Expedia Cruise Centre giftcards no longer option on Aeroplan Website

TFC_UNTIL_I_DIE

Parrot Head Air Miles Hunter Red Patch Boy
It appears that Aeroplan has severed their ties with Expedia- there is no longer an option to convert for gift cards on the Aeroplan website. I chatted with Expedia and they seems to be unaware of this change - it seemed to happen without announcement or knowledge on their side.

Just an FYI since this is a popular redemption for Aeroplan Members

Expedia ended the partnership with Aeroplan in December 2016.
Even though certificates were accepted beyond that date, I find it odd that Aeroplan aren't aware of it.

Expedia stopped giving Aeroplan points (Feb I believe) but now you can no longer use Aeroplan to buy gift certs. If you have purchased gift certs but not yet submitted to Expedia, you may want to do it soon. I assume Aeroplan will still pay the redemption fees to Expedia for outstanding certs. Expedia wasn't so sure when I talked to them, but that would be pretty bad business

They will still award Aeroplan miles for cruise bookings made PRIOR to the end of the program on December 31/16.
There wasn't an official end date to the redemption so if folks still had certificates the could apply them beyond that date. Expedia + replaces the Aeroplan loyalty program.

It appears that Aeroplan has severed their ties with Expedia- there is no longer an option to convert for gift cards on the Aeroplan website. I chatted with Expedia and they seems to be unaware of this change - it seemed to happen without announcement or knowledge on their side.

Just an FYI since this is a popular redemption for Aeroplan Members

The certificates are available once again on the Aeroplan site just an FYI

Oh man really!?!? This was the only reason we collect aeroplan miles. We have so many aeroplan miles but no cruise plans. We've done a couple of cruises paid with aeroplan miles in the past. This is a bummer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!