Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Does anyone know if the character handler will take a picture using my phone at the meet and greets? Now with the new automated picture system, we are considering getting memory maker.

Does anyone know if the character handler will take a picture using my phone at the meet and greets? Now with the new automated picture system, we are considering getting memory maker.
The character Attendants have always taken photos with a guest’s phone/camera when asked.

I've made all my edits and want to do the one download now, and at the top it says I have 459 photos - but when i click download photos it says I only have 424 ? Why is there a difference ? None of the photos expired yet- our first day was Nov. 4th, and it says they expire Dec 19. Thanks for any advice!
Is it perhaps not including the videos when you chose to make the full download set?

Anyone having trouble with the photo pass photos. They are all there but l am trying to edit them to add boarders and all it does is spin and doesn't load to edit.

Anyone having trouble with the photo pass photos. They are all there but l am trying to edit them to add boarders and all it does is spin and doesn't load to edit.

I'm having the same problem and have been since I came back last Monday. I know I can download them but would love to edit them before hand. I've even tried it on two different computers. I'm sorry we're having this problem but I'm glad I'm not alone. Would love to know if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this.

Thanks

Sadly, this is not unusual behavior. Website wide, the Disney World online presence is hit and miss at best.

Hello and thank you in advance for your help!

I'm a bit confused about how Photopass downloads work when it comes to annual pass upgrades and I hope someone can help. I currently have the Weekday Select AP, activated February 1, 2018. This pass does not include Photopass downloads. I have photos that I'd like to download from February and July 2018 (already disappeared from MDE) and October 2018 (some of which will be disappearing tomorrow), and I expect to be in the parks and taking more photos in December 2018 and January 2019.

My understanding is that the cheapest annual pass that includes unlimited downloads is the Gold pass. I have no need for any other benefits of the Gold Pass, but I would really like unlimited photo downloads.

1. If I pay to upgrade to the Gold Pass in a couple weeks, will my expired photos from July and October reappear?

2. What if I don't upgrade now, but just wait to upgrade until February 1st when my pass is expiring, and then renew it as a Gold pass?

1. When you upgrade, any photos taken within the last year+30 days will reappear in your account. The July 2018 photos would appear, and remain in your account until August 2019. The October photos will appear, and remain until November 2019.

2. Same as 1. As long as you purchase the pass with Memory Maker prior to August of 2019, your photos will show up. I purchased my first AP this past August, and all of my photos from my trip in August of 2017 reappeared in my account, and stayed there until September of 2018.

Just an update: Although it doesn't expire for another month and a half, today I went ahead and renewed my Annual Pass, and I chose the Gold Pass instead of the Weekday Select. When viewing my existing photos, the watermarks are still there, and there's a message above each one that says "Not part of your entitled downloads". My older photos have not reappeared, and my newest ones still indicate the 45 day expiration date.

Should I expect my older photos to reappear in early February when my Gold Pass benefits become active? I'm a little nervous about allowing my photos from last week to disappear before then.

Last edited:
Just an update: Although it doesn't expire for another month and a half, today I went ahead and renewed my Annual Pass, and I chose the Gold Pass instead of the Weekday Select. When viewing my existing photos, the watermarks are still there, and there's a message above each one that says "Not part of your entitled downloads". My older photos have not reappeared, and my newest ones still indicate the 45 day expiration date.

Should I expect my older photos to reappear in early February when my Gold Pass benefits become active? I'm a little nervous about allowing my photos from last week to disappear before then.
I really don't have anything else to add here. I told you what my experience has been, and others have relayed the same. I'm reasonably confident with the information, but whether you let your photos expire or not has to be a decision you make.

I really don't have anything else to add here. I told you what my experience has been, and others have relayed the same. I'm reasonably confident with the information, but whether you let your photos expire or not has to be a decision you make.
Thanks Tom, I understand that. The "not part of your entitled downloads" message was contrary to my expectations, and I just wanted to share it as a datapoint to see if others have seen something similar. I realize that upgrading from a Weekday Select to a Gold may not be a very common situation so I might be in uncharted territory here.

Thanks Tom, I understand that. The "not part of your entitled downloads" message was contrary to my expectations, and I just wanted to share it as a datapoint to see if others have seen something similar. I realize that upgrading from a Weekday Select to a Gold may not be a very common situation so I might be in uncharted territory here.
Yes, I've never changed from one pass to another, and haven't ready any first hand experiences with exactly that situation.

We're plan on getting the military discount memory maker for our trip in July.

I know we have to get it in person with a military ID, but does it matter when we get it? For instance, if we don't get a chance to stop for it until 3-4 days into our trip, would we still get the photos from our first days?

Question: My uncle and cousins just went on trip to Disney. Here's the setup:
He is connected to me on F&F.
He managed the plans for the rest of his party. None of them had their own MDE account - he just created a profile for each of them and attached their tickets.
For most photos - one of the other members of the party scanned their ticket.
I'm cannot see any photos other than the ones that my uncle personally scanned his ticket.

I assume this is because I'm connected to my uncle but not directly connected via F&F to the accounts of those who scanned. But I cannot figure out how to connect with them since they don't have their own MDE accounts. Is there some way around this?

Thanks.

I know we have to get it in person with a military ID, but does it matter when we get it? For instance, if we don't get a chance to stop for it until 3-4 days into our trip, would we still get the photos from our first days?
I am not certain, hopefully someone who has more experience with the military Memory Maker will chime in to help.

Question: My uncle and cousins just went on trip to Disney. Here's the setup:
He is connected to me on F&F.
He managed the plans for the rest of his party. None of them had their own MDE account - he just created a profile for each of them and attached their tickets.
For most photos - one of the other members of the party scanned their ticket.
I'm cannot see any photos other than the ones that my uncle personally scanned his ticket.

I assume this is because I'm connected to my uncle but not directly connected via F&F to the accounts of those who scanned. But I cannot figure out how to connect with them since they don't have their own MDE accounts. Is there some way around this?

Thanks.
You will need to send invites to each of the family members whom your uncle manages profiles for, and then he will need to accept those invites on their behalf.

We just did this on our trip (12/6 - 12/9/2018). We didn't get a chance to stop for it until our last day in the parks even though I'd planned to do it first thing. I'm happy to report all our photos from the trip are included. When we were headed into HS on 12/8, I told my mom we have to stop on our way in or I'm afraid we'll forget. Initially the photos all still had the watermarks, but as soon as I downloaded one (saved to my phone) they all were cleared of the watermark and available. It worked perfectly!

Does anyone know how long it typically takes for them to get back to you on missing photos? There's one set of pictures that were taken in Toy Story Land that have not shown up in my account. I emailed them a week ago Monday and got the auto email telling me they received my request and would get back to me in 7-10 days. I haven't heard anything else since. I know it hasn't been a full 10 days yet, but I'm getting impatient! I had submitted another missing photo request about a missing magic shot and that our ride photo from SDD was of the wrong family. They did correct the ride photo, I just noticed it had magically changed in my account one day, but never got an email saying it was fixed.

Just wondering what others experience has been on turn around time. Do they email you and tell you they found them or do I just need to keep checking MDE for the photos? It seems like I got quick responses from them after my May trip when I was missing a couple, but maybe I'm just remembering wrong.

Does anyone know how long it typically takes for them to get back to you on missing photos? There's one set of pictures that were taken in Toy Story Land that have not shown up in my account. I emailed them a week ago Monday and got the auto email telling me they received my request and would get back to me in 7-10 days. I haven't heard anything else since. I know it hasn't been a full 10 days yet, but I'm getting impatient! I had submitted another missing photo request about a missing magic shot and that our ride photo from SDD was of the wrong family. They did correct the ride photo, I just noticed it had magically changed in my account one day, but never got an email saying it was fixed.

Just wondering what others experience has been on turn around time. Do they email you and tell you they found them or do I just need to keep checking MDE for the photos? It seems like I got quick responses from them after my May trip when I was missing a couple, but maybe I'm just remembering wrong.

IIRC I received emails telling me they had or had not found our photos. I know it took them a while once or twice. You might consider replying to the acknowledgment email or else calling to inquire, if you haven’t heard anything in a couple more days.

So, the last "offer" for photopass downloads ended 12/14 (while I was still there). Any idea when the next offer will go up?

I'm having the same problem and have been since I came back last Monday. I know I can download them but would love to edit them before hand. I've even tried it on two different computers. I'm sorry we're having this problem but I'm glad I'm not alone. Would love to know if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this.

Thanks
We finally got a reply from Disney on the problem we were having. We had to go into browser and clear the cookies and cashe sites, this was with Google chrome. Not sure what you have. But it worked and the pictures came up. Hope this helps you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!