Existing members can purchase Riviera March 27...

Where are the point charts? I just logged in and for Riveria it's still showing points TBD.

Hmmm...it looks like the 2 person tower studios are similar, just a bit higher, than a 4 person studio at OKW...so I may have to check it out on a solo trip sometime to experience to gondola system.

I wonder who will be buying today!
Has Standard and Preferred view been explained?

For such a large resort with higher point requirements. ::yes::
Extremely. Yet another reason why I won't buy there. Quick math tells me that by year 7 of ownership, given a rate of dues increases averaging just 3%, owners at Riviera will be paying north of $10 per point for MFs. Going by the past three years fees charts, the average increases were 3.5%, 3.7%, and 4.9% for 2016, 2017, & 2018, respectively. Obviously, averages aren't the most accurate harbinger of dues increases to come, but they do offer something of a barometer. Get this--based on the proposed dues chart, the average MF fee increase percentage for next year will be 7.5%! AKL is proposed to increase 10%, HHI & VB a whopping 11%, with Poly, BWV, and SSR coming in at 9%. Even with those increases, dues at Riviera will be exceeded only by HHI and VB. :crazy2: I know my dues will get to the $10 mark not too many years from now, but starting at $8.31 for a brand new resort? Wow. So, figure $190 a point for Riviera (it may come in a tad lower with incentives to start), and 200 points. That's a cool $38K plus MFs of $1,662. Again, by year 7, at the very least, new owners there will be up to $2K a year for dues.

I'm certain Riviera will be success, just like all their other properties have been, but I simply can't fathom purchasing DVC now. As I mentioned on another thread, my wages haven't kept pace with the rate of normal inflation the past 20 years much less the rocket-fueled inflation rate of Disney products, services, and properties. I know others will disagree, but the golden age of an affordable Disney vacation (if there truly ever was one) left the building with Elvis. . .

Last edited:
As of this morning, the points are loaded on dvcmember.com. Their floorplan display leaves a bit to be desired though. Looks like the Grand Villas are all single level.

As of this morning, the points are loaded on dvcmember.com. Their floorplan display leaves a bit to be desired though. Looks like the Grand Villas are all single level.
Expensive, at least compared to my home resort VWL. For example, Riviera has two view categories, Standard and Preferred. VWL has no parking lot views, so the fairest comparison would be to Riviera's Preferred. (just studio comparison)

Riviera VWL

Adventure 18 15
Choice 20 15
Dream 22 16
Magic 26 17
Premier 33 24

It's even a worse ratio for 1BRs and 2BRs: 2BR Premier at VWL is 63; at Riviera is 85!

Even if you stack up just Standard studio to VWL, the figures would be 15, 16, 18, 22, and 28. I suppose that's point inflation for a new resort.

Is the opening date of December 16th because that is when cash bookings are available? Is there no chance it would be opened earlier to current DVC members? When reviewing the timeline for previous DVC properties, it seemed to open closer to when they put it on sale (ie. sales started in mid march and property available to book by DVC in July. Just wishful thinking probably since we are going home in October and was hoping for a split stay.

Is the opening date of December 16th because that is when cash bookings are available? Is there no chance it would be opened earlier to current DVC members? When reviewing the timeline for previous DVC properties, it seemed to open closer to when they put it on sale (ie. sales started in mid march and property available to book by DVC in July. Just wishful thinking probably since we are going home in October and was hoping for a split stay.
The 2019 pt charts start with the date of 12/16/19, so I think it's doubtful they'll open earlier.

We are currently booked Dec 8-15 at SSR and would have liked to switch to Riviera but looks like that will not be possible.

The points for the tower studios are crazy high! Why would I spend the same points fora studio that sleeps only 2 with just a murphy bed, when one can get a studio that sleeps 4 or 5, for the same points!

It's likely the date they feel certain they will be ready to open. Opening dates have been moved up before so if things move along faster that might happen. I would not count on it but wouldn't be surprised either.

The 2019 pt charts start with the date of 12/16/19, so I think it's doubtful they'll open earlier.

Thanks! I figured it wouldn't work out but was just hopeful!

It's likely the date they feel certain they will be ready to open. Opening dates have been moved up before so if things move along faster that might happen. I would not count on it but wouldn't be surprised either.

Probably won't move up to October! But I'm still happy to be taking my first trip home as a DVC member so life is still pretty darn good!

The rooms look really nice. Chip & Co. just posted a room tour for the studio on their facebook page. The bathrooms are great.
I may eventually try this resort, but there is no way I can afford those points & dues.

The rooms look really nice. Chip & Co. just posted a room tour for the studio on their facebook page. The bathrooms are great.
I may eventually try this resort, but there is no way I can afford those points & dues.

I like that the bathrooms are like VGF other than the reversal of the sink and toilet which shouldn't make too much if any difference. Other things I like is that they placed the drawers under the bed at the end instead of on the sides where they sometimes get interfearence from the bedside table. Nightstands on both sides! And.....I like that they have carpet in them.

A lot is very reminiscent of VGF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter