Excursion Time

iamporch

Mouseketeer
This November my husband and I are signed up to to the half day Baths in Tortola. The excursion time is listed as 8:15-12:30. Does that mean we will meet on the ship at 8:15 then? Is the 12:30 time when we are done at the Baths and then there is travel time back to the ship after or are we supposed to be back to the ship at 12:30?

Thanks

This November my husband and I are signed up to to the half day Baths in Tortola. The excursion time is listed as 8:15-12:30. Does that mean we will meet on the ship at 8:15 then? Is the 12:30 time when we are done at the Baths and then there is travel time back to the ship after or are we supposed to be back to the ship at 12:30?

Thanks
The start time is the time you meet the group, usually onboard the ship. The end time is the time you will be delivered back to the ship via the excursion transportation.

The start time is the time you meet the group, usually onboard the ship. The end time is the time you will be delivered back to the ship via the excursion transportation.

But sometimes the return times are overly optimistic. We did 3 DCL excursions and none of them got back when they said they would. If I recall DCL won't let you book two excursions that end and start within 2 hours of each other. That also tells you what they think of their ending times. Don't get me wrong, we loved the extra time on the excursions, but if you are planning something else right afterwards or want to have lots of time to wander around, you may have less time than you expect.

But sometimes the return times are overly optimistic. We did 3 DCL excursions and none of them got back when they said they would. If I recall DCL won't let you book two excursions that end and start within 2 hours of each other. That also tells you what they think of their ending times. Don't get me wrong, we loved the extra time on the excursions, but if you are planning something else right afterwards or want to have lots of time to wander around, you may have less time than you expect.
Interesting. Except for one excursion on our EBTA in 2016 all of our DCL excursions have arrived back at the ship at the time they were supposed to. The delay on that one was massive traffic problems. We were about 45 minutes late, but the ship was still there, as there were at least 5-6 other excursions also caught up in that traffic.

Thanks for the replies. I didn’t have anything specific planned after so that shouldn’t be an issue. I was just wondering if we would have time to go on the ship for a late lunch and then back off the ship to walk around the pier if there is even anything open right by the dock?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter