Exchanging Credits at Pop

jimmykitefan

Mouseketeer
In the past, Pop would not allow you to exchange your drink for another item on the DP. Is it still that way or have they changed that?

I’m at Pop now and they still won’t allow it. It’s the only resort (in our experience) that won’t exchange the drink for something else.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but that's why we switched to ASsp for this trip. It was just such a waste to not be able to swap out the drink when we had mugs. We did walk over to AoA a few times to do it, but in the end one of my pet peeves is when companies make illogical policies. Obviously their policy doesn't help their customer service and probably costs them more money as a bottled drink costs more for them, than a cookie or something....so stupid.

We did walk over to AoA a few times to do it, but in the end one of my pet peeves is when companies make illogical policies.
I think each resort (which ultimately operate as separate businesses) can make its own determination on 'bonuses' like substitutions.

I think each resort (which ultimately operate as separate businesses) can make its own determination on 'bonuses' like substitutions.
Of course they can, which is what they've done, but in my opinion it's illogical. Generally speaking a bottled drink costs them more to "give away" as part of their meal plan, than a side a fries or a cupcake/ice cream etc., so it's actually costing them more insisting that no one can sub for the drink and it makes the customer not as happy. To me that's dumb business and while they're free to do it, I'm free to be annoyed with it and take my business elsewhere. Like I said, just a pet peeve of mine when ppl./companies try to be difficult, just to be difficult.

Strictly complying with the terms and conditions of anything isn't being obstinately difficult. It's a business decision. If you don't make exceptions, there's no confusion.

Just got back from Pop last week and I heard the cashier more than once tell someone they could get a snack level dessert (or I guess another snack item) with their QS meal rather than a drink if they wanted.

I can also confirm. I was aat pop end of August and on two separate occasions was able to get a snack instead of drink.

I’m so glad to hear they are starting to let people get a snack instead of the drink. I’ll be there starting Friday and hopefully I can too.

I’m so glad to hear they are starting to let people get a snack instead of the drink. I’ll be there starting Friday and hopefully I can too.
please report back and let me know if they allow you :) we will be there in Dec and will be eating several quick service breakfasts there and it would be great to get a snack in place of the drink to take into the parks or something since we will have the mugs!

please report back and let me know if they allow you :) we will be there in Dec and will be eating several quick service breakfasts there and it would be great to get a snack in place of the drink to take into the parks or something since we will have the mugs!

We are here now, the cashier told us that we can exchange it for a dessert - not any snack credit but a dessert snack credit.

I was there April 17-25 2018 and they let me swap out the drink every time I tried! I asked the first time and was told it was fine, then just made the assumption that I could do it after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!