Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

So you can't book in advance and lock in a rate? Seems too iffy to me? I downloaded the Uber app and was trying to search their site for more info
There is no way to lock in an Uber price by pre-booking. But when you are preparing to actually ORDER the ride, the price you are quoted will be the price you actually pay. And it doesn't matter if there are traffic delays (additional time) or the driver has to detour and takes a longer route -- the price you are quoted is the price you pay. So there is nothing "iffy" about your price. It may vary from an earlier estimate, but not your actual quoted price.

When you are charging $130 for a towncar, you can afford to guarantee locked in prices. Not with taxis or rideshare.

"Surge" is what Uber calls its dynamic pricing. If demand outstrips supply, prices rise. The effect of a surge is to draw additional drivers to that location, which drives the price back down. You should not have to worry about surges at the airport. You might get surging around park closings or large events.

...does Uber or Lyft pick up at the airport now?
Yes, ALL categories of both Lyft and Uber now pick up at MCO as of July 1,2017 when Florida's new rideshare law went into effect.
How can I get an estimate of the roundtrip cost, comparing to say 130.00 at Tiffany Town car.
Just get the estimate from RideGuru and double it. The prices each way won't be exactly the same, but they'll be very close. Round trip with Uber, you're looking at roughly $50-$60.

No, you can not lock in a rate.
I don't consider it iffy at all. It's so far lower than any other service there's simply no risk involved, even if there were surge pricing (which, in all our trips and all our times using Lyft and Uber, we've seen 1 time)

This, also, even in the most intense surge period you are going to be under $130 rt from one of the WDW resorts to MCO, especially if using UberX. We took UberX numerous times last week and this week while we were in WDW because my husband was saving his steps for the Dopey races (a lot of the exact same routes too), and all of our charges were within $2 for the same route across the 8 day period.

No, you can not lock in a rate.
I don't consider it iffy at all. It's so far lower than any other service there's simply no risk involved, even if there were surge pricing (which, in all our trips and all our times using Lyft and Uber, we've seen 1 time)
Just meant we won't have a premade reservation with a price, not that the service was iffy... sorry! Just different from the way we normally book our disney stuff. I get it though! its a different service! Thanks!!!

Yes, ALL categories of both Lyft and Uber now pick up at MCO as of July 1,2017 when Florida's new rideshare law went into effect. Just get the estimate from RideGuru and double it. The prices each way won't be exactly the same, but they'll be very close. Round trip with Uber, you're looking at roughly $50-$60.
the estimate was about 25. one way so doubling that would be 50, and then roundtrip would be about 100.

This, also, even in the most intense surge period you are going to be under $130 rt from one of the WDW resorts to MCO, especially if using UberX. We took UberX numerous times last week and this week while we were in WDW because my husband was saving his steps for the Dopey races (a lot of the exact same routes too), and all of our charges were within $2 for the same route across the 8 day period.
thanks!!! Quote from Tiffany Town car is 130.00 so uberX would be a little less just not booked ahead. Thanks everyone for answering my question!

There is no way to lock in an Uber price by pre-booking. But when you are preparing to actually ORDER the ride, the price you are quoted will be the price you actually pay. And it doesn't matter if there are traffic delays (additional time) or the driver has to detour and takes a longer route -- the price you are quoted is the price you pay. So there is nothing "iffy" about your price. It may vary from an earlier estimate, but not your actual quoted price.

When you are charging $130 for a towncar, you can afford to guarantee locked in prices. Not with taxis or rideshare.

"Surge" is what Uber calls its dynamic pricing. If demand outstrips supply, prices rise. The effect of a surge is to draw additional drivers to that location, which drives the price back down. You should not have to worry about surges at the airport. You might get surging around park closings or large events.
Thank you for your reply, its very helpful information!

Surge pricing/Prime Time is fluid. Depends on supply and demand. I was debating going somewhere one night and periodically checked the Lyft app. About 7:30 on a Saturday evening, they went to primetime pricing. Within 20 minutes it was back to normal.

Another time, I needed a ride in a downpour. Mid-afternoon on a Monday, again primetime.

After reading that Lyft doesn't have car seats and Uber is slowly getting rid of their car seat availability, we bought a Bubblebum. Would either of those companies and drivers have an issue if we wanted to use it with their service?

After reading that Lyft doesn't have car seats and Uber is slowly getting rid of their car seat availability, we bought a Bubblebum. Would either of those companies and drivers have an issue if we wanted to use it with their service?
They do not. I have one I used. That seat is perfectly safe and legal. They'd have no reason to refuse.

They do not. I have one I used. That seat is perfectly safe and legal. They'd have no reason to refuse.

I have never used either service before, but we might use them once or twice down at WDW. Is there a certain field we can populate in the app, or is it important to let the driver know in advance we will be using a BubbleBum? Not sure if it was something they would need to know beforehand...

Thanks AngiTN! I certainly appreciate all of your help and advice!

Last edited:
I have never used either service before, but we might use them once or twice down at WDW. Is there a certain field we can populate in the app, or is it important to let the driver know in advance we will be using a BubbleBum? Not sure if it was something they would need to know beforehand...

Thanks AngiTN! I certainly appreciate all of your help and advice!
No, it won't matter. They attach quickly with just a seat belt. You'll have plenty of time to have it inflated while you wait on the car. Only takes a few moments.

Glad to help where I can. Have a great trip. I never used Uber or Lyft till Disney but it's really easy

You can get an Uber from the Sanford airport to a Disney Resort, correct? I believe it is a long ride, but double checking.

Hello again uber/ lyft topic,

One more question before trying out Uber for the first time tomorrow.
If there are multiple destination listings for Hollywood Studios, I think there are four listed, does it matter which I select?
One is labeled main entrance, is this the one I should select?

I guess I have a second question.
Is 7am usually enough time to reach Hollywood Studios from Coronado for a 8:10am ADR?

Thanks for any replies for our questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter