Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will my 2 y/o granddaughters magic band light up at the turnstiles? If so, what color does it light up? I know that she doesn't need a ticket or fastpasses linked to it, but I can see her wanting to try it.
It’ll light up blue because a ticket is not attached to her Profile line. Just let her do it and walk through into the park.

I have a question...I have two magic band orders pending. We check in on Nov. 23 for a night only stay and then Nov 24 for the rest of our stay. I have modified the one set of bands and want to cancel the other order. How do I do this? When I click on the magic band order there is no place to decline the bands. (I did google search to make sure I wasn't missing something.) TIA

We have two sets coming as well. I can decline any and all through the MDE website... We arrive in December. You do know many have multiple MBs and they will all work interchangeably. My daughters wear a different one each day to coordinate with their outfits!

We have two sets coming as well. I can decline any and all through the MDE website... We arrive in December. You do know many have multiple MBs and they will all work interchangeably. My daughters wear a different one each day to coordinate with their outfits!

Thanks..Yes I know we can have multiple and that they are interchangable...It's really just a preference thing and that I am planning for 9 people...lol

Maybe someone here knows what is going wrong with my MagicBands. I returned yesterday from Disney. We stayed, as we always do, at a Disney resort. I have 10 MagicBands that are active (and a few others that I switched to inactive). I encountered a problem I also experienced in July. It does not matter which MagicBand I am using, they no longer work to open the door to the room at our resort. I touch it, and it immediately flashes green several times. If I persist, eventually it will turn red. I tried it several times with all of my MagicBands to no avail. I finally gave up and began wearing an extra MagicBand of my daughter's as hers are all working. Note: my daughter has 18 active MagicBands. I went to the desk about my problem and asked if they could do something to reset my bands. I was told that I have too many MagicBands and should only have one or two that are active. I explained that my daughter has 18 active MagicBands, and all of hers work to open the door. The desk CM didn't have a good explanation for that.

I have no other issues with my MagicBands. They work for getting into the parks, for FastPass, and for photos. Oddly, they also worked to open the door to the club lounge/building (we stayed club level this trip and last). My daughter and I had one random incident in July when neither of our MagicBands opened the door to the club level building at the Polynesian, but that was an isolated incident (it was one time during our entire vacation).

Does anyone know what my MagicBand problem is? The CMs seem clueless, other than to suggest that I have too many active bands. It's annoying. I now have to wear a second MagicBand that belongs to my daughter (luckily she has plenty) just to open the door to my room.

Does anyone know what my MagicBand problem is?
The only remedy is to have the resort front desk "fix" one of your MBs to open the door.
(It is done via the computer at the front desk with the CM having the MB that you want to
open the door.)
I don't know what the desk CM has to do to accomplish this, but THAT is the prescribed "fix" for resort room-door problems.

The only remedy is to have the resort front desk "fix" one of your MBs to open the door.
(It is done via the computer at the front desk with the CM having the MB that you want to
open the door.)
I don't know what the desk CM has to do to accomplish this, but THAT is the prescribed "fix" for resort room-door problems.
Thank you! Sounds like I got an unknowledgeable CM the day I stopped by the desk to inquire about this. She kept insisting it was how many active MagicBands I have (not that many...) and wanted to deactivate all but two of them for me. I declined that offer. I’ll stop by the desk at our resort again the next time we visit Disney.

Can you customize your MB if the option is there on your MDE. Trip is not for a few months. Keep on getting message can not be completed at this time try later.

Can you customize your MB if the option is there on your MDE. Trip is not for a few months. Keep on getting message can not be completed at this time try later.

The website has been wonky lately with all the IT issues they keep having. The customize Magic Band feature has been on/off for me over the last few weeks. For one recent trip it never did work and I got the dreaded box of grey ones upon arrival! :-)

I’d try back later, clear your cookies, use Google Chrome Incognito, etc.

Does anyone know why My Disney Experience is saying my magic bands will be given to me at check-in? It's a room only reservation and it previously said I could customize until December 11. After several days of it saying "Your MagicBand Order Status is Currently Unavailable," it now says I can make changes until January 5 for pickup at check-in. I'm in the US, so I don't see why they wouldn't ship them to me.

Does anyone know why My Disney Experience is saying my magic bands will be given to me at check-in? It's a room only reservation and it previously said I could customize until December 11. After several days of it saying "Your MagicBand Order Status is Currently Unavailable," it now says I can make changes until January 5 for pickup at check-in. I'm in the US, so I don't see why they wouldn't ship them to me.
Glitchy system.
Expect all kinds of oddities.

Quick question about magic bands. We have a 7 day ticket and are staying at the Dolphin for 4 nights and then the GF for 3 nights. We just got our magic bands for our stay at the GF. Will those magic bands work prior to our arrival at the GF when we are staying at the Dolphin when our ticket starts, or do they activate the day we arrive at the GF? thank for the help!

Quick question about magic bands. We have a 7 day ticket and are staying at the Dolphin for 4 nights and then the GF for 3 nights. We just got our magic bands for our stay at the GF. Will those magic bands work prior to our arrival at the GF when we are staying at the Dolphin when our ticket starts, or do they activate the day we arrive at the GF? thank for the help!
Your MBs are active now and you can use them to enter your first park and FP lines.

We're here now and one of our Magic Bands is coming apart. The adult portion is seperating. Will Disney replace at no charge or do I just need to buy another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts