Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Hi all!

What are your thoughts on this? We have Memory Maker, activated and first used during our trip last July. I've been slowly working on a photobook on Disney's photopass website using the photos. Today, I opened the book to do some work on it and saw this message for the first time:

"5 of your photos have been removed from this product as the photos are no longer available" :confused3 any ideas why this happened, or how to get them back?

I am surprised that it did not happen much earlier. Those pictures were taken in July, they should have expired sometime between August, and September. At this point, you may not be able to get them back. Visit the following website. Under the Question Type dropdown, select Expired Photos, and explain that you were working on a photobook, and didn't realize that there was a time limit.

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support/contact-us

For future reference, all photos expire 45 days after they are taken, so you need to design, and order your products within that time frame.

I am surprised that it did not happen much earlier. Those pictures were taken in July, they should have expired sometime between August, and September. At this point, you may not be able to get them back. Visit the following website. Under the Question Type dropdown, select Expired Photos, and explain that you were working on a photobook, and didn't realize that there was a time limit.

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support/contact-us

For future reference, all photos expire 45 days after they are taken, so you need to design, and order your products within that time frame.
I downloaded them all immediately after our trip - I figured that's why they are all still there (except for these 5, apparently). There are still some 400 in my account when I login. Is that not supposed to happen?

This is the Memory Maker that was included as a perk when we bought our Annual Pass last summer - not sure if that has anything to do with it either. Maybe "Memory Maker" is not the correct term to use in that case -- apologies for any confusion.

I downloaded them all immediately after our trip - I figured that's why they are all still there (except for these 5, apparently). There are still some 400 in my account when I login. Is that not supposed to happen?

This is the Memory Maker that was included as a perk when we bought our Annual Pass last summer - not sure if that has anything to do with it either. Maybe "Memory Maker" is not the correct term to use in that case -- apologies for any confusion.

I have what we might call "AP Memory Maker" and each photo shows an expiration date that's one year plus 30 days after it was taken. Could those 5 have reached that deadline?

Also, when you say you downloaded them immediately after your trip - do you mean you downloaded them to your own computer? If so, they should still be there - although I have no idea how to get them from your own computer into a photo book that you're working on on the PhotoPass website!

I have what we might call "AP Memory Maker" and each photo shows an expiration date that's one year plus 30 days after it was taken. Could those 5 have reached that deadline?

Also, when you say you downloaded them immediately after your trip - do you mean you downloaded them to your own computer? If so, they should still be there - although I have no idea how to get them from your own computer into a photo book that you're working on on the PhotoPass website!
I seem to have found a resolution (for now, anyway) - I opened the website in a different browser (Safari - I was using Chrome before) and the photos are back and no message popped up. Must have been some kind of glitch!

Thanks, all, for the help though!

I seem to have found a resolution (for now, anyway) - I opened the website in a different browser (Safari - I was using Chrome before) and the photos are back and no message popped up. Must have been some kind of glitch!

Thanks, all, for the help though!
Since your Memory Maker is part of the Annual Pass, that is a different thing. Those should remain active in your account for one year, plus 30 days, from the date they were taken.

Not sure if anyone can answer this but I have a question about how Memory Maker shows up on MDE.

We bought a package (from the UK) for the 21 day ultimate ticket which includes Memory Maker, and this shows up under tickets on the app. However, whilst it states 'including Memory Maker' on the ticket description, there is nothing listed under the Memory Maker section on the app. If I go to 'Link Memory Maker', it asks for an ID or Ticket Order Number, which I don't have (I tried the resort/ticket reference as we bought a package, but this doesn't work and isn't the correct amount of characters).

We are 180 days out today, so I just did our first batch of dining reservations and only just noticed this today - any advice appreciated :)

Not sure if anyone can answer this but I have a question about how Memory Maker shows up on MDE.

We bought a package (from the UK) for the 21 day ultimate ticket which includes Memory Maker, and this shows up under tickets on the app. However, whilst it states 'including Memory Maker' on the ticket description, there is nothing listed under the Memory Maker section on the app. If I go to 'Link Memory Maker', it asks for an ID or Ticket Order Number, which I don't have (I tried the resort/ticket reference as we bought a package, but this doesn't work and isn't the correct amount of characters).

We are 180 days out today, so I just did our first batch of dining reservations and only just noticed this today - any advice appreciated :)
According to mickeyfromthe.uk, Memory Maker will *magically* appear in the app as soon as you scan your Magic Band to enter a park for the very first time. Until then, you won't see it in MDE.

https://mickeyfromthe.uk/why-memory-maker-is-not-showing-on-your-my-Disney-experience.html

I have a general Memory Maker question, how do you balance waiting in line for photos and rides/shows? What are the lines like (I'm sure they probably depend on how busy parks are), but can anyone give me examples of how long they waited? I know we'll get our ride photos, but I'd love to have some nice photos of DH and I beyond selfies.

I guess I have a Memory Maker question. I have a nice-ish Canon, but I wasn't planning on taking it because it's kind of bulky and I don't know that I feel like hauling it around, so my mom and I were mostly planning on taking iPhone photos. I'm considering Memory Maker because we're doing MNSSHP, 2 dessert parties (maybe 3...), and Return to Sleepy Hollow. Is Memory Maker going to be a good option for us? Should I bring my Canon? We're doing a 8-day, 7-night stay.

I guess I have a Memory Maker question. I have a nice-ish Canon, but I wasn't planning on taking it because it's kind of bulky and I don't know that I feel like hauling it around, so my mom and I were mostly planning on taking iPhone photos. I'm considering Memory Maker because we're doing MNSSHP, 2 dessert parties (maybe 3...), and Return to Sleepy Hollow. Is Memory Maker going to be a good option for us? Should I bring my Canon? We're doing a 8-day, 7-night stay.
To my way of thinking, having Memory Maker, and having your own good DSLR are two completely separate things, and one does not replace the other. I often carry my Canon DSLR with me in the parks. I am able to get great pictures of anything in the park that catches my eye, be it a candid shot of one of my family members, that perfect picture of the castle, when the sky just has that hint of dark blue just before it gets dark out, the up close picture of a flower, or the dragon in the 3:00 parade breathing fire. These are all things that Memory Maker can't do for you.

However, I can't take photos of myself with my family, and I'm not too keen on handing my thousand dollar camera to a stranger in order to get a family picture. Memory Maker gets me plenty of those family pictures, and I get to be in them for a change. In addition, I get special Magic Shots, on ride photos, and special photos from events like MNSSHP. These are things that your own DSLR can't do for you.

For these reasons, these really are two separate decisions. Do you want the kinds of pictures that you can only get with your DSLR. Do you want the kinds of pictures that you can only get with Memory Maker.

As to whether Memory Maker would be worth it for you, one of the determining factors is how long you are going to be in the parks. For people who are only spending say 3 days in the parks, it might be difficult to get enough photos for it to really be worth buying Memory Maker, unless they were willing to spend a significant part of their time getting photos taken. On longer trips, such as yours, it should be pretty easy to get enough photos to get good value from the Memory Maker. In addition, you are going to the Halloween Party, where there are some special photo opportunities. I feel that you should be able to get more than enough pictures to make the purchase worth while.

I will be spending 10 days in the parks this August, and will have both my DSLR, and Memory Maker.

I have a general Memory Maker question, how do you balance waiting in line for photos and rides/shows? What are the lines like (I'm sure they probably depend on how busy parks are), but can anyone give me examples of how long they waited? I know we'll get our ride photos, but I'd love to have some nice photos of DH and I beyond selfies.
Like all other lines, Photopass lines depend on overall crowd levels to some extent. They also depend on just your timing. Sometimes you will happen upon a photographer who has just come out, and has no line yet. Other times, they will have a short line, and you wait maybe 3 or 4 minutes. If the lines are particularly long, I will just pass them up unless it is a photo that I really desire (like the Pandora magic shot). There are plenty of photographers in the parks, so it is usually not hard to find a couple here and there that don't have long lines.

Question.. If I purchase the Memory Maker Archive CD, does the editing tools comes with it? Or does the CD only have the images and whatever is already edited?

The archive disc has all of your photos, including your edits, but does not come with the editing tools, sorry.

Question for other AP holders and people who go frequently, is there a better way to download your pictures than clicking the "Download Photos" button? It's cumulative and doesn't let you pick the dates so every time I do it it downloads everything from the past 6 months. I want to just download the newest photos and not have to get a few gigs worth of data to sort through each and every time I want to get my latest pictures.

Question for other AP holders and people who go frequently, is there a better way to download your pictures than clicking the "Download Photos" button? It's cumulative and doesn't let you pick the dates so every time I do it it downloads everything from the past 6 months. I want to just download the newest photos and not have to get a few gigs worth of data to sort through each and every time I want to get my latest pictures.
I am not an AP holder, nor do I visit frequently, but I do have some experience with Memory Maker. Indeed, it only has two download options. The first is to download a single photo, the second is to download everything in your account. The only way I can think of to make your downloads more manageable would be to delete photos once you have downloaded them, that way they won't be part of your next download set.

The only way I can think of to make your downloads more manageable would be to delete photos once you have downloaded them, that way they won't be part of your next download set.

And, it takes a long time to delete each photo. I just spent the last few days doing that in preparation for my upcoming trip. They have to be individually deleted unless you e-mail Photopass and ask them to delete all of them.

Just FYI-I emailed asking about when photopass would start for the season at the water parks. The official response was after Memorial Day, May 28. Woo hoo! They’ll be there when I go!!

And, it takes a long time to delete each photo. I just spent the last few days doing that in preparation for my upcoming trip. They have to be individually deleted unless you e-mail Photopass and ask them to delete all of them.

That was pretty much what I thought, thanks for confirming.

Just FYI-I emailed asking about when photopass would start for the season at the water parks. The official response was after Memorial Day, May 28. Woo hoo! They’ll be there when I go!!

Thanks for the info. I will include this in the first post.

Hmm, maybe as I approach the one year mark I can just spend the 40 bucks on a dvd to ensure I have every single one, no copies, then have them delete them all?

Might be worth the money as it really is a pain to sort through so many files every time I download them all.

Second question, on the All Downloads page, I have a group of 4 zip files, then a second set of zip files with a "part C" name on them. Anyone know why the naming works this way?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter