Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

Lots of people have started threads on Minnie Vans. My understanding is that if the Minnie Van portion of the Lyft app is activated on your phone, you can be picked up and dropped off anywhere on Disney property. It can only be activated at certain resorts. Some people have reported that the Minnie Van portion of the Lyft app was magically activated as soon as they got to the resort. My experience was that this did not happen; I had to walk over to the Bell Services desk. I gave them my phone number, they entered it into a computer system, and then I could see Minnie Vans as an option on the Lyft app.

The resorts where the Minnie Van portion of the app can be activated are: Yacht Club. Beach Club. Boardwalk. Wilderness Lodge. Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo House & Kidani Village). If the resort has a DVC section, that is included.

The big advantage is that it can drop you off at the Magic Kingdom, rather than having to drop you off at the Transportation & Ticket Center. Perhaps that's why the included resorts are deluxe resorts which are not on the monorail?

The other big advantage is that they have 2 car seats.

The cost is a flat rate $20 for the ride (not per passenger).

The drivers are Disney cast members, and they are not supposed to take tips.

I think that's everything. I'm sure someone will let me know if I missed something.

Lots of people have started threads on Minnie Vans. My understanding is that if the Minnie Van portion of the Lyft app is activated on your phone, you can be picked up and dropped off anywhere on Disney property. It can only be activated at certain resorts. Some people have reported that the Minnie Van portion of the Lyft app was magically activated as soon as they got to the resort. My experience was that this did not happen; I had to walk over to the Bell Services desk. I gave them my phone number, they entered it into a computer system, and then I could see Minnie Vans as an option on the Lyft app.

The resorts where the Minnie Van portion of the app can be activated are: Yacht Club. Beach Club. Boardwalk. Wilderness Lodge. Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo House & Kidani Village). If the resort has a DVC section, that is included.

The big advantage is that it can drop you off at the Magic Kingdom, rather than having to drop you off at the Transportation & Ticket Center. Perhaps that's why the included resorts are deluxe resorts which are not on the monorail?

The other big advantage is that they have 2 car seats.

The cost is a flat rate $20 for the ride (not per passenger).

The drivers are Disney cast members, and they are not supposed to take tips.

I think that's everything. I'm sure someone will let me know if I missed something.
Thank you! Very Helpful. We are staying at AKL, so this will be great!

I've never used Uber and I've gotten some good advice and recommendation on the DIS so i think we'll use this for our transport from Cabana Bay to All Star Sports later this week. So to clarify, I have to register with Uber and download the app, correct? i have to input a credit card....
Actually, you download and install the app first, then you set your account up. Putting the credit card info in is part of the account setup. Check for promotions, etc, because both Uber and Lyft typically offer some kind of deal for new users.

I no longer see Sanford on the list of approved airport pick ups on the Uber website - do they no longer pick up there?

I no longer see Sanford on the list of approved airport pick ups on the Uber website - do they no longer pick up there?
Florida passed a new rideshare law which went into effect July 1, 2017, and Uber is now allowed to pick up ANYWHERE in Florida, including ALL airports and seaports. So, yes Uber picks up at Sanford.

Are Uber/Lyft drivers still allowed to drop off at the CR for those going to MK? Recent experiences? Thanks so much!

Are Uber/Lyft drivers still allowed to drop off at the CR for those going to MK? Recent experiences? Thanks so much!
Technically, by rule, they've not been allowed to drop for this specific reason ever. But, they can drop at CR, no specific reason needed. So, you can go to CR for a drop off. Then once you get to CR you can do whatever you want, including walking to MK.

I need to be at the Animal Kingdom Lodge by 6:45 am for the Sense of Africa tour. I will be coming from the Wilderness Lodge. Are there any availability issues with getting Uber or Lyft that early?

I need to be at the Animal Kingdom Lodge by 6:45 am for the Sense of Africa tour. I will be coming from the Wilderness Lodge. Are there any availability issues with getting Uber or Lyft that early?
No, shouldn't be a problem.

Where does Uber pick up at Disney Springs? Thank you.

Edited to add: found the answer in the first post. Apologies, I should have been more thorough in my research! :flower3:

Last edited:
We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside in October and thinking of using Uber. Is the first post still correct where they can pick you up from your building instead of having to go to the main lobby if you text them?

We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside in October and thinking of using Uber. Is the first post still correct where they can pick you up from your building instead of having to go to the main lobby if you text them?
Yes, they can access the individual buildings at Riverside, no problem. There are no internal gates.

Sorry if this has been asked before...Using Uber, about how long would it take to go form Loews Royal Pacific Hotel to Animal Kingdom?

Thanks!

I have an etiquette question. Do people usually sit in the back or front? I used Uber today (in my home town) and was picked up by a woman in a Ford Focus. It was just me so I hopped in the backseat. The car is small to begin with and the front seat was crammed all the way back so my knees were up against the back of the seat. Do people usually sit in front in small cars?

Secondly, when should you ding someone a point in your feedback? She didn’t notice that the front seat was all the way back and that I was uncomfortable, she took off before I even buckled my seatbelt, she had the windows down the the cold morning air was blowing on me (I asked her to roll them up) and the music was really loud. Apparently others have complemented her on her taste in music. It wasn’t bad, just loud so there could be no conversation even if I wanted one. I’m just annoyed so I have not left her feedback yet because I’m not sure if I’m just being a snowflake lol.

I have an etiquette question. Do people usually sit in the back or front? I used Uber today (in my home town) and was picked up by a woman in a Ford Focus. It was just me so I hopped in the backseat. The car is small to begin with and the front seat was crammed all the way back so my knees were up against the back of the seat. Do people usually sit in front in small cars?

Secondly, when should you ding someone a point in your feedback? She didn’t notice that the front seat was all the way back and that I was uncomfortable, she took off before I even buckled my seatbelt, she had the windows down the the cold morning air was blowing on me (I asked her to roll them up) and the music was really loud. Apparently others have complemented her on her taste in music. It wasn’t bad, just loud so there could be no conversation even if I wanted one. I’m just annoyed so I have not left her feedback yet because I’m not sure if I’m just being a snowflake lol.
You should be welcome to sit in the front seat if you wish. For singe riders, I'd say about 1 out of 5 choose the front seat. Of course, for a party of 4, one rider has to be up front. If the driver has any "stuff" sitting on the seat, they should be quick to move it when you open the front door.

It doesn't sound like the driver did anything really bad, just a bit thoughtless. If she had refused to close the windows when you asked, that would have been cause for a bad rating. You absolutely should feel free to let the driver know if you'd like the music louder or softer, or if you want the seat moved. We're up front; we don't know how the climate or music is in the back seat. (I got a comment once about the music being too loud, and I scratched my head wondering why the rider hadn't said something.) The seat may have been pushed back by a previous rider who sat up front, and she might just have forgotten to move it forward afterwards (I've been guilty of that myself.)

You should be welcome to sit in the front seat if you wish. For singe riders, I'd say about 1 out of 5 choose the front seat. Of course, for a party of 4, one rider has to be up front. If the driver has any "stuff" sitting on the seat, they should be quick to move it when you open the front door.

It doesn't sound like the driver did anything really bad, just a bit thoughtless. If she had refused to close the windows when you asked, that would have been cause for a bad rating. You absolutely should feel free to let the driver know if you'd like the music louder or softer, or if you want the seat moved. We're up front; we don't know how the climate or music is in the back seat. (I got a comment once about the music being too loud, and I scratched my head wondering why the rider hadn't said something.) The seat may have been pushed back by a previous rider who sat up front, and she might just have forgotten to move it forward afterwards (I've been guilty of that myself.)
Yeah, thoughtless covers it. Nothing really bad except not waiting for me to buckle up. It was more like a death of a thousand cuts: lots of little things in a 10 minute drive. I didn’t ask her to turn down the music because I already complained about the windows. I have taken Uber a number of times and the music has never ever been so loud I could not converse with the driver.

I’ll probably just not rate her. I certainly didn’t tip her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!