Every Mile is a Miracle

tenor.gif

In the words of Olaf, "dry banana hippy hat"
I hope someone was making the day a perfect day for you

I finally have time to sit and read journals and there’s nothing here :sad:
I KNOW! I have totally been slacking on my journal but sticking to my training plan so at least there's that!! I was gonna do a catch up post this weekend and try to get back into it next week.

*Blows off the dust*

Oh hiiii there. What a month. First off, thanks for all of the birthday wishes that I just did not reply to. Oops. Now, I wanted to do a little recap of my life and then maybe start to try to update this thing again, although I have been doing pretty well without needing it as accountability.

March Totals
Miles - 84.34
Time Spent - 14:46:03
Avg. Pace - 10:36
YTD - 187.65

I am definitely behind on my miles for the year to hit my goal of 1200 miles, but I keep telling myself I will make up for it with Marathon training this summer. Wait, what? Yeah. WDW Marathon was fun and I didn't hate the distance, so I decided that I am going to do a non-Disney Marathon and see how that is. But more on that later.

Life Updates:
For March (and "for Lent" although I am not religious and will make up my own Lent rules) I decided to give up booze and added sugar. One of these was a lot harder than the other and it probably isn't the one you think. Of the two, I miss sweets SO MUCH. Like I am dreaming of the treats I am going to eat when I go to NOLA this month (more on that later too). Booze was easy. I don't even really miss it. But I have so much good wine at home I can't wait to crack and appreciate now. I am going to hold out a few more days and then start drinking again this weekend as we planned a beer share with some friends and Sunday is National Beer Day. But after that, I don't think I am going to be drinking as much and definitely keeping it to more of a social event. As for the sugar, I want to keep obsessively checking labels because I think there is a huge sugar problem in America and I am over it. Yesterday I made biscuits and gravy from scratch and for breakfast instead of buying a package of Grands Biscuits and a packaged mix of gravy because both of them have sugar in them. Why? Because it makes your food more addicting, I guess.
Anyway, in the end, I lost 5.5lbs which is okay. I was hoping for more but oh well.

Race Updates:
I am currently on another @DopeyBadger plan with the goals of a sub 2 hour HM and sub 1 hour 10k packed into one happy plan. We have had to modify some stuff due to life and travel changes, but I finally signed up for the HM I am training for: The Revel Run Mt. Charleston HM in Vegas on 4/27. This race is all downhill which, you know, is a huge difference than most of my races from last year that were all uphill. I am still on the fence about how I feel getting a PR on a fully downhill race but whatever.... Following that I was planning on doing a 10k in May but it's currently up in the air because of baseball season. I am still going to train for it and maybe even just run a mock 10k to see if I can sub 1 hour it anyway. But after that the focus will turn to Marathon Training! I am planning on doing the Long Beach Marathon on October 13th. After that you will find me at Wine and Dine doing all the races. Then I will most likely be doing the Rock N Roll Vegas Half Marathon. I am gonna try to maybe do the Hot Chocolate 15k in Scottsdale, AZ in December. And then I guess I am going back to WDW Marathon weekend for whatever isn't sold out when I feel like buying my bibs. (Chants: *I will not sign up in April*)

Travel Updates:
I am not a fan of staying in the same place for too long. I am always on the go. My next trip is in two weeks to New Orleans to see @Keels for her birthday and also see what the big fuss is about this city that she loves so much! Two weeks after that we are going to Vegas to see some friends and catch a Minor League Baseball Game at the new Las Vegas Aviator's Stadium. The next weekend we will be in Philly for a wedding. The weekend after that we are going to my husband's cousin's college graduation in Flagstaff. The next weekend we are probably going to Phoenix to finally catch a Diamondback's game. Then a few weeks after that my husband got me tickets to a Grateful Dead show in California! As much as I want to squeeze some Disneyland time in, we probably won't and instead will hit up some adult places we have wanted to go for a while. AND THEN I think we are home for a few weeks. WHEW.

Training Updates:
Like I said, I have done really well with my training (at least during March). I have had some new intervals that have been kicking my butt though. You know, in a good way. This week is an easy one but here is what I have on deck:

Monday 4/1 - 4 mi @ EA 11:21
Tuesday 4/2 - 4 mi @ EB 10:36 + Strides
Wednesday 4/3 - 1.5 mi @ WU + (3x200m @ R 7:23 w/200m RI) + (3x300m @ R 7:23 w/300m RI) + (3x200m @ R 7:23 w/200m RI) + 1 mi @ CD
Thursday 4/4 - OFF
Friday 4/5 - 4 mi @ EB 10:36 + Strides
Saturday 4/6 - 5 mi @ LR 10:19
Sunday 4/7 - OFF

Next week is gonna be crazy but I will worry about that mess later.

Anyway, thanks for reading all this I guess. Haha. Time to go catch up on what everyone else is up to...

Hi!! Long time no see :)

I’m excited to see how you half goes. All downhill sounds great, but it’s probably hard on your legs after a while. Hopefully it won’t be too bad and you’ll get that sub-2 HM!

Your travel schedule is making me exhausted just reading about it. Looks like you have a lot of fun stuff going on! I’m interested to hear what you think about the new stadium in Vegas.

Also … I’m on the fence about RNR Vegas. On the one hand, it’s a course I want to do, and since I’m mostly retiring from distance after this year (with the occasional exception), I don’t know if there will be another opportunity. On the other hand, it’s 2 weeks after the NYC marathon. Sigh.

I sub 2 is a sub 2 no matter how you get it! Have a beignet for me! The only ones I’ve ever had were at POFQ and I wasn’t impressed. Let me know how the real deal are!

Have a beignet for me! The only ones I’ve ever had were at POFQ and I wasn’t impressed. Let me know how the real deal are!
The real deal is amazing! Sadly they will change what you expect from a beignet and will no longer enjoy PODQ (or DLR ones if you ever make it there) anywhere near as much! @jennamfeo they are worth every calorie, and were a culinary highlight from our 2017 holiday. Yes they are that good. Coffee was rubbish.

487BD836-EACA-47F0-B924-0B3408076AB5.jpeg

I'm behind on reading journals so glad you hadn't posted much. :P

You are doing great on your training and I don't have any doubt you can get a sub-2 time for the half and sub-hour for your 10k. Can't wait to read about your success.

I think you'll love NOLA. It's a fantastic city and just so utterly unique compared to any other city in the country that I've seen. Cafe Du Monde is amazing as well and a fantastic place to just hang out and people watch and drink coffee and eat tons of sugar.

On the topic of sugar...a few years ago we did a Whole 30 regimen that REALLY opened my eyes to how much sugar is added to food. Foods that you can't even figure out WHY there is sugar in there. It's no wonder our country struggle so much with obesity and diabetes. Sugar is everywhere. It was a great learning process for us. We aren't as strict about sugar as we were and we need to get back to that. We mostly just stick with a low carb approach when we are trying to lose weight and eat better and it works really well when we are strict about it. I end up missing sweets less than I do things like chips and salsa or potatoes, but I have become a huge fan of cauliflower (which I used to hate) and while it's a lie that it tastes like potatoes or rice or pasta or whatever, I do find that now I like that taste of it with the various ways I fix it and I don't miss those other side dishes like I used to. All that said, we have failed miserably at it this winter and just now trying to get back on board.

All of which makes me think I should start journaling again because I've been a total slacker...

I have been loving your insta-story posts of your runs, the scenery is always so pretty!

I'm also very impressed by your no-sugar and no-alcohol. Last summer I went on a pretty big low-carb/minimal sugar kick and should think about doing that again... I've been hitting the Reese's eggs hard...

So many fun travel and race plans ahead... Cheering you on for your races (and beignet eating)! :)

I’m interested to hear what you think about the new stadium in Vegas.
IT HAS A POOL!!! So now my goal is figure out how to get seats in the pool! But it looks really nice so I am excited. The old stadium wasn't even that bad though. I am still confused as to why they shut it down.

A sub 2 is a sub 2 no matter how you get it!
I definitely need to pound that into my brain. ;)

The real deal is amazing!
I can't wait!!

I have become a huge fan of cauliflower (which I used to hate) and while it's a lie that it tastes like potatoes or rice or pasta or whatever, I do find that now I like that taste of it with the various ways I fix it and I don't miss those other side dishes like I used to.
The only thing I have been able to substitute with cauliflower and like it was making "Cauliflower Fried Rice". Even Bay likes it!

I've been hitting the Reese's eggs hard...
I cannot waittttt to have one of those.

Wow what a busy week and I am rolling right into another busy week (repeat forever). But as long as I get all my workouts in that's all that matters.

Monday 4/1 - Planned: 4 mi @ EA 11:21 / Actual: 4.01 @ 11:18
Nothing special -- just a run.
IMG_5054.jpg

Tuesday 4/2 - Planned: 4 mi @ EB 10:36 + Strides / Actual: 4.01 @ 10:23
Focused on my downhill running form since I have that Revel race in a few weeks. Did some abs and arms during my lunch break. Watched Space Jam with Bay. I definitely thought that movie was going to be a lot more terrible because I remembered liking it as a kid. Haha.
IMG_4964.jpg

Wednesday 4/3 - Planned: 1.5 mi @ WU + (3x200m @ R 7:23 w/200m RI) + (3x300m @ R 7:23 w/300m RI) + (3x200m @ R 7:23 w/200m RI) + 1 mi @ CD / Actual: :-)54, :53, :53) + :-)87, :79, :89) + :-)51, :53, :52)
Pretty much nailed it. Felt amazing. I really do love speedwork. Then I did some abs and booty workouts during my lunch break.
ACB2D8FB-4302-4139-84FB-44CE6A4B1B41.jpg

Thursday 4/4 - OFF

Friday 4/5 - Planned: 4 mi @ EB 10:36 + Strides / Actual: 3.03 @ 10:34
I slept in and could only get 3 miles in, so I pushed one to Saturday. My husband and I are part a group of friends who decided to put on a First Friday event in our town. Tonight was our second event and it was even better than the first! It was 90's themed and so much fun!
IMG_5153.jpg

Saturday 4/6 - Planned: 5 mi @ LR 10:19 / Actual: 3.01 @ 10:08 & 3.21 @ 9:55
We had signed up for a local 5k, so I split my workout up into 3 sections. I did a mile at home, then two miles at the race before it started, then I did the race. Afterwards, I had my first booze in 37 days and it was glorious. Then I watched some baseball and took a loooong nap.
2B0F5B42-CCA7-4497-8FCC-E7FCD9E6AE9B.jpg
IMG_5186.jpg
IMG_5188.jpg

Sunday 4/7 - OFF
We had a busy Sunday planned but it ended with some sun time by the pool (it's still too cold to go in) and then a walk with the dogs.
IMG_5223.jpg

If you need me, I will be counting down the days until I fly to NOLA (4 dayssss). But also running.

Monday 4/8 - 3 mi @ EA 11:21
Tuesday 4/9 - 7 mi Blind Progression
Wednesday 4/10 - 5 mi @ EB 10:36 + Strides
Thursday 4/11 - OFF
Friday 4/12 - 3 mi @ LR 10:19 + 5 mi @ Tempo 9:05 + 1 mi @ T 8:46 + 1 mi @ CD 12:07
Saturday 4/13 - 4 mi @ EA
Sunday 4/14 - OFF

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter