Every Mile is a Miracle

I love that you're using the Countdown face. I have it downloaded and set up for WDW Marathon, and I'll probably switch to it after baseball season ends.

In terms of iPhone vs. Android (and apparently AW vs. Vivo) ... I think it's a matter of how your brain works. If you're someone who likes thinkgs orderly and well-presented, you do better with Apple products. If you're someone who likes to delve deep into how something works and figure out how to best use it to your personal advantage, you do better with Windows/Android/whatever. But that's just my theory based on how hard it was for me to learn Mac OS.

In terms of interval pace - have you gotten to the point of customizing data fields? When you go to start the workout, before you actually start, you can tap on "settings" and edit the data fields, so you can have it show lap pace, which I think should be interval pace, but I'm not 100% sure. I do know that when you view the workout in Garmin connect it shows you the time, distance, and pace for each interval.

I was actually really surprised by how light the watch is ... it's bigger than my FR10, but also much lighter and more comfortable. It's even more comfortable than my regular watch - I used to take off my watch as soon as I got to work because I couldn't type with it on, and I've been able to type with this with no problems.

I love that you wore all three tracking devices, that is completely something I would do. LOL. The new watch is so pretty! I think I need a new watch too ::yes::

In terms of interval pace - have you gotten to the point of customizing data fields? When you go to start the workout, before you actually start, you can tap on "settings" and edit the data fields, so you can have it show lap pace, which I think should be interval pace, but I'm not 100% sure. I do know that when you view the workout in Garmin connect it shows you the time, distance, and pace for each interval.
All I could find was setting the lap to a distance, which doesn't work when my intervals aren't consistently the same distance (eg .75 run & .50 rest). I may just need to dig around a little more. I have completely taken off my AW and don't really miss it. I need to figure out how to control what notifications I see because seeing them all is annoying. But so far, I am happy.

I think I need a new watch too ::yes::
Mmmm hmmmm. Yup. But I am still dying over your husband's comment on the Minnie shoes. LOL.

Hey guys, remember that one time, about a month ago, I tried to PR my 10k at a race where the course was like 300ft elevation gain for the first 3 miles and I hated everything about it? (But yes, I did PR...) Well in a few weeks there is a race in Vegas that sounds pretty similar to it, but instead of a 300ft gain, it's a 440ft gain in like 100* heat, and yeah, I am totally thinking about doing it. I mean, it's called Running with the Devil, first off. I have to run 7 miles that day anyway. I'll do damn near anything for a medal. And I already know how much a race like this sucks. So why not, am I right?

Hey guys, remember that one time, about a month ago, I tried to PR my 10k at a race where the course was like 300ft elevation gain for the first 3 miles and I hated everything about it? (But yes, I did PR...) Well in a few weeks there is a race in Vegas that sounds pretty similar to it, but instead of a 300ft gain, it's a 440ft gain in like 100* heat, and yeah, I am totally thinking about doing it. I mean, it's called Running with the Devil, first off. I have to run 7 miles that day anyway. I'll do damn near anything for a medal. And I already know how much a race like this sucks. So why not, am I right?

Girl... you cray. I am hot just reading this... and my legs hurt.

That being said.. Go for it!!! ::yes::

Girl... you cray. I am hot just reading this... and my legs hurt.

That being said.. Go for it!!! ::yes::
YOLO!

This race sounds like a crazy idea.
You should do it.
I really feel like my races have a theme this year, haha.
LOL! Well, I ordered the watch. ANDDDD I shipped it to my parents' house! :cool1: Here's to hoping my husband doesn't even notice the beautiful new piece of technology on my arm!

I mean, how many chances do you get to run with the devil? Go for it!
TOTALLY saw you post it on IG! Congrats! It's beautiful. Also, right?! I gotta do it.

I’m tired, hot and sweaty with sore legs just reading about that race!
Mine too. So I'll just take one for the team.

Double plus bonus: if I were to register for this race online it would cost $49, or I can not register and make up my mind if I want to do it that weekend and only pay $50 day of. ALSO, this race weekend is both Saturday and Sunday and includes a 5k, 10k, Half, Full, 50 Miler, 100 Miler all on Saturday and also a 5k, 10k, Half, and 50k on Sunday. Not a lot of people sign up for the short races on Sunday so I would probably be able to get Age Group placement by default. Hahahaha. So it's still up in the air, but definitely a fun possibility.

Week 3 DBP3 Report 6/4 - 6/10
Mon 6/4 - 1 mi @ EA (11:45)
Tue 6/5 - 4 mi @ EB (10:58) BLIND
Wed 6/6 - .5 mi @ WU (12:29) + 4 x .75 mi @ HMS (9:14) w/.5 mi RI @ WU + .5 mi @ CD (12:29)
Thurs 6/7 - 4 mi @ EA (11:45)
Fri 6/8 - 1 mi @ EA (11:45) & Swim
Sat 6/9 - 5 mi @ EB (10:58) + Strides
Sun 6/10 - 6 mi @ LR (10:35)

What. A. Week. Amiright? (Posting this a day late for emphasis.)

Monday: Monday is technically a rest day, so I still sleep in a bit because I know it doesn't take me too long to get in my Run Streak one miler. But that means I run after 6:30am and why is it already an uncomfortable temperature that early in the morning?!
Plan - 1 mi @ EA (11:45)
Actual - 1.04 @ 11:05

Tuesday: Coach brought back Blind Runs like I missed them or something. Fun fact about blind runs: I usually run them too fast. Fun fact about this blind run: I ran it too slow.
Plan - 4 mi @ EB (10:58) BLIND
Actual - 4.07 mi @ 11:29
Splits - 11:30, 11:17, 11:55, 11:37

Wednesday: For Global Running Day I had a scheduled track workout. This was also my break-in run for my Vivoactive 3 that I got in the night before. I am still working out the kinks, but I took my Apple Watch off and haven't put it back on yet.
Plan - .5 mi @ WU (12:29) + 4 x .75 mi @ HMS (9:14) w/.5 mi RI @ WU + .5 mi @ CD (12:29)
Actual -
.5 mi @ 11:07
.75 mi @ 9:03
.5 mi @ 11:00
.75 mi @ 8:55
.5 mi @ 11:02
.75 mi @ 8:51
.5 mi @ 11:02
.75 mi @ 9:20
.5 mi @ 11:26

Of course I ran too fast, until the last interval when my husband text me "Call me when you can" and that never sounds good. Luckily it was just about our new washer and dryer that was being delivered.

Thursday: Once in a while you need one of those runs that makes you question everything. I was having a bad week. (It's been a bad year, really, but who is counting.) And running is what I use as my therapy. I don't want to talk to people, but sometimes talking to myself is really unhelpful. This run drained me. I am mentally exhausted. I walked a lot. I cried a lot. But I did my miles and called it a day.
Plan - 4 mi @ EA (11:45)
Actual - 4.01 @ 12:57
Splits - 11:02, 10:57, 14:48, 15:20

Friday: Still not feeling like myself. Skipped my swim. Ran my one mile to keep my Run Streak alive.
Plan - 1 mi @ EA (11:45)
Actual - 1.06 @ 11:11

Saturday: Busy morning but squeezed it in. It was hot.
Plan - 5 mi @ EB (10:58) + Strides
Actual - 5.01 @ 10:59
Splits - 10:21, 10:18, 11:33, 11:34, 11:13

Sunday: Finally a run that I felt good about. I was running on minimal sleep and kind of on a time crunch. But the weather was absolutely perfect! I was a little too fast but it felt so good. I felt like I could have ran forever.
Plan - 6 mi @ LR (10:35)
Actual - 6 mi @ 10:18
Splits - 10:17, 10:02, 10:52, 10:26, 10:15, 9:52

3/17 weeks done. 96 days until the NAFHALF. But that seems so far away so there are a few races I am thinking about throwing into my training plan this month and in August. Maybe. Possibly. Until then I am just going to sit here and be extra salty that Dopey registration is still over a month away.

This morning I had a speed workout on the track. When I run, I use my Garmin and my Runkeeper app. I usually get all my data from my run from my Runkeeper app before I had my Garmin. However, today my numbers on my Runkeeper and my Garmin are like really far off from each other and I don't know who to believe. My RK app is saying I hit my intervals at 8:52, 8:52, 8:56 and my Garmin is saying 9:04, 9:12, 9:13. Like obviously I want to believe my RK because running a mile at those paces is awesome. Plus it's what I have been trusting for these workouts for forever. But I just want the thoughts of my peers. What do you guys think?

A) What does RunKeeper use? Phone GPS? That's sometimes not super reliable.
B) I think there's a setting on the garmin that you have to change for better accuracy. I dont remember what it is. But a settings issue could explain some of the discrepancy.

B) I think there's a setting on the garmin that you have to change for better accuracy. I dont remember what it is. But a settings issue could explain some of the discrepancy.

I remember changing my stride on my Fitbit, but never did it on my Garmin...time to go research. I agree that I think the Garmin would be more accurate than your phone, either way those are awesome paces in the heat you run in!

I remember changing my stride on my Fitbit, but never did it on my Garmin...time to go research. I agree that I think the Garmin would be more accurate than your phone, either way those are awesome paces in the heat you run in!

I think its something about how often it checks for GPS data. I wish I remembered what the setting was called... hopefully someone else will know.

You're looking for one second GPS. Mine is under settings, system, GPS, every second. It uses no more battery life but collects a larger data file.

As for comparing the two. Were you running on a 400m track from the inside lane? You could always look at which shows you completeing 4 laps per mile at same start and end. More often than not, the Garmin will be more accurate since it should take more measurements per time frame. But GPS does struggle with a track because of the constant turns.

Yeah Runkeeper uses my phones GPS. But does this mean that all the rest of my workouts on this same track at about the same time have been inaccurate? Maybe I'm not as fast as I think I am?!! Current status: googling Garmin settings....

It was only like 75* this morning, so not too hot, but thanks! :)

You're looking for one second GPS. Mine is under settings, system, GPS, every second. It uses no more battery life but collects a larger data file.

As for comparing the two. Were you running on a 400m track from the inside lane? You could always look at which shows you completeing 4 laps per mile at same start and end. More often than not, the Garmin will be more accurate since it should take more measurements per time frame. But GPS does struggle with a track because of the constant turns.
*Cancel google search* Okay, found it and changed my settings, thanks Coach!

No, I wasn't running on the inside lane today because someone else was on the track. I started in lane 3 and ended in lane 1. I know, that's terrible for managing my GPS accuracy problems. I did feel my Garmin pause twice, I believe, while I grabbed a drink from my water bottle and my RK didn't pause so they got off sync a bit by that. My miles never end where I begin because I usually never run in lane 1. But when I am looking at the maps, RK looks more accurately spaced and the Garmin seems all over the place. And for some reason I cannot upload pictures to show you. Ugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter