Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

Do you request the ride once you have your luggage for best timing?
Yes. As soon as you pull it off the carousel would be fine but not until you've seen it for certain. It will take a few minutes for them to drive in to the pick up point so you'll have a minute or two not more than that

Hi! Apologies as I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but I went through a number of pages and couldn't find the answer. Is there a specific spot at MCO where Uber picks up? Or will they pick you up at any baggage claim, just as if a friend or family were picking you up? Any tips to make pickup go more smoothly? Thanks!

Hi! Apologies as I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but I went through a number of pages and couldn't find the answer. Is there a specific spot at MCO where Uber picks up? Or will they pick you up at any baggage claim, just as if a friend or family were picking you up? Any tips to make pickup go more smoothly? Thanks!

There is a page about this on the Uber website: https://www.uber.com/airports/mco/

Exactly!
As a driver the one tip I can offer....be ready to go when you request a ride and outside when your car arrives!
Exactly! The key to success is "toes to the curb" and ready to board when you request a ride.

I don't know how MCO works, but at MIA I often get ride requests as soon as I drop a rider off at Departures. I'm often only 1-2 minutes away. If you're not ready to go, you could get hit with a no-show cancellation fee.

I guess I'll be Ubering or Lyfting a few times on our upcoming trip since Minnie Vans don't run to CBR yet. I have an 8:15 AM ADR for CRT and the bus won't start running in time to get us there. And we have an 8:15 AM ADR for 1900 Park Fare another day (we like to have breakfast at a different resort each trip). Am I right in assuming we should allow about an hour travel time to the MK from CBR to be safe? How about going to Grand Floridian? Anyone have experience making the trip from CBR to GF?

You will absolutely be able to take Disney buses to breakfast. Buses start running every. single. day*. around 6:30 AM.
CRT: be at bus stop by 7:15. Board bus. Exit at MK. Proceed to CRT.
1900: be at bus stop by 7-ish (note Disney's standard recommendation to allow 90 minutes.) Ask bus driver best way to get to GF.
*Except when all transportation is shut down, i.e. hurricanes

You will absolutely be able to take Disney buses to breakfast. Buses start running every. single. day*. around 6:30 AM.
CRT: be at bus stop by 7:15. Board bus. Exit at MK. Proceed to CRT.
1900: be at bus stop by 7-ish (note Disney's standard recommendation to allow 90 minutes.) Ask bus driver best way to get to GF.
*Except when all transportation is shut down, i.e. hurricanes

Oh, thanks - that's good to know! I was going by the note on the WDW site that said "Bus service from Disney Resort hotels begins 45 minutes prior to park opening and ends 1 hour prior to park closing." I figured that mean busses didn't start running till about 8:15 since parks don't open till 9:00.

As far as getting to GF, I know there are no busses that go between resorts, so I assume we would have to take a bus to a park and then transfer to another bus to GF. If that's the case, I think we'll still Uber or cab it for that trip.

As far as getting to GF, I know there are no busses that go between resorts, so I assume we would have to take a bus to a park and then transfer to another bus to GF. If that's the case, I think we'll still Uber or cab it for that trip.
No, you'd take the bus to MK and then the monorail to GF. If it were later, you'd take the boat from MK to GF, but they likely won't be running that early. Kaytie said to ask the bus driver because sometimes they are able to drop you off at your destination in the early a.m.; if they ask the dispatcher, they might be given a route that picks up at Poly & GF after dropping off at MK.

IS there a thread on Minnie Vans (Lyft I think has the contract)? Where you can pick one up and where they can go? Thank you.

IS there a thread on Minnie Vans (Lyft I think has the contract)? Where you can pick one up and where they can go? Thank you.

Lots of people have started threads on Minnie Vans. My understanding is that if the Minnie Van portion of the Lyft app is activated on your phone, you can be picked up and dropped off anywhere on Disney property. It can only be activated at certain resorts. Some people have reported that the Minnie Van portion of the Lyft app was magically activated as soon as they got to the resort. My experience was that this did not happen; I had to walk over to the Bell Services desk. I gave them my phone number, they entered it into a computer system, and then I could see Minnie Vans as an option on the Lyft app.

The resorts where the Minnie Van portion of the app can be activated are: Yacht Club. Beach Club. Boardwalk. Wilderness Lodge. Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo House & Kidani Village). If the resort has a DVC section, that is included.

The big advantage is that it can drop you off at the Magic Kingdom, rather than having to drop you off at the Transportation & Ticket Center. Perhaps that's why the included resorts are deluxe resorts which are not on the monorail?

The other big advantage is that they have 2 car seats.

The cost is a flat rate $20 for the ride (not per passenger).

The drivers are Disney cast members, and they are not supposed to take tips.

I think that's everything. I'm sure someone will let me know if I missed something.

Hi I looked up in the thread and couldn't find this anywhere:
Are pick up areas relatively close to the lobby at All Stars and AKL? I'm asking because we won't have data, only wifi and I'm worried that if we are on our way to the pick up area when the driver comes, he might leave without us.
Thank you!

Hi I looked up in the thread and couldn't find this anywhere:
Are pick up areas relatively close to the lobby at All Stars and AKL? I'm asking because we won't have data, only wifi and I'm worried that if we are on our way to the pick up area when the driver comes, he might leave without us.
Thank you!

Drivers at both locations should pick up directly outside the lobby.

I've never used Uber and I've gotten some good advice and recommendation on the DIS so i think we'll use this for our transport from Cabana Bay to All Star Sports later this week. So to clarify, I have to register with Uber and download the app, correct? i have to input a credit card. Then when we do our transfer on Sunday, we should request it from CBBR when we're at the lobby and ready to go? They will pick us up at the hotel and drop us at Sports, right? Sorry for all the questions! Thanks!

I've never used Uber and I've gotten some good advice and recommendation on the DIS so i think we'll use this for our transport from Cabana Bay to All Star Sports later this week. So to clarify, I have to register with Uber and download the app, correct? i have to input a credit card. Then when we do our transfer on Sunday, we should request it from CBBR when we're at the lobby and ready to go? They will pick us up at the hotel and drop us at Sports, right? Sorry for all the questions! Thanks!

Correct on all counts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!