Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI

I should have searched this out before making a thread on this.

Me and my friend are going to Disney. We have 2 seperate MDE accounts. I am the one who made the reservations, and she is linked and showing on my account.

I have a pin set on my account and a card set on my account.

Last time we went, she couldn't charge anything with her band. Fast pass and entering the room worked though. We didn't know why, and at the time we didn't care. This time I want it different.

I want her to be able to charge whatever she wants to the room, and in the end, it will be charged to the credit card I have on file with them.

When I reset my pin on MDE, her name doesn't show up. Only mine. Her name does show up on friends and family page though

On her account, it shows she can make a pin and add a credit card.

I called Disney and I basically was told that she would have to do this at the front desk. They said she could add my credit card and a pin, but either way, she would have to confirm everything at the front desk

Is this how it works and does anything have experience with it?

I basically want us both to have the same pin, same purchase power, same card charged at the end.

Thanks

I’ve read the beginning and still have a question, it might sound weird.

I know that mnsshp or mvmcp tickets are linked to your magic band, but is the opposite true? Meaning, are fast passes for an entire trip on a mnsshp or mvmcp card ticket that is linked to the reservation?

Last edited:
I’ve read the beginning and still have a question, it might sound weird.

I know that mnsshp or mvmcp tickets are linked to your magic band, but is the opposite true? Meaning, are fast passes for an entire trip on a mnsshp or mvmcp card ticket that is linked to the reservation?
No tickets are “linked to” a MB.
Tickets are linked to (filed in) your MDX account.
FP bookings are linked to (filed in) your MDX account.
Your MB just accesses anything that is filed in your MDX account.

No tickets are “linked to” a MB.
Tickets are linked to (filed in) your MDX account.
FP bookings are linked to (filed in) your MDX account.
Your MB just accesses anything that is filed in your MDX account.

Thanks, but can a party ticket also access anything in the MDX account.

The bandits stick into the holes in the strap and there is still holes in the strap in fact, there is 1 more hole and the bands are 1 hole longer than the old ones.. Sliders will also be fine, the MB didn't get wider except for that 1 spot at the mickey head which you don't want to cover so it works when you touch it.
Will the Minnie "frame" sliders used on the old Magic Bands fit on the new ones?

where did 'accident' go anyway - op? he's been gone a long time and used to post daily almost. always was a wealth of in the parks information, boots to the ground guy.

where did 'accident' go anyway - op? he's been gone a long time and used to post daily almost. always was a wealth of in the parks information, boots to the ground guy.
I don't know, but I also noticed that he just kind of vanished from the boards. I hope all is well with him!

Looks like he hasn’t logged in since June last year :(
Yes, I know. He sent me a rather unusual message via PM either in the end of May, or Early June. I answered back, and never heard from him again.

I'm sure this is a silly question but I'll ask anyway. My MB is big on me and I think I'd like to cut off an inch or two at the end. I do know about the peeling option but I think the smaller size would be a smidge too tight for me. Any reason I should hesitate to snip it down a bit?

I'm sure this is a silly question but I'll ask anyway. My MB is big on me and I think I'd like to cut off an inch or two at the end. I do know about the peeling option but I think the smaller size would be a smidge too tight for me. Any reason I should hesitate to snip it down a bit?
No, I don't think you will cause any damage that way. Go ahead and trim away.

We are going to one WDW park and have one day left on our non-expiring tickets. We also already have MB from a previous trip. When I make our FP+ reservations and link tickets to MDE, will the FP+ be linked to our MB? We won't be staying onsite. Will we just have to use our actual hard tickets? We won't want to have to go to Guest Services just to get them linked and waste precious time.

We are going to one WDW park and have one day left on our non-expiring tickets. We also already have MB from a previous trip. When I make our FP+ reservations and link tickets to MDE, will the FP+ be linked to our MB? We won't be staying onsite. Will we just have to use our actual hard tickets? We won't want to have to go to Guest Services just to get them linked and waste precious time.
FPs are linked to your MDX account where your MB is also linked.

Your linked MB provides the link to your booked FPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter