Exams at 7, 11 yrs what month?

Debs Hill

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what month the exams they take at 7yrs are in? Is it the same time as GCSE's etc? Is there lots of preparation? want to plan holiday around this!

Hi Deb

I hope I'm right in assuming that you mean the SATS? My two both took them last year, as they were in Year 2 and Year 6. It was in May, sorry can't remember the dates!

Easter Sunday is April 20 next year, so quite late, so you may find the SATS are nearer the middle of May.

I would check with your school. Our school did ask parents NOT to take their children on holiday during that time.

HTH :D

Key stage 1 SATS can be taken over a 3 week period in May (7 years olds). Key stage 2 SATS are timetabled and have to be taken on specific dates. This year Key Stage 2 Sats were 13th - 17th May. They tend to be around this date each year.

As for preparation, KS1 should have no preparation and the children shouldn't even know they are doing them - they were designed to be apart of the ordinary school routine. KS2 tend to prepare more - if you really have to take your child out of school then its better after the SATS.

They are usually around mid May. Michael, my 11 yo has just done his. Our school certainly disapproved of any holidays taken between Christmas and the SATs as they do a LOT of preparation work. We went to Florida last October and they didn't have a problem with that, it seemed to be after Chrismas that they really geared up with extra homework, lessons etc.

As far as I can remember (2 x KS1 and 1xKS2 so far), the SAT's are finished the week before the week before May half term. ie if you are thinking of the week before May half term and the half term week for a holiday you should be OK, but CHECK!!!!!!

I think the teachers have to have all the paperwork sorted out in that week.

Be careful here, half term was a week later than usual this year due to the Jubilee holiday. - As said before CHECK

National SATs exam week for 2003 is w/c Monday 12th May according to my little brother's school. For Infants, the SATs period is any time between the return to school after Easter until 1/2 term.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter