck in traffic.

Guys,

Plenty of people do this. Many people will ask the uber driver to let them out just past the guardhouse so it's a marginally shorter walk. Your MK security experience walking from CR vs coming from the bus will be a bit quicker under normal circumstances.

Plenty of people do this. Many people will ask the uber driver to let them out just past the guardhouse so it's a marginally shorter walk. Your MK security experience walking from CR vs coming from the bus will be a bit quicker under normal circumstances.
Thank you for the tip! So Contemporary traffic has a separate security line?

Thank you for the tip! So Contemporary traffic has a separate security line?

Yes, as part of the new security setup that started in April, the walking path from CR to MK has it's own security station where you are screened. Since it's only those taking the walking path, it's usually not crowded at all. It's much better than before where you blended in with everyone else coming from all different points.

If you user an Uber/Lyft make sure they bring you into the Contemporary from the back way. Last year we had a car service hired to pick us up at BLT and take us to Port Canaveral for a cruise on New Year's Eve. She was much later than anticipated (approximately 11:30 - bad been scheduled for 9:00 a.m.) and got caught up in horrific traffic on World Drive (don't even get me going on why she went that way). We ended up having to cancel the car service and call an Uber to take 5 of us to PC. We barely made it in time. As soon as we walked into our cabins (no time to eat lunch) they called for the muster drill.

It was not a good way to start our cruise.

I'm just concerned about the large number of people who will be vying for early morning buses, especially that weekend.
There might be a large number of people vying for the buses that weekend but the time saved will be negligible - perhaps five minutes. The traffic into MK in the morning that weekend will be quite busy and you may get caught up in it on the way to the Contemporary. The buses running from AoA on those mornings will come fast.

Disney runs more buses when demand is higher.

Taking the bus to MK is always smarter than driving, but much more so when crowds are high. Buses have dedicated lanes so they don't get stuck in traffic.

Define smarter. I prefer to drive to MK as I know I'll have a seat. Usually luck out on monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter