• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expecting Mother Delema???

phanomouse

DIS Veteran
On our upcoming family trip to WDW, My brother has begged me plan a day at US/IOA so I went ahead and booked us all at Portofino Bay. I have been many times but my wife hasn't so I thought it would be fun for her and for the others in my family that hadn't been. Well since this was planned my wife and I have found out that we will be having a baby. Now she is questioning if she wants to go to US/IOA or maybe Seaworld where she feels she could do more, or maybe just let the rest of my family go and we will just stay in WDW. So my question is have any expecting mothers gone to IOA and if so what was your experience like.... also what are your opinions on what we should do. Would you choose to go to Seaworld over IOA???

I have never been to IOA but hear it is a lot of roller coasters! If she doesn't mind sitting a lot of things out she might want to go and watch her family enjoy themselves. I personally would pick Seaworld any day over IOA. The crowds are never that bad there and the shows are great. It is very fun and educational.

:) Congratulations Daddy!!! :)

I haven't been to IOA pregnant so I can't speak from exprience but knowing how many thrill rides there are there ,there's ALOT she won't be able to do.Now if she'd just like spending time with your family she could go and look in shops ,see shows or people watch (worth the addmission at the parks IMO! :teeth: ) while others are on the big rides.If that doesn't suit her,she'd feel left out or you're family feels bad leaving her alone...you need to think of all those possibilities before the actual day comes! If it's no biggie that y'all are seperated for a day the two of you could visit either WDW or Seaworld.OR I have one other idea!!! :teeth: Since you're staying at the beautiful Portofino Bay resort,you and your wife or just she could hang out at the resort then meet up with the rest of the family for lunch.Then after eating you and she could hang around IOA with the family or not and check out some of the things she can do.She'd get some time to relax...believe me she needs to take AS MUCH OF THAT AS SHE can get RIGHT NOW...after baby comes...welllllll...ya don't have as much alone time! ;) Also you'd get a chance to do a few rides with your brother that "has begged me plan a day at US/IOA !"

:) CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

A lot of this decision will have to be between your wife and her doctor, and will be specific to her individual situation. That said, we went to IOA and USO in 2001 with my DW five months pregnant. She skipped Hulk, Dueling Dragons, Dr Doom, the Flying Unicorn and Storm Force, but rode everything else -- including SpiderMan, Ripsaw Falls, Jurassic Park, and Popeye's Bilge Rat Barges. Our beautiful little boy was born the following November with no problems or complications. I should also mention that my DW was realtively young at the time (26), and in very good health, plus we had no problems getting pregnant, and she had no history of miscarraige, etc. We also checked in with our doctor several times before going, including a last-minute check-up right before we left.

BTW, we're going back to IOA for one day during our WDW trip this summer so she can ride the things she had to skip. Hope this helps!

If she doesn't want to sit out a bunch of thrill rides at IOA, there's nothing wrong with splitting up. We had a WDW vacation with extended family over Thanksgiving, and we went with the understanding that we might head in different directions for a whole day or an hour. It worked out great, and surely the family would understand the 2 of you wanting to do something where your wife could do more than be a spectator. There's so much you can do while pregnant at WDW. I've done WDW 5 mos. pregnant but not IOA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter