Every Mile is a Miracle

Yikes at being chased by a bum!

Congrats for finishing the run streak!

Sounds like a fun vacation ... just maybe stay away from the all you can eat hot dogs next time :)
Also, I love that Bay was a condiment! The major league teams around here dont do that and we started going to minor league games when I was too old for the fun shtick. I'm always a little jealous of the kids who do those things.

Great job getting most of your runs in despite the busy schedule.
But what is this RunBet thing? Is it like DietBet? Because I cant do diet bet (I eat too much to lose weight), but I might be able to swing a RunBet...

I researched this RunBet thing and I am very intrigued. How do you like it?? That would definitely help keep me motivated I think!

Finally caught up. Sounds like you had a great mini-vacay. Days off from the real world are always the best. Going back to work - not so much.

Yikes at being chased by a bum!
I KNOW RIGHT. It wasn't far but it was enough to spook me and take a detour.

But what is this RunBet thing? Is it like DietBet? Because I cant do diet bet (I eat too much to lose weight), but I might be able to swing a RunBet...
I researched this RunBet thing and I am very intrigued. How do you like it?? That would definitely help keep me motivated I think!
YUP. Just like DietBet but you can pick a running schedule. So I just picked one that follows my training plan since that's a for sure win. And then when life happens, at least I have something to motivate me to not skip a run completely. I have only finished 1 bet and made like $1.40 on it, so this one that I am on now was a larger bet and bigger payout. I should probably get like $8 by the end, haha. It's not a lot but it's something.

Finally caught up. Sounds like you had a great mini-vacay. Days off from the real world are always the best. Going back to work - not so much.
Preach it. Already looking forward to the weekend. Haha.

One of my favorite parts about racing is finding the perfect outfit to wear on race day! And I thought what better way to spend the last few minutes at work than planning my outfit for my half that is 66 days away!

Since it's the Navy Air Force Half Marathon, I decided to show my Navy Pride. I am going to find a Navy tank top to pair with my yellow/gold Sparkle Skirt. AND THEN, because I lost my original one from when I was on my ship, I found a replacement ball cap that I have been trying to find for years anyway.

sdf.JPG

I am pretty excited about this. And also excited about not waiting until last minute.

A) I love your outfit idea!! So perfect!
B) I googled your ship and I'm super excited that you served on an aircraft carrier (although really, I should have gotten that from the picture on the hat without needing to involve google...). Aircraft carriers are the best ships :)

I’m soooo far behind but wanted to say that I love the idea of your run outfit! Still hope we can meet up while you’re here!

A) I love your outfit idea!! So perfect!
B) I googled your ship and I'm super excited that you served on an aircraft carrier (although really, I should have gotten that from the picture on the hat without needing to involve google...). Aircraft carriers are the best ships :)
Way back when I was a wee little Sailor in boot camp, I had a Master Chief (way high up enlisted dude) come up to me and tell me the best thing I could do for my Navy career was to go on an Aircraft Carrier for my first duty station and get all my qualifications. So I worked really hard in my training school and I was top of the class which meant I had first pick of duty stations at the end of the class. I wanted to stay on the west coast to be kind of close to home, and there was an Aircraft Carrier that was stationed in San Diego and would be moving up to Washington State in a year. Sounded great to me! I loved my time on that ship so much. The friends, the travel, the experience. It was awesome. And I did get all my qualifications on that ship, just like that Master Chief told me to do. I should have stayed in. It was probably the only thing I was good at. I made rank so fast. I would have been able to retire in like 5 years if I was still in. Siiiiiiiiigh.

I’m soooo far behind but wanted to say that I love the idea of your run outfit! Still hope we can meet up while you’re here!
YES!! I still really wanna meet up with you! <3

I just got contacts and it's REALLY WEIRD.

Yeah, it's definitely an adjustment.
When I first got contacts I actually wore my glasses more than I wore my contacts. I mostly only wore my contacts to bio lab because microscopes + glasses can be super awkward. Now I mostly wear my contacts, but I do wear my glasses around the house a lot (and at the end of very long days at Magic Kingdom).

Yeah, it's definitely an adjustment.
When I first got contacts I actually wore my glasses more than I wore my contacts. I mostly only wore my contacts to bio lab because microscopes + glasses can be super awkward. Now I mostly wear my contacts, but I do wear my glasses around the house a lot (and at the end of very long days at Magic Kingdom).
I will most likely wear my glasses most of the time, but I wanted contacts as an option. And so I can wear sunglasses and see where I am going. And maybe during races. It really is weird though and I am thankful they gave me a lesson because WOW they were hard to get in.

I will most likely wear my glasses most of the time, but I wanted contacts as an option. And so I can wear sunglasses and see where I am going. And maybe during races. It really is weird though and I am thankful they gave me a lesson because WOW they were hard to get in.

Not sure if I should tell you this, but ... it took me two hours to get them out the first time. It was crazy.
Now it's much easier. But when I first got them I struggled a lot with getting them in and out.

Wait till you have the dream where the contact lenses are as big as dinner plates and you have to get them in!

I wore contacts for 20 years until my eyes said 'enough'. I had LASIK surgery about 15 years ago. Talk about weird! Best $$$ I ever spent.

My motivation is struggling. Especially on the weekends. I skipped another run this weekend. Ugh. Life has gotten me down. I wish that Marathon Weekend was closer than it really is. Ugh.

Week 8 DBP#3 Report 7/9 - 7/15
Monday 7/9:
Rest Day

Tuesday 7/10: Humidity has been insane here because of our monsoon season, but we aren't getting any of the rain so it's just hot and humid and sunny and it sucks. Plus, I forget to adjust for T&D, so it double sucks.
Plan: 4 mi @ EB (10:58)
Actual: 4.01 mi @ 10:54

Wednesday 7/11: Definitely nailed this workout and loved almost every second of it. Almost. Because it was still a hard workout.
Plan: 1 mi @ WU + 3 mi @ HM Tempo (9:24) + 1 mi @ CD
Splits: 11:03, 9:17, 9:23, 9:21, 10:48

Thursday 7/12: The thing about life is that when it gets rough, I just let go. I fade away. I stop taking care of myself. So I didn't eat dinner Wednesday night and then on my run Thursday I got super sick and had to walk a bit. No food plus humidity equals not good.
Plan: 4 mi @ EA (11:45)
Actual: 4.01 mi @ 12:03

Friday 7/13: Rest Day

Saturday 7/14: We had a friend in town, we all went out drinking Friday night, it ended badly, my car is still parked downtown on Monday, I got minimal amounts of sleep but decided to try to run anyway. It was mid morning and hot AF. I almost died, except I remembered that you have a better chance of dying from over-hydration vs dehydration, so I would have just passed out on the hot road until someone found me. I called my husband for a ride home before I even hit 5 miles. PLUS, I was trying to adjust for the T&D, which was 154, but my body refused to run slow. RE-FUSED. Whatever. So over this weather. Bonus: forgot this was supposed to be a blind run. I need a do-over.
Plan: 5 mi @ EB (10:58) BLIND
Actual: 4.45 @ 11:41
Splits: 10:17, 10:17, 10:27, 11:44 BLAH

Sunday 7/15: Skipped it. Just didn't do it. Ugh.
Plan: 5 mi @ LR (10:35)
Actual: Nope

It's a new week with some big mileage, so I need to get my head in the game. My brain is my enemy right now and I am doing the best that I can. Just trying to focus on the good. Thursday is gonna be a big day for me and it can't get here fast enough.

Sorry, I feel like this post has been a super downer. I am thankful for my friends I have made on here that help me through though. Y'all mean a lot to me. <3

Sorry life is being a jerk right now. I just want to hide in my bed and eat my feelings when I feel like life has kicked me to the curb.

I didn't realize you got a monsoon season where you are. I just thought it was hot and dry all year long. I probably need to go back to geography class. I think I slept through it the first time.

I just want to hide in my bed and eat my feelings when I feel like life has kicked me to the curb.
SAAAAME. Which I will probably do every night this week.

I didn't realize you got a monsoon season where you are.
Haha, yup! Every July & August. We haven't gotten very much rain this year. Usually it floods the whole town. We still have time for that to happen though. I am looking forward to this humidity to go away!!

Wait till you have the dream where the contact lenses are as big as dinner plates and you have to get them in!

I wore contacts for 20 years until my eyes said 'enough'. I had LASIK surgery about 15 years ago. Talk about weird! Best $$$ I ever spent.

Or when you lose your first contact and are freaking out that it may have rolled behind your eyeball...no? Just me?

I had LASIK done in November and I agree, best $$ spent. Not sure why I waited so long.

My motivation is struggling. Especially on the weekends. I skipped another run this weekend. Ugh. Life has gotten me down. I wish that Marathon Weekend was closer than it really is. Ugh.

:( :hug:
But ... It's almost registration day! That's exciting! We've only been waiting three months for this! (well, really more, but it's only 3 months after we expected it...)

Seriously, though ... I know all about life getting you down and just not wanting to run. If you need anything at all, I'm here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter