Exiting the Princess Half race early

sbran

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

I hope someone can help me out with this. This will be my 4th Princess Half and I was so excited to run it! However, I received an award and need to give a talk at a medical conference and it happens to be the same morning (luckily in Orlando). I would still like to run part of the race- I know I will be in a later corral (did not submit a qualifying time), so very unlikely for me to finish it in time. I would likely need to exit the race by 8:30am to make it to the Marriott for my talk. Does anyone know how easy/difficult it would be to exit the race early and what the logistics would be? Also, would it be easy/difficult for me to find transportation to the hotel (I.e., uber, taxi). I wrote to RunDisney, and they gave me a blanket response about how a cast member can assist me to the Family Reunion area, I just don't know how that would work. Any information you have is greatly appreciated!

Thanks! Suzanne

If you started in F, you would start around 6 AM. If you can finish in 2.5 hours you would be good.

Honestly, this doesn't seem worth it to me to start and leave early. If you exit the course early via the sweep buses, this will take you back to Epcot, but it could take just as long as finishing it yourself, depending on where you do this - there are set hard sweep points. The course goes by the GF at mile 7, so you could leave the course and hop on the monorail, but you would;t get a medal, etc (leaving the issue of getting the medal on a sweep bus as an issue for another day). What time is the talk?

Thanks for the information. I agree, it's does not seem worth it. I am trying to be hopeful, but it sounds like more stress than fun! Ha! My talk is at 10:45, but I need to be there by 10:15 the latest. Not to mention that my sister in law broke her ankle and my good friend just broke her leg- both were supposed to run it with me. Doesn't seem in the cards this year. Thanks again for the information. I appreciate it!

Right??? I am so upset- the conference goes from Weds-Sunday and literally the oral presentation awardees for my topic area are all speaking at the last part of the conference!

Ha! I was thinking that as well... I just don't think I will be able to start at 6am given my corral placement. But wouldn't that be awesome! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!