Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

Is availability from the parks good early in the day? Say if we have a breakfast reservation in a park and want to catch an uber straight after? I imagine they probably wouldn't be too far away as I assume loads of people take them from the resorts, but they probably wouldn't be queueing to pick people up from the parks that early.
They are. They stage in central locations so they can get anywhere needed easily

Is availability from the parks good early in the day? Say if we have a breakfast reservation in a park and want to catch an uber straight after? I imagine they probably wouldn't be too far away as I assume loads of people take them from the resorts, but they probably wouldn't be queueing to pick people up from the parks that early.
If there are no drivers waiting in the park queue, you'll be matched with a driver nearby. There's likely to be one on the way to drop off a rider at the park or on the way out after dropping off.

I don't understand where exactly I need to be in order to be picked up at the following locations all of which are new to me:
  • Disney Springs
  • Wilderness Lodge
  • All Star Music
  • Saratoga Springs, Congress Park or Community Hall
Can someone please help me. Thank you.

I don't understand where exactly I need to be in order to be picked up at the following locations all of which are new to me:
  • Disney Springs
  • Wilderness Lodge
  • All Star Music
Your choice of 2 locations at DS:
  1. West Side bus loop, between Cirque & the Strawberry parking lot, or
  2. Marketplace bus loop, entrance between Make-A-Tee and the Christmas store, near the SSR bridge
At all resorts, you can get picked up at the front lobby porte-cochère. At resorts like All-Stars or SSR, which have parking at the individual buildings, you can also get picked up at your building.

• Disney Springs
  • Wilderness Lodge
  • All Star Music
Wilderness Lodge, Lobby area, same place you'd drop off your car if you were to Valet Park
All Star Music, right up around the lobby area, near where you enter the building.
When we stayed at SSR we had them pick us up at our building, so neither of the 2 locations you list. But if you want one of those, then pick that spot. Best plan is to just go to where you want to get picked up and set your pin exactly where you are and request the car. Actually, that's the best plan for most picks ups at Resorts. Doesn't really work for parks as they have specific pick up points but resorts (other than CSR) don't. If a car can drive there, a Uber/Lyft can pick you up there.

Wilderness Lodge, Lobby area, same place you'd drop off your car if you were to Valet Park
All Star Music, right up around the lobby area, near where you enter the building.
When we stayed at SSR we had them pick us up at our building, so neither of the 2 locations you list. But if you want one of those, then pick that spot. Best plan is to just go to where you want to get picked up and set your pin exactly where you are and request the car. Actually, that's the best plan for most picks ups at Resorts. Doesn't really work for parks as they have specific pick up points but resorts (other than CSR) don't. If a car can drive there, a Uber/Lyft can pick you up there.

:worship:Thank you oh so most beautiful! I just copied and pasted it onto my itinerary so I don't forget. Planning two trips; Disneyland in one month and WDW in October. So much to read as we're trying new places and different things. :faint:

:worship:Thank you oh so most beautiful! I just copied and pasted it onto my itinerary so I don't forget. Planning two trips; Disneyland in one month and WDW in October. So much to read as we're trying new places and different things. :faint:
Have a blast! We are doing similar trips, WDW in a month and Disneyland in December.
You'll have to come back and help me with using Uber/Lyft at Disneyland since you'll be there before me. We plan to use it a bit out there.
WDW is really easy. Except for HS. HS drives me batty. With all the construction they've been moving the pick up point around.
My other piece of advice for parks, if you can swing it, plan your first use as a drop off. If you get dropped off first, you'll know where to go for a pick up.

Have a blast! We are doing similar trips, WDW in a month and Disneyland in December.
You'll have to come back and help me with using Uber/Lyft at Disneyland since you'll be there before me. We plan to use it a bit out there.
WDW is really easy. Except for HS. HS drives me batty. With all the construction they've been moving the pick up point around.
My other piece of advice for parks, if you can swing it, plan your first use as a drop off. If you get dropped off first, you'll know where to go for a pick up.

Thank you for that juicy morsel! I hope you have a great trip too, looks like we'll both be in the heat & humidity next month! :crazy2:

Also I have created a thread for my upcoming trip to Disneyland and several have posted tips hopefully they'll work out for you too. If interested, I've included "The Walls at Disneyland" for photos.
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/wdw-vet-going-to-disneyland-help-please.3688744/"]WDW Vet going to Disneyland - Help Please![/URL]

Lastly, I host the [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/"]Magic Shots - Current Listings[/URL] thread. If you need anything Angie, please let me know! :goodvibes

Can I order a Uber the night before for an early pick-up, 7:00 am or so? I have never used them before. This would be for an off-property hotel.

Can I order a Uber the night before for an early pick-up, 7:00 am or so? I have never used them before. This would be for an off-property hotel.
It's possible but not the better way. Best way is to request when you are ready to go. It's how the service was designed and how it works best.

It's possible but not the better way. Best way is to request when you are ready to go. It's how the service was designed and how it works best.
Thanks! How far in advance should we request it - 30 minutes or ??? Just want to make sure we arrive at the park on time.

Angi is right. All a "scheduled ride" means is that a request is automatically broadcast to drivers 15 minutes or so before your preferred pickup time. That never means an actual pre-scheduled driver for you, and often results in you getting charged a cancellation fee...especially with Lyft.

Just go to your pickup point, ready to board, and do your request.

My son is arriving late (plane lands at 12:30am) are there available Ubers to take him to the resort?

Hi, Can some tell me the approximate cost of an uber or Lyft from the contemporary to discover cove? Trying to decide if we can swing a trip to DC. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter